o2

The Pendant

"KYAHHH!!! OMONA, THEY'RE HERE ALREADY! KYAHHH!!!"

"OPPA! OVER HERE! OPPA!!!"

"OMONA, MY FEELS! THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!"

"KYAHHHH, OPPA!!!!"

Screams filled the hallway. BtoB was simply quiet upon seeing their dreaded rival group. B.A.P, or Best. Absolute. Perfect. It consists of six blond guys, some around the same age as BtoB's members. 

And by dreaded rival group, it meant that they hated them to the core. 

Just as when B.A.P were getting nearer to them, the bell rang, a sign of them having to go to their own classes. Everyone scattered and darted to their own rooms. 

"Remember what we said, arraseo, Sungjae?" Minhyuk reminded. "Take care of Kyungmi."

"Arraseo, arraseo, hyung." Sungjae sighed and tapped Kyungmi's shoulder. "Kajja."

"Nae." Kyungmi nodded. Together, the two walked to their class, and unfortunately, Kyungmi bumped onto someone. Someone she shouldn't have bumped onto.

"Appayo!" Kyungmi cried as she felt something nudge her shoulder hard, and since a lot of people were pushing, she fell down, and the one who bumped her almost fall. All the girls gasped in surprise and stopped in their tracks. 

"Watch it!" the boy who bumped her cried. He was blonde, and his uniform was barely fixed. He was obviously taller than her, taller than Sungjae even, and Kyungmi already finds her best friend tall! This guy was a few inches taller than him, a real giant!

"Mianhe." Kyungmi softly said as she stood up from the ground.

"Do you have any ideas on who I am, eh?" he hissed, making Kyungmi shocked and at the same time, disrespected. "Stupid clumsy lass."

"Yah! I already said I'm sorry!" Kyungmi cried, raising her voice. "Didn't you hear?"

Upon hearing her raise her voice, several girls crowded her and began crying out "boo" and offensive stuff about her. Kyungmi was used to this, so she simply focused on glaring at the taller blonde. Sungjae quickly sensed things and approached Kyungmi, who was exchanging glares with the the blonde.

"Kyungmi!" Sungjae called out, grabbing her wrist forcefully, glaring at the blonde as well. "Let's leave, I don't want to share the same air with a B.A.P."

"Hah, like I do!" the blonde scoffed before glaring back at Sungjae. The two then hurried out of the crowd, to their room. Knowing that the young girl had many questions in mind, he decides to explain it.

"Kyungmi, that guy you just bumped is no other than B.A.P's maknae, Choi Junhong or as others call him, Zelo." Sungjae explained to his confused best friend. "I'm warning you, don't get close to him. He's nothing but trouble. B.A.P's nothing but trouble."

"Yeah, and what's this B.A.P thing, eh? Who are they?" Kyungmi asked. Despite her second year in this school, she was clueless of things. That was proved just now, she is clueless on who B.A.P is! And that group is one of the most popular school-kingka group aside from BtoB!

"I'll explain things to you later with the hyungs, arraseo? Just stay away from him."

"Arraseo."

Meanwhile, back at B.A.P's place, Zelo, the blonde who Kyungmi bumped not long ago, was busy fixing his uniform and hair. "Zelo-ah, what's wrong?" Yongguk, B.A.P's leader, cried out, seeing the maknae stop in his tracks.

"A clumsy lassie bumped me." Zelo answered.

"Ew, she actually touched you?!" Youngjae cried in disgust.

"Yuck." Daehyun said.

"Yah, what's going on?" Himchan asked, his arms crossed. "Why'd you stop walking? Classes are staring anytime, remember that."

"We know, hyung, chill." Jongup sighed, his hands in his pockets. "Geez."

"Well, excuse me! I still have to see a girl in the next class and well-" 

"Flirt with her, Himchan?" Yongguk asked, his brow raised. 

"Yeah." Himchan smirked.

"You little play boy." Yongguk laughed.

"Like you aren't, hyung." Zelo snickered.

"You keep quiet." Yongguk hissed. "Besides, all of us are, right?"

"That's what being a kingka is." Daehyun smirked. "Am I right or wrong?"

Everyone simply nodded and continued on their tracks. That's right, the six of them are hardcore playboys. They would flirt with a girl, get close with them and afterwards, happily break their hearts. Merciless...

Best and Absolute Playboys.

Even Zelo, who is just 17 years old, has been flirting with almost 15 girls already and had broke all of them hearts easily. What else with his hyungs? 20 or more? Maybe, it isn't that impossible.

Zelo went on a different way from his hyungs and entered a familiar class.

The same class Kyungmi and Sungjae are in.

Star Section.

Despite being a massive heart breaker and playboy, he is a smarty pants. Imagine what the two's reactions were. Every girl in that room squealed and as usual, he winked and gave "hearts" out to them, even to Kyungmi. Of course, Kyungmi was just disgusted and made a vomiting action to Sungjae, making him laugh. Zelo didn't fail to notice it, but simply ignored it.

 

Finally, lunch break came. It was first day of the school year, and already, everyone was complaining about this and that! Kyungmi and Sungjae went out of the room together and saw how Zelo was flirting with the girls already. The two simple made disgusted faces as they try find the other BtoB members and have lunch together.

After finding each other, the eight set themselves outside, eating their own lunch. Kyungmi told BtoB what happened lately to them and soon, began asking who B.A.P is.

"They're a bunch of heart breakers and play boys." Eunkwang answered. "Never get close to them no matter what. They are liars."

"They've broken hundreds of hearts already, Kyungmi." Changsub said. "Falling in love with any of those six will end up only into one destination. Heart break."

"I see." Kyungmi nodded before shoving a food in . "I seem to recognize that they're all blonde?"

"Yeah. They say it's because they wanna express unity." Minhyuk scoffed. "Psh, unity my ."

"Exactly." Hyunsik sighed.

"Their looks might tell you that they are pretty angelic, but hell no, they aren't." Ilhoon said. "They're total demons inside!"

"Agreed." Peniel nodded.

"Just stay away from them, arraseo?" Sungjae told.

"Of course. Based on your stories, I should, right?" Kyungmi nodded. "And, heck, who'd like to befriend those bad boys?!"

"Yup, that' Kyungmi alright." Minhyuk laughed before patting the young girl's head.

"Yah, no patting!" Kyungmi cried and fixed her hair.

"Right, mianhe." Minhyuk chuckled. 

"So, about that rival things of yours. What's up with that?" Kyungmi asked, raising her brow a bit. "Did you guys have some kind of bad history or something?"

"Not really a bad history, just simply hatred." Eunkwang answered. "I mean, who won't get super pissed off if you see six kingkas breaking girls' hearts, right?"

"Nae." the other members nodded.

"If I can, I would kick their asses of the building and burn their corpses mercilessly!" Ilhoon cried. "I'd just laugh when they shout and scream for mercy!"

"Ilhoon-hyung, that's too sadistic." Sungjae shivered.

"What? You want me to slit their necks and something?"

"That's worse, Jung Ilhoon." Peniel sighed, face palming himself.

"Fine." Ilhoon pouted.

"I seem to get your point, oppa." Kyungmi nodded. "Who won't hate playboys and heart breakers, right? I mean, you're kingkas and you aren't like them. You treat Melodies well even if they act over the line. Them? Heck no they don't... right?"

"Yeah." Changsub nodded. "I feel bad for the Babys."

"Yeah." Hyunsik nodded.

Moving on, BtoB and their "kitten", Jung Kyungmi, had a peaceful lunch together, or so did they? B.A.P suddenly appeared out of no where with girls along with them, hand by hand. They were flirting with them and showing Public Display of Affections!

"Ew." Kyungmi softly cried seeing B.A.P a few feet away from them flirting! "Do they even know that what they're doing is disgusting?"

"They're kingkas. They don't care about that." Peniel sighed. "If You're a kingka, whatever you do is okay."

"Peniel's right. That's kind of the kingka rule." Hyunsik said. 

B.A.P on the other hand, didn't mind anything at all. They were busy flirting with their new "toys", saying cheesy love lines and acting all cute and loving to them, though at the end, they know what the ending would be.

Heart break.

Well, what do you expect when you fall in love with a play boy?!

"Oppa~ Do you love me?" the girl beside Himchan asked.

"Only you, babe. Forever and ever." Himchan smiled before placing a kiss on the girl's forehead. "You know me, right?"

"Eh, you two are too cheesy~" Jongup laughed.

"Oppa's jealous~" the girl with Jongup teased.

"Yah, Jonguppie, no one's cheesier than Daehyun." Youngjae laughed, his head placed on his girl's shoulder. 

"So not true. If there's someone super cheesy here, it's Yongguk-hyung and Himchan-hyung!" Daehyun pouted. "You don't think I'm cheesy, right babe?"

"Of course not." Daehyun's girl smiled.

"Yah~ Zelo-ah~ Why are you so cute?" Zelo's girl asked.

"Because I am." Zelo giggled, acting cute and innocent to his girl. "And, I want my girl to have the cutest guy~"

"Aw~"

The flirting and greasiness continued. Everyone ignored them, even BtoB and Kyungmi. They were simply disgusted. How on earth can they manage that!?

"Yah, oppa." Kyungmi called out.

"Nae?" BtoB asked.

"Promise me one thing. Don't be like them, okay?" 

"I can assure that we won't be like those freaking bunnies." Sungjae laughed.

"Good." Kyungmi smiled.

 

 

School ended. Kyungmi isn't working for today in her part time job, and was happily going home for now. Sungjae had to walk her home along with BtoB, but as usual, only Sungjae stayed with her. Upon arriving at her dorm, BtoB already went ahead.

Upon entering the building, the same middle aged woman greeted them. "Ah, you're back." she smiled.

"Hi, ahjumma." Sungjae and Kyungmi greeted.

"I see Sungjae's with you again? I really am glad your friendship is really treasured."

"Of course, ahjumma." Kyungmi smiled. "We've been like friends since we were 6 or something."

"And I do hope you stay as friends forever. You're friendship isn't that typical anymore, especially because it exists betweens a guy and a girl."

"Of course, ahjumma." Sungjae smiled. "Excuse us, we'll be going now."

"Nae. Feel free to." she smiled and waved.

After greeting her, the two made their way to Kyungmi's apartment room. As expected, it was spotless. Not a single dust particle was seen! "Woah, I don't know how you manage things alone here. This place is spotless, Kyungmi!" Sungjae gasped.

"Of course. I'm not like you and oppas who, even if you're living together, can't even bother to clean your place." Kyungmi playfully teased.

"We're boys. You're a girl..."

"And...?"

"It's in your DNA."

"Nonsense." 

After placing their bags on the couch, Sungjae made his way to the kitchen, grabbing a few ingredients from the fridge and so on. "Hey, is it cool if I make some crepes?" he asked

"Sure. I'm starving anyways." Kyungmi laughed. "Feel free to. This is your second home, right?"

"Right. I forgot." Sungjae laughed. "And our dorm is like your second house too, right?"

"Yup." Kyungmi nodded. "I'll just go dress up. You have some shirts over him, those you forgot last time, are you gonna use them?"

"Nah, I'm good with my uniform."

"Suit yourself."

With the young girl inside her room already, Sungjae hurried to make the crepes before she even comes out. Of course, he succeeded as Kyungmi came out dressed , but not house clothes, but a shirt and jeans!

"Where are you going?" Sungjae asked, carrying a plateful of crepe.

"I lost my pendant!" Kyungmi cried worriedly. 

"Again?! Aish! You clumsy clumsy girl!" Sungjae sighed. "Where are you off to now?"

"Duh. I'm gonna look for it." Kyungmi sighed. "You know, that pendant of mine has its own ways on how to return to me. Remember? When Ilhoon-oppa returned it to me and since then, we became close."

"Right." Sungjae smirked. "At least eat this first! I made it for you and me!"

"Fine." Kyungmi sighed and grabbed the plate. After years of continuously loosing her pendant and being returned back, she somewhat saw how things would go. One person would return it, they'd get close and, poof. That's how everything went. With Ilhoon and with Eunkwang. That was how she met those two guys, and the other BtoB members were introduced to her by Sungjae, Ilhoon and Eunkwang. 

That's how their friendship started. Because of her pendant.

"That was delish! Thanks, Sungjae-ah!" Kyungmi smiled happily and placed her empty plate on the sink. "I'll go now. Who knows who could've found it."

"Tell me who found it, arraseo? I'd like to meet that person." Sungjae smiled.

"Sure." Kyungmi smiled. "See you!"

"Sure, bye!"

With that, the young girl dashed off the building, trying to recall where she went. Unfortunately, she can't. She just had to go here and there, wherever her legs took her. She spent two solid hours going in random places she thinks she was from but no signs of it.

How if she lost it for real?

No... no, it can't be.

"It can't be lost, right? Someone would bring it back for sure, I'm sure." Kyungmi frowned, feeling her heart beat faster than ever. She was scared. How if she really lost it?

Seeing that the place was slowly darkening, Kyungmi decided to begin walking home. After hours of walking aimlessly, Kyungmi's legs were begging to rest. She also knew that she walked quite a distance so she needs to move quickly.

The street lights were being lit already one by one. The place slowly grew dark, and for girls, it'll creep them out, especially if they are walking alone. Well, not this girl named Jung Kyungmi though. She never gets scared of things, since she can easily kick men to the moon and back.

While walking, a faint sound of footsteps was heard by her. She quickly alerted herself and made herself aware of things. To his surprise, a tall figure appeared out of the shadows.

The same guy..

Zelo.

Not knowing how to act, the young lassie moved upon reflex and backed off, but still, standing on a defense stance. Who knows what he is up to?

"Hey." Zelo greeted, a smirk crossing his face.

"What do you want?" Kyungmi asked. 

Seeing that the taller blonde not give a reply, she simply glared at him and raised her voice gradually. "You heard me right? What do you want? Answer me." she glared, annoyed by the taller guy's smirk.

"I have a feeling that you are looking for something." Zelo said. "Something important perhaps?"

No...

He can't be possibly talking about her pendant.

"And if I was, do you care?"

"Hm... I don't know. By any chances, what would you do if I did." Zelo said and brought his palm up, a silver heart pendant dangling from it. It was wrapped around his tall finger. "This is yours right?"

No...

Of all people.

Why him?

Why was it him to find the pendant?

It can't be.

"This is yours, right?" Zelo smirked. "I saw you wearing this, and you dropped it when you clumsily bumped over me lately this morning."

"Give it back. Now." Kyungmi strictly said, stretching her arm out.

"How if I don't wanna?"

"I'll kill you."

"Feisty." Zelo smirked. "I like that. We should hang out."

"You're not my type. Nobody is my type." Kyungmi coldly responded. "Especially play boys and massive heart breakers like you."

"Now, now, I'll watch my words if I were you." 

"Don't tell me what to do, blondie."

"Ha, you're like your masters. No wonder you're BtoB's kitten." Zelo mocked.

"I'm not their kitten. I simply treat them as brothers, and they treat me as their sister. Final." Kyungmi defended. 

"Ah, is that so? So, are you free to be my kitten?"

"I am nobody's kitten, understood?"

Zelo simply snickered and Kyungmi curled her hand into a ball of fist, completely annoyed to the core. She wants her pendant. Now. And out of all pendant, why did it had to be a member of BtoB's rival group?! Why was it Zelo? What was fate trying to tell her?

"Look. Just give it back to me." Kyungmi ordered fiercely and strictly. "Now."

"I don't wanna." Zelo smirked. "You know, I wanna keep this pendant. This is mine now."

"Seriously. Give. It. Back."

"Shireoyo~"

And that's where everything became physical. Kyungmi acted quickly and charged Zelo, who surprisingly, sensed her movements easily and either dodged or blocked them. "Ah, for a girl, you're quite physical." Zelo smirked.

"Shut up. Just give me back that damn pendant!" Kyungmi hissed.

"I made my choice clear, didn't I? It's mine now."

"You heartless beast, no wonder my oppas hate you and your god-damn hyungs!"

"I know."

"Aish!"

"That's what girls like."

"What?"

"Bad boys."

"Ha, really? I don't."

"You're a tomboy."

"Am not."

Having fun with the girl, Zelo decides to take it to the next level. "Hey, I have a suggestion. The pendant in exchange of you going on our side." Zelo smirked.

"What?!"

"Leave BtoB and stay in our side, and after, you get this cheap pendant."

"I am not risking my friendship and sibling-like relationship of my oppas for you damn devils!"

"Suit yourself." Zelo sighed and placed the pendant back in his pocket. "Besides, I bet this thing won't even make a lot of money. It's cheap."

"Cheap?" Kyungmi scowled. "You're just saying that it's cheap because you don't know what story it contains, you babo!"

"Story? What story?" Zelo asked. Soon, his eyes burst wide, seeing Kyungmi's eyes flooding with tears. 

"That necklace is my most prized possession. I got that from an important person who'd never return no matter how long it takes. He'll never return."

"Never... return?" Zelo blinked, his attention sinking on what Kyungmi said. "Who?"

"..."

"..."

"... Why do you care?"

"I want to know."

"My father. My father, who died years ago."

Died?

Her father?

Was that necklace from him then?