Yesung x Eunhyuk - Diminishing

Let's Talk!

I wrote this the first week of december, and I really thought this was updated until today. Sorry for the delay... 

 

Tittle: Diminishing. Requested by darkshoumy

Characters: Yesung, Eunhyuk.

 

A/N: This is inspired in a manga, I don’t recall the name. I just remember the plot is really similar with the difference it was shojo genre and not shonen-ai, so if you know the name of the manga or mangaka, please tell me. I really want to read it again, and I thought writing about the manga would help me to find it again, so, not intent of plagiarize here.

 

 

 

 

 

Like the wind after blowing, the feelings disappear in the people’s hearts. Yesung was sure of this fact, every time since he was born, just rejection welcomed him.

His mother wasn’t there to embraced him, she died and everyone one fault him, even himself.

In the ten summer, when the sky was so close, and he was in the middle of it and the sea, his barefoot marked and erased by he waves, Yesung knew he was one of those fading things in the world and no one would ever need him.

It wasn’t enough he was at fault of his mother’s death. He was also cursed, by something he couldn’t explain and to be true, either couldn’t be explained.

“I just don’t know who you are, you’re gross.”

Yesung just curved his lips downwards. His small chest constricting and the air in his lungs were in fire, he was used to this and yet it still hurts.

He couldn’t tell when it started since he can recall, this has been on daily basis. The person in front of him, his father never recognized him after a slight touch. It wasn’t clear how or why, it just happened that whenever Yesung touched someone, that person would forget him.

“I’m your son; please check the pictures in your wardrobe.”

The man’s cold eyes narrowed, thinking that was the only way to shout the kid away, he did as told and widened his eyes. It wasn’t happy pictures with warm feelings, it was just a picture per year, so in total ten, and he was inches from the kid, at the back of the picture it was always the same sentence.

“He is your son.”

It creep the man watching that, and as always he just swung the door open to let the child enter.

Yesung bowed and went to the corner of his room, where he replayed the slight push his father did to him while telling him to go school this morning and, of course, at that moment he forgot about Yesung.

The kid did his homework, if he wanted at least a nice comfortable life, he need to study and get a job which includes to interaction with people. Meanwhile, he should deal with the feeling of people forgetting him.

 

It was hell, every day, his father yelled at him for not remembering and saying how a burden he was. Yesung nibbled his inner cheeks and nodded, walking off to school, at his seventeen years, he was a loner and people were afraid of his icy attitude. He sighed, he didn’t want to affront more rejection as he did until he was twelve and thought about dying.

“You’re late!”

Yesung heard and sighed, his brow raised as he passed the boy next to him.

“Aren’t you going to say even a flatted ‘Hi’?”

Yesung bit the chuckle on his lips and turned cold to the boy with stern voice “Hi.”

“Yah!!”

Yesung didn’t negate he was happy, every day he had this woozy feeling in the pitch of his stomach in the mornings, after the noisy boy greeted him like a daily basis.

“Yesung!!”

Yes, he was happy and then why he even pushed out of his life this boy, you ask? Because he was afraid, of being cursed for tainting such gentle person, to make that same person forget about him. And it was then when the giddy feelings turned always in bitter sour.

“Stop.”

The boy cocked his head and Yesung sigh, irritated with himself and not the boy.

“Stop and don’t ever greet me again, Hyukjae-ssi.”

Hyukjae was baffled and pouted, followed by a sigh, suddenly he felt and arm around his shoulder and turned beaming “Donghae!”

The named rolled his eyes “Forget him Hyukjae, he’s such a prick.”

Hyukjae didn’t saw how Yesung helf his breath steps ahead of them waiting to hear what Hyukjae would say as he opened his lips.

“I like him Donghae, that’s why.”

Yesung didn’t know when his heart started to lap so wild, he just broke in a smiling face, letting everyone passing by perplexed, and he quickly composed again into his cold façade.

 

“Dismiss.” The teacher instructed and Yesung gathered his things into the bag-school and closed his eyes. He must face his father again. He must go and say hi to his aunt, that doesn’t remember him either.

“Hi.”

Yesung heard and ignored the voice. He heard this time the rustle of cloth and a clearing throat.

“You know, we must make a partner’s work, and well, since Donghae already has someone, you see…”

Yesung raised his brow, thinking how cute this boy was as his dark eyes piercing him.

“No.”

“So, well, wait, what?”

Yesung didn’t chuckle. He just saw the hurt in Hyukjae’s eyes and made him feel guilt washing over him.

“No. I can make the project alone.”

Hyukjae hummed in response. He was hurt and sad and mad at the same time, he had this uncomfortable feeling inside his bowels and shouted it aloud.

“Fine! I know you hate me, I know I’m ugly and bothersome, yet I tried, damn, I feel so stupid. A year chasing you and you still say no? Go die!”

Yesung felt that pang in his heart. Even if he was rejected, never in his life he was told to die and maybe that was the best, the ugly sad feelings inside him telling him to obey Hyukjae, the only person who’d shine in his little world and now was ready to left him aloof.

“Yesung?”

Hyukjae quivering lips uttered that name, he was feeling guilt and how ugly he really was, because Yesung seemed so lost and broken.

“I’ll do so then.”

It was half a second that Hyukjae needed to understood and ran toward Yesung, whom had already half of his body outside the window. Hyukjae panicked and hugged the boy from behind, pushing him inside the classroom.

Yesung’s eyes widened when he felt the skinny arms around his waist and shook his head, feeling cold traveling through his veins.

He pushed off from Hyukjae with wide eyes, wanting to say something. He just focused on the lost gaze Hyukjae had and the tilted head before blinking.

“Oh, be careful. I don’t know what would happen if I wasn’t around here.”

Yesung thought hope exist and smiled graceful. Maybe Hyukjae was an exception and he remembered him.

“Thanks.”

Hyukjae smiled warmly “No problem.” It was then when Yesung chuckled ruffling his hair and Hyukjae smiled a little awkward.

“By the way, who’re you?”

Yesung smile fell as he felt his world crashing into shattered pieces of glass and he forced his lips to recoil into a fake smile.

“I’m Yesung, nice to meet you.”

“I’m Hyukjae, wanna be friends?”

Yesung was hurt. Indeed and yet he couldn’t stop the words to left his mouth and shake the offering hand Hyukjae had in the air.

“I’d love to, Hyukjae-ssi.”

Hyukjae spaced out and blinked, a little lost, forgetting why he was shaking hands with a stranger and why he knew his name, so he grinned sheepishly.

“Sorry, can you tell me your name again?”

Yesung pulled off his hands as a hurt smile broke into his face “Yesung.”

Time makes everything less hurtful and helps to forget things like something diminishing and also there are feelings that always linger in the heart, thinking they fade when there are engraved in the soul and not the body.

 

“Yesung!!” Hyukjae beamed hugging the –now– man from the back and snuggling against the jacket since the weather was cold. Yesung turned and hugged back the petite body, setting a fading kiss on his forehead.

“Yeah?”

Hyukjae smiled sheepishly “I don’t know why, but sometimes, after some time, I miss you so much as if I some time ago pushed you away from me.”

Yesung shook his head “It was the other way around, and I’m happy.”

Hyukjae raised his brow “How so?”

Yesung pinched the petite’s cheek and kissed away the pout.

“Because by effort you can be more than a fading wave in my sea, and I’m more that a shooting star in your universe.”

Hyukjae cringed his nose “Cheesy.”

“Just for you.”

It wasn’t happy at first, it was full of forgetful moments and cries, yet Yesung was happy, because he accomplished something more important than a comfortable life; a happy one.

 

 

 

 

I hope you like it