22

The Pendant

 

"Yongguk! You can't be serious about your decision!" Himchan exclaims as his eyes widened along with the other members upon hearing the leader's words. "You can't just make such decision!"

"Yeah, hyung! Himchan-hyung's right!" Youngjae cried out. "I mean, you can't just order Zelo to get out of our dorm, he has no where to go!"

"I don't care." Yongguk coldly answered. "If he wants, he can go back to Mokpo and live his own life again. I don't care where Junhong goes."

"Hyung, are you out of your mind?!" Daehyun exclaimed, trying to snap Yongguk out of his anger. "You can't let Zelo out of the house!"

"Too late. As the leader, I've made my decision."

Everyone was dead quiet. They can't believe Yongguk's cruel words towards the maknae. He was the one who loved him the most and saw him as a true brother, but why now he treats him as no one? Was it because of the changes he lets his hyungs see? Was it because Zelo was changing mentally?

"Hyung, you are well aware that Junhong has no where to go, right?" Jongup reminded, crossing his arms as he stood beside Zelo, who had his head lowered. "He lives in Mokpo and his relatives are there. Here in Seoul, he has none. C'mon, you really can't be serious!"

"Does this face looks like its joking, Moon Jongup?!" Yongguk angrily bursts. "Or do you want to go along with that kid off this building?!"

"Yah! Don't talk to the kids like that!" Himchan cried in anger as he tried defending the two.

"Oh, perhaps you want to go off too, Kim Himchan?" Yongguk threatened. "I don't care if I'll be the one to stay in this place alone! I won't endure being with persons that act like Junhong here!"

"HYUNG! You can't do this!" Youngjae and Daehyun cried in unison.

"Yongguk, please..."

"Hyung..."

"Enough." Zelo butted in, his hands curling up into balls of fists. "I understand if Yongguk-hyung wants me out of here. I don't mind. I'm getting out of here myself!"

"Junhong, you can't be serious!" Daehyun cried out in astonishment upon hearing the tall maknae's words. 

"I am serious." Zelo answered. "If hyung wants me out, I will be! I'd even be glad and will be an honor!"

"Are you outta your mind?!" Youngjae exclaimed as he hit Zelo's shoulder, sure that it will only grab his attention and not hurt him. "Where in earth will you stay?"

"I have no idea but I'm sure I'll find a way where to stay." Zelo said. " And besides, living outside this building is far better from living here with complete devils! Merciless devils who can't accept defeat and act like spoiled little brats!"

"That's it! I want you out of my sight now, Junhong!" Yongguk shouted as he curled his hand into a fist. "OUT OF MY SIGHT NOW!"

"I'd be glad!" Zelo cried out, stomping off to his room, slamming the door close and locking it. Upon seeing the youngest's actions, everyone was frozen in place as the leader made his way to the couch, falling down as his hands were brought up to his head. Seeing that, Himchan curled his hands into a fist and stomps towards Yongguk. Once there in front of him, Himchan glared at the leader.

"Bang Yongguk. Look at me, now." Himchan ordered.

"No." Yongguk coldly answered, refusing Himchan's orders. With that as an answer, Himchan snaps and grabbed Yongguk by his shirt, forcing him to look at him, to look straight at his fury-filled black eyes. For some reason, Yongguk felt fear, but he refused to show it.

"I thought I made it clear that when I ask you to look at me, you'll look at me?" Himchan asked, his voice cold and stiff. "What's with you? First with Junhong, and now with me and the kids?"

"What do you care?" Yongguk asked.

"What do care? Yongguk, are you hearing you damn words? We're a family, remember? We support each other and vowed not to leave each other nor get torn apart! Do you see what you're doing? You're tearing this family apart! You're tearing our B.A.P family apart because of that god-damn competition!"

Hearing Himchan's words made Yongguk freeze in place and he looked down. He felt guilty, and he knew that Himchan was right. His rebellious side came up again and that was what everyone saw lately when he let those hurtful words out. He never really wanted to say them, but with him in his rebellious state and anger added, he said such. 

Himchan was right.

"I'm sorry." Yongguk said in a very soft manner that he wasn't even sure if the other heard him. "I didn't mean to shout at Junhong."

But he was wrong. Himchan heard him loud and clear and hearing those words didn't made the younger let go of his shirt. "You are well aware how Junhong feels about scolding, right? You should know better!" Himchan said as he slowly loosened his grip from Yongguk's top, making him lean on the couch. "Junhong's past is way messed up."

"I know, I know." the leader sighed. Slowly, the remaining three members made their way slowly beside Himchan and began to settle things up, calming Himchan down and so does with Yongguk. 

"Hyung, eottoke?" Jongup asked as he looked at Himchan, his eyes showing great worry. "We all know what happens after scolding Junhong."

"I know that, Jongup." Himchan sighed. 

"Aish, don't worry. If we know that kid, he'll be okay tomorrow, trust me!" Youngjae said, trying to bring up the atmosphere. "He'll be okay, hyung, I swear!"

"If you're wrong, I'll give you a nice hit in the head, deal?" Daehyun joked.

"Yah!" 

"Will you two keep it down?!" Yongguk bursts. "You are NOT helping..."

"Mianhe..." the two said softly as they hid their faces from the others. The two then made their way to the kitchen, starting to prepare dinner for everyone.

Hours passed and finally, dinner was served. Everyone was sitting around the dinning table already and were waiting for their youngest member to get out of his room. Seeing that he won't be coming out, Himchan had to call him for dinner. "Junhong-ah! Dinner!" he said, knocking on his door. 

To his disappointment, Zelo gave no response. Again, Himchan knocked on the door, calling out his name over and over again but only led to the same result.

"I won't waste my energy on him, Himchan." Yongguk sighed. "Let him be."

"I agree with Yongguk-hyung. He might need some time alone." Daehyun said.

"I don't want someone in our group starving. I am not eating until Zelo comes out of his room." Himchan pouted as he kept on knocking.

"Hyung, stop already. Junhong must've fallen asleep by now after the scolding he got. He would skip dinner so don't bother." Youngjae added.

"Agreed." Jongup nodded. 

Feeling that the other members were right, Himchan simply sighed and headed to his seat, giving up in convincing the youngest to come out of his room. Still, he left a message that food is ready if ever he comes out before heading to the dinning table. The five then dines and enjoys their meal at their best, ignoring the bother brought by the absence of their maknae in the dining table.

 

 

12:00 a.m. 

Everyone was asleep, obviously. Everything was silent. Not a single sound would be heard aside from the blow of the wind. It was the only thing heard that night.

Well, it was.

A soft sound of a creaking door broke the silence inside B.A.P's dormitory. A tall figure stood in the darkness. Zelo. He was wearing a cap to cover his face, jacket and most of all, carried a big black bag behind him. He slowly made his way to the door when a soft and familiar voice called out. "Junhong? Is that you?"

Hearing the voice out of no where made Zelo jump before turning around, just to find out that it was Himchan's. He was holding a mug of coffee as he appeared in front of him. "You nearly gave me a heart attack, you know?" Zelo sighed, clutching his chest.

"Oh, I did? Sorry."

"Aish. Wait... is that coffee again?"

"Mhm, wae?"

"No wonder you get troubles in sleeping."

"Eh. What is that supposed to mean? It also stands as my stress reliever!"

"Whatever."

Soon, the older notices Zelo's outfit and tilts his head in wonder. "What's with those clothes?" Himchan curiously asked as he pointed his index finger at Zelo's clothes. "Are you going somewhere? At this time?"

"Aniyo, hyung." Zelo answered. "I'm doing what Yongguk-hyung says, I'm gettin' outta here."

The words of the youngest pierced Himchan like sharp spears. He blinked a few times more before widening his eyes in shock. "Mwo?! Are you serious?! Yah! You know how little Yongguk's patience is, he can say words without literally thinking. You know that bastard!" Himchan exclaimed softly.

"No, hyung. He's right. I don't deserve to live here anymore as I am changing. I'm not that Zelo you know anymore, I am changing." Zelo frowned.

"... Yah, Junhong, if this is some sort of prank, it ain't funny. Stop it!" Himchan threatened. "... Oh wait! I get this! You are putting up a play for us and Kyungmi. First, you'll literally get outta here then show Kyungmi what happened and gain her trust and- ooh, I get it! I get it! Okay, okay, you can do that!" Himchan clapped.

"No, hyung. I am not putting up a show." Zelo glared. "Everything that is happening now is real. No jokes. I am leaving for real."

"No way. Where in earth will you live? The only place you can consider home is here and your place back at Mokpo!" 

"... I'll find a way, just wait."

"Junhong, please. Yongguk doesn't mean to say those words. Just understand him, okay?"

"Hyung, that's not the only reason. You see... I can't toy with the girl I love anymore." Zelo said, sending chills at Himchan's back. He shuddered upon hearing Zelo's last sentence. 

"You're insane." Himchan commented.

"No, I'm not. I am completely sane and what I am saying is the truth. I love Kyungmi, and I won't toy her anymore. I can't."

With that, Zelo pulls a piece of paper in his pocket and hands it over to Himchan. "Here, show this to the hyungs, and please, you read it too. I advice you to read this along with them though, but it's up to you. Thank you for being a 'family' towards me, hyung. I'll never forget you." Zelo smiled as he hugged Himchan before setting off. Upon closing the door, Himchan just drops on to his knees, dumbfounded by the things that just happened. He can't believe it.

"Junhong... you're insane." he mumbled to himself.

 

 

Meanwhile, Zelo begins to wander off outside the dormitory. The atmosphere was cold, too cold that even his jacket can't give him a slight feeling of warmth! The night breeze surrounded Zelo, making him shudder in cold. He needs to find shelter, warmth and so on! 

Zelo pulled his phone out of his pocket. 12:20 a.m. "I need to move quick." he said to himself and continued walking. Soon, rain pours down, soaking the poor boy wet. He soon runs to escape the cold rain, but fails. He was now soaking wet and soon finds shelter under a cafe's roof. He was panting, his breathing was uneven and most of all, he was freezing! "Aish, why now?!" he cried out in frustration as he sat down, trying to regain his normal breathing pace but eventually failed. He soon stays there and rests for the next hours.

He was still panting heavily as he closed his eyes, drifting into a light sleep. He still heard the drips of rain on the roof, and that made him imagine the temperature drop lower and lower. He was freezing and soon, he lost these feelings as he drifted to sleep...

Soon, after a few moments, Zelo feels his body freeze more. He was now shivering and his legs were hurting, as if they turned rock-solid already. "Ouch..." he hissed as he felt a sharp pain shot up in his head and legs. Somewhat, his limbs felt numb and his head felt heavy. Once again, he grabs his phone and looks at the time.

2:30 a.m.

"Time sure flies." he snickered as he slowly got up. The rain was still pouring heavily but Zelo decided to keep on walking despite the weather, thus, soaking himself wet again. He just keeps in walking..

And walking...

And walking aimlessly.

A few distances later, he finds himself in a rather familiar road. A familiar building was in front of him and soon, he realizes who was living there. "Great, I guess I can stop here." Zelo sighed and wobbled towards the building. 

He soon arrives in front of the door and rings the door bell, waiting for someone to open the said door. He soon hears faint footsteps towards the door and there it was.

Jung Kyungmi.

"Zelo?" Kyungmi blinked. "Wh-what are you doing here at 2 or 3 in the morning?" she yawned. Zelo simply kept quiet, drips of water dripping down his body, which shocks the young girl. "What happened to you? Wait, did you get soaked in the rain?! Didn't you bring an umbrella? What happened?!"

"I... ran away." Zelo tried to say.

"Mwo?! Wae?"

"... Reasons. I just-"

But poor Zelo didn't finish his words as he finally collapsed and thankfully, Kyungmi caught him. "Zelo? Zelo! Yah! God, you're heavy! Wake up! YAH! YAH!" she repeatedly called out. "C'mon, what's going on?"

To her surprise, when her hands touched Zelo's forehead, he was burning! He was burning hot! "Zelo! You have fever! Yah!" she cried out and soon, drags the unconscious boy inside her apartment room before shutting the door close. She carefully lays the poor boy's body on the sofa and gets a towel to dry him off. Zelo was breathing unevenly, breathing deep and his pace weird.

"God, Zelo. This isn't funny." Kyungmi began to panic as she tried drying off Zelo's body. Due to panic, she got teary eyes, and add worry as well! She was beginning to loose her mind and soon, unconsciously held Zelo's hand. "Stay strong. I'll do something, okay? Zelo, please." she whispered.