Chansung x Eunhyuk - What is love?

Let's Talk!

Tittle: What is love?                                       

Chansung x Eunhyuk. Requested by criscee.

 

 

Being in love isn’t easy. Your heart feels heavy and your head light. Sometimes hurts and others make you wonder why life can be so beautiful. That was what Eunhyuk was thinking while falling out of love from his ex-girlfriend.

“To think she was so nice…” Eunhyuk muttered, and sighed, still not believing that she just broke with him a week ago and just because a change of heart.

Really? I love him more than I love you, she said and disappeared from his sight that day. At first it was shocking and hard to digest, with the passing days it was blurred and he sighed. Maybe he didn’t love her either.

“Good afternoon, can I take your order please?”

Eunhyuk blinked, crap!, he has been sitting here, inside a coffee shop for a while and not asking for something, he blushed, his thoughts weren’t helping him.

“Sorry, emn, a coffee?”

The waiter raised a brow and wrote the order, “in a minute, sir.”

Eunhyuk nodded, surfing in his own thoughts again, love, an illusion maybe or a reality far from him, maybe is just attraction that fades away with time.

So immersed was him that didn’t notice the coffee being put on the table or how the waiter blinked at him, and turned to leave him when Eunhyuk didn’t replied to the calling.

“We’re going to close, sir.”

Eunhyuk blinked, “uh? so quickly?”

The man chuckled “It’s past eleven night, you’re coffee is cold.”

Eunhyuk blushed deeply and stood in a rush, bowing nineteen degree “I’m so sorry, I didn’t notice… I just-well, sorry.”

The man tilted his head and smiled “It’s not a problem. I recommend you to at least ask for something more than coffee next time though.”

Eunhyuk laughed nervously, brushing with shame the back of his neck with his fingertips and bowed less deeply with a sigh “Thanks, I guess.”

The face of the man is blurred, just the smile and the memory of a cold cup of black coffee. Eunhyuk put shrugged the memory away. He never returned, at least not in a while and when he did, was after another break up, half a year later.

“Good afternoon, can I take your order, please?”

Eunhyuk nodded, lest lost in thoughts than last time “coffee, with strawberry scent please.”

The man nodded and registered the order.

Eunhyuk watched the people through the glass, some kid holding his brother’s hand, a couple of teenagers blushing and some female friends laughing when a handsome boy passed.

Differet types of love, brotherhood, attraction and friendship, there are more, surely love is more… but what is it, what Eunhyuk wants for himself…

“Here, would you like something more?”

Eunhyuk shook his head and started to sip the coffee, “Mn, it is good” mumbled to himself and blinked when he heard a chuckle, the waiter still standing next to him.

“I don’t want anything more.”

The waiter blushed and bowed “Sorry, it was just I was curious as if you would really drink it this time.”

Blushing and making an ‘o’ shape with his mouth he smiled “So you’re the same person from last time.”

The waiter nodded and scratched the back of his head “Emn, well… yeah…”

Eunhyuk chuckled thinking that gesture was a little cute.

The afternoon passed quickly again and Eunhyuk just saw his three cups of coffee and two empty plates of cake.

“How much is it?”

Eunhyuk blinked when another waiter smiled to him and shook his head “Nothing, it’s already been paid.”

“Oh, thank you?”

Love was really something that start with a detail like this, usually though, people introduce themselves after doing such a thing to impress the person and don’t hide like his wooer did just now.

“Who cares, free cake is always welcomed.”

Eunhyuk smiled and walked out, returning to the same coffee shop after a week and so on.

“A rose?” Eunhyuk asked and the waiter nodded.

“Someone left it for you.”

Eunhyuk felt a little curious, more than anything because it wasn’t creepy for him. His wooer just paid his meal sometimes, others it was as if the mysterious person didn’t even exist and sometimes was little details like the flower just now.

“So, you know who is it, right?”

The waiter smiled and nodded.

“Is a secret, though.”

“By the way, where’s the waiter that I saw last time, I haven’t seen him here since…”

The new waiter shrugged and bowed before taking his leave.

Eunhyuk was not just curious about his admirer, he was also curious as to why that waiter from last time whose name was a secret never appeared before him again. Soon he lost track of those thoughts though.

After some more time, Eunhyuk returned to ask what was love? A chemical reaction? A real feeling?

“Good afternoon.”

Eunhyuk blinked again and tilted his head to see the man standing next to him. No waiter dress, plain jeans and polo shirt.

“Afternoon?”

The man smiled “Can I sit here?”

Eunhyuk shrugged and extent his hand to say “do so.”

“As a waiter I just can do my work the best I can, today I’m as a normal person.”

Eunhyuk was confused and let the other do the talk as he nodded.

“So, my name is Chansung.”

Eunhyuk slowly processed the word and smiled softly “Eunhyuk is mine.”

“Do you want something to drink, my treat!” Chansung almost chirped, and Eunhyuk smiled.

“Strawberry milk-shake this time”

A waiter took their order and left.

“So, un, Eunhyuk, what are you doing here, I mean, of course to drink something, well, what I meant was…”

Eunhyuk chuckled “To think.”

Chansung thanked the waiter for their orders and nodded “Oh.”

“Yeah…”

They smiled and drank their drinks in silence “So, Chansung, is right?”

“Mn.”

Eunhyuk thought for a moment and asked “What do you think is love?”

Chansung blinked lost, his brows knitted in concentration as he set his drink aside and smile to Eunhyuk, the man that more than half a year ago stepped inside his coffee shop. The pretty man with a cute jawline, and thoughtful face. The one that sighed for nothing apparently sometimes.

“I think love is…”

Eunhyuk was very attentive and his eyes held a sparkle.

“a mystery to be solved”

“Huh?”

Eunhyuk was perplexed and Chansung laughed softly “Every person is a mystery and love is just for one person in the world, maybe I’m being romantic, I believe in soul mates, so I really think love is just for your special someone.”

Eunhyuk tilted his head. No, well, it was true and at the same time not. If love wasn’t an illusion and was really true, then why so many break ups or why some cheated on him, or why others…? Just… why and what was love?

“That doesn’t satisfy me.”

Chansung sighed and smiled.

“I’ll show you love then.”

Eunhyuk raised his brows “How? Is tangible? I don’t think so.”

“You’ll see…” The playful smile Chansung gave him was quite cute and Eunhyuk felt a swap inside him as he sighed.

One week, I’ll give you one week to show me what is love.

“Ok.”


Day 1

Eunhyuk was early, he knew it! And then, why Chansung was waiting? The man smiled at Eunhyuk and gave him a key.

“What for?”

Asked Eunhyuk. He just left work early for a key… seriously.

“This key, is someone’s heart key, kept it for a while and you’ll find that person at the end of the week.”

Eunhyuk shrugged, there wasn’t a key for a heart. How silly.

“Okay…”

That day was fun though. Eunhyuk even forgot that he was searching what love was. Being with Chansung riding a bicycle, feeling the breeze of air, hears the laughs of children. It was good enough.

“By the way, why are we doing this?”

Eunhyuk asked in the middle of his walk to home. Chansung was driving and replied “Because you just saw what couples do sometimes, that’s sometimes how love is showed.”

Eunhyuk muttered something and Chansung smile at the “perhaps.”

“So, I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Seven o’clock. At the tower.”

Chansung nodded and smiled, waiting for Eunhyuk to step inside the building.


Day 2

Eunhyuk was really sure he was out from job at six, he was feeling a little bit excited, just little though. And he blinked when this time there wasn’t anyone waiting. Maybe he was early?

His phone rang and Eunhyuk picked the call “Hello?”

“Oh, you’re already there, right?”

Eunhyuk scanned the people and nodded to no one “Mn, yeah, why?”

“Sorry…” It was maybe disappointment, but Eunhyuk ignored it and kept listening.

“Can you look at the building at your left, please?”

Eunhyuk turned and his eyes widened, there was a screen for announce commercials, the words playing in white with petals falling were.

“This is love.”

Eunhyuk chuckled, feeling somehow warm inside and shook his head “You know, that’s cheesy.”

“You think? I believe is cool!”

Eunhyuk saw Chansung ans shook his head with a smile “That isn’t love, is just some joke, right?”

Eunhyuk asked and Chansung removed on his place, sighing “You got me there.”

The two of them went to a restaurant, most of the people were couples and so Eunhyuk watched them discretely.

“So, can I order?”

Chansung nodded, calling for a waiter. After ordering he said “You’ll see how people show love treating the person they like.”

“Then is like and not love; whatever. It’s fun this though.”

Chansung smiled and Eunhyuk kept staring at couples, some laughed, women giggled and men tried to be chivalry.

“It’s funny.” Eunhyuk started while eating a piece of meat “When I saw the, somehow I feel there is someone for me too, and at the same time, I still don’t believe they’ll be always together. Love maybe is really an illusion.”


Day 3

Chansung picked Eunhyuk at his job that day “Wanna go watching a movie?”

Eunhyuk shrugged, placing his briefcase on his lap after sitting in the passenger seat “Why not?”

Maybe seeing the couples there, all lovey-dovey was research too and he smiled.

“I just will keep far from the last seats, people do weird things there.”

Chansung laughed. The theater was nice, and the movie wasn’t even romance, it was sci fi. Eunhyuk wasn’t hooked on that genre but was the most appealing and he liked it.

He like how Chansung laughed sounded in the funny parts, how he heard the other’s gasp of surprise and how the latter’s eyes gleamed at the actions scenes, definitely, sci fi movies were the best and Eunhyuk doesn’t even remember why he choose it in first place, silly and true.

“It was amazing.”

Chansung exclaimed and Eunhyuk furrowed his brows “Now that I think…”

“Yeah?”

Eunhyuk blushed, I didn’t watched the movie!!

“Nothing, so, where are we going now?”

Chansung shrugged and smiled “Where do you wanna be right now?”

Eunhyuk widened his eyes at the tender smile at his mental response, he just wanted to be here, with Chansung.

“Home, I’m tired.”

Chansung nodded, disappointment in his eyes for a flash moment and smiled.

“Okay, I’ll drive you to your house then.”


Day 4

It was weird, Eunhyuk thought. How can he be missing Chansung already? He just kept watching the clock on the wall, waiting for six to arrive and so, go out with Chansung and learn what love was.

Amusement came with Eunhyuk, and he felt weird because he already did everything he was doing with Chansung with his ex-girlfriends and ex-boyfriend and even so, it didn’t feel the same for some reason.

“Maybe, just maybe that what…”

“Eunhyuk!!” The called blinked and went to the office of his superior.


Day 5

“How can he just call yesterday and say ‘sorry, can’t go today’ .” And he blushed, that’s right. Yesterday’s date was cancelled and Chansung didn’t say why, he just postponed the date for today and Eunhyuk wanted repayment. He was waiting for yesterday and he sighed.

“Today will be fun, I guess.”

And it was, the smile Chansung gave him, the grin when they rode the horse in the club and Eunhyuk was afraid of fall, or how Chansung embraced him when he was falling to keep him in place on the horse was magical, a little childish but magic nonetheless.

“I’ll see you tomorrow?”

Eunhyuk nodded as he waved good night and smiled, jumping over his bed and hugging his pillow. Forgetting why they were meeting in first place.


Day 6

Eunhyuk was waiting, it was earlier since he got out from job at two on Saturday and he giggled to himself.

“Sorry, I got a problem and, I’m sorry.”

Eunhyuk shook his head, Chansung was handsome as always and he was flustered, surely for the run, and Eunhyuk raised his brow.

“Where’s your car?”

Chansung grinned and took Eunhyuk’s hand “Today, we’re going on bus to the Thermals.”

It was thrilling, doing something spontaneous and at the same time it was shaking Eunhyuk off his safe zone, because he wasn’t ready. Thermals meant one thing for couples and that was… gosh, he wasn’t ready, his body maybe but his heart.

“Huh?”

Chansung stopped “We’re here. We’re be helping my fathers to attend the place.”

Eunhyuk sighed and laughed to himself, and he was thinking those things, of course Chansung wasn’t in the thermals for a night of pleasure, he was a nice man and…

“After ten, we can go and rest and we’ll return to Seoul tomorrow.”

Eunhyuk didn’t know taking care of a place was so funny until now. He enjoyed the food, Chansung’s family and how warm people there were, he also was blissful to feel the hot water on his skin and how he fell asleep after working hard, with ‘good night’ words on his hear before his slumber.


Day 7

Chansung rubbed his hands nervously, he was really early and worried, Eunhyuk maybe didn’t understood him, maybe he failed, and…

“Did you wait much?”

Chansung shook quickly his head “No, I just arrived.”

Eunhyuk smiled, he was nervous as well, and very excited, “what are we going to do today?”

Chansung felt his heart fall, maybe Eunhyuk was seeing this just as… and he forced a smile “Let’s go eat something and then go to some place.”

Eunhyuk was okay with it. He found that being with Chansung was the most nice place to be and he was happy with that.

“So, what is love Eunhyuk?”

Chansung asked that night, at Eunhyuk’s apartment, making the other blinked confused “Huh?”

Chansung breathed, he wanted courage and…

“Oh, love. I don’t need to know what it is.”

Chansung blinked, he will confess before his heart is broken, he’ll…

“Listen, I, towards you…”

Eunhyuk didn’t heard Chansung mumbled words and continued “I don’t need to know, because--”

Chansung thought he was being rejected and Eunhyuk then gave the key to Chansung, the same at the start of the week, so Chansung thought it was a rash rejection.

“I-I see…” Chansung muttered, taking the key and glancing it.

“Yeah, that key can open the door to real love, so… open it for me.”

Chansung cooked his head “Ah?”

“You opened my heart and found true love, now open your heart to me, so I can keep enjoying this love.”

Chansung smiled and hugged Eunhyuk.

“It has always being open, since the first time I met you.”

Eunhyuk chuckled “That’s a long time…”

“Not, it was enough for me to know too that real love exist and that I can find my special one.”

“Chessy…”

Chansung smiled; “Just for you.”

After some years, what was real love? Eunhyuk thought and smiled. It was to be beside the person you feel like home and have de bliss that that person feels the same for you. Love was real, painful sometimes, and with sparkling brief moment of joy that were tattooed in the minds of the lover for eternity. That was Eunhyuk thought was love, at least with Chansung.

 


Hi! :D First, thank you so much for your welcome, I missed you a lot and I feel great being back here.

About the one shot, I hope it was cute enough kufufu. And other thing. I found in my list of request that I ordered before my absence here that there is written a Nickhkhun x Eunhyuk, but I don't find it anymore in the comments and I say this because then I don't know for who the one shot is and my memory fails me bad this time, I'm sorry. 

So, next is the Nickhun x Eunhyuk, that time will not have who request it though.

I hope everyone of you will enjoy it even so!

See you!! -winks.