20

The Pendant

The next week came quickly, as if in one blink of the eye, it was that day. Monday, again.

And to their joy, students don't have any classes due to the contest taking place today. Everyone was excited to see several groups perform talents and on top of them is the news that the school's two kingka groups were involved! B.A.P and BtoB. Melodies and Babys were going crazy over this event, even bringing banners and glow sticks for cheering.

Everyone was hurrying to the gymnasium, where their contest will be held. It was spacious inside, enough for almost everyone in the campus to fit there. Either the students seat or stand, it was up to them. Melodies and Babys were on different sides of the building, since well, with their oppas having rivalry, them too.

And there's Kyungmi, not knowing where to side. Since she was supposed to cheer for Sungjae, who is a part of BtoB, she had to side with the Melodies. But, for some reason, she has this feeling to side with Babys because of Zelo.

Well, she's a Melody and she has to side with her oppas now, right? Yup, she has to.

Lots preformed, popular or not. They were all very talented, that's how Kyungmi saw things. They played instruments well, sang well, danced well and so on. 

But no one cheered nor gave attention on them. They were ignored by almost everyone.

The reason? Unpopular. The contestants were not as popular as BtoB or B.A.P. No one cared for them. They only had their eyes on the two kingka groups. They cared nothing else but them, and that's what pissed Kyungmi off. They saw no real talent. The performers were really talented but did anyone tend to see? No.

She tends to see everyone equally, since, well, being one of the victims of being judged through position and physical looks, she doesn't want others to experience them. At least one might notice everyone and see them equally, and that one is Kyungmi.

Everyone's performance was really great. Kyungmi was probably the only one to see this though, since almost everyone didn't pay attention.

Finally, the last performers were on stage, namely, BtoB. Every Melody screamed on top of their lungs upon seeing the seven. They were dressed in dull colored clothes, their hair slightly fixed to give an "insane" look at its slightest. Colors such as dirty white, black, gray and dark brown were seen. 

The screams got louder as the music played. They began to put their microphones near their lips and sang the lyrics. 

"Keu iptu-reul ppaeseosseo keuraeyaman haesseosseo


Neoreul wonhaeseo seolmyeongdo byeon-myeongdo eobshi ni iptu-reul ppaeasat-ji


Michin jishiyeot-jiman hajiman mworado achirhan charishan


Jeoldae mot ijeul mot ijeul dulmanye giyeong mandeu-reoyaman haesseosseo~" 

With these words, everyone went wild. Every single Melody raised their glow sticks and waved them along with the beat. The cheers and screams got louder and didn't stop. Kyungmi watched in amazement as the seven seemingly shone on stage. The melody was great, and she never expected them to sing this great.

Most often times, it was only her and Sungjae to sing the song, but as a group, it was better by so many levels! She never imagined them to be this great.

Soon, the song was over and the seven turned their backs away and changing their positions. This time, another song came up.

Insane.

The cheers got louder this time. The seven walked in a cool matter. With the microphones still on their hands, they began dancing with the rhythm, swiftly and sharply. The song started with Ilhoon's powerful rap, followed by Sungjae's heavenly voice. The seven danced as one, and they were simply amazing!

If lately, it was just vocal power, this time, it had vocals AND dancing! They were amazing, earning the Melodies screams and chants. The Melodies chanted along with the song. Kyungmi, meanwhile, was amazed. Greatly amazed. 

She felt glad. She felt proud. Her songs, sang by one of the school's kingka group in front of thousands of people. Sure, they didn't know who wrote the stunning lyrics, but it was enough that she and BtoB knew who did. She felt happy that her smiles grew wider and wider by every word she hears.

"Naega tteonajulge niga sirheojige 
Ije deoneun gwichanke maedalliji anke

I‘m gonna be better
Charari eomneun ge deo
Oneulttara bimiri neomu manheun neo

You make me go Insane
She gives me so much pain
I won’t be back again

Hangsang neon amureochi anheun cheok kkok
Jigeum jeonhwal badayagesseo 

You make me go Insane
She gives me so much pain
I won’t be back again~Oh yeah~" 

The seven danced powerfully despite singing. The song ended great, making the fans go wild. Soon, the announcer, whom B.A.P had chosen to say the winner was, finally called all performers to announce the winning group. 

And who is was, it was too predictable.

"And the winner is.... BtoB! Congratulations!" the announcer happily said, earning cheers from Melodies. Of course, talent plus popularity, instant win. That was one of the rules in this world.

Talented?

Popular?

Good looking?

Yup, you'd surely appear perfect in all aspects. That's how unfair things are. Those who also gets at least two of those qualities won't be noticed. The requirements are all, and when you say all, it means all. No less, and more? Well, that will be better.

Of course, Kyungmi felt happy for BtoB winning, since they'll be going to the finals. For the loosing groups, she felt extremely sad for them. They were really talented, and some of them were really good looking, but without popularity, they're nothing. BtoB, meanwhile, had all three. They are talented singers and dancers, good looking and popular. Yup, they really WILL be the winners.

Before the finals came, the fans were mumbling on how the next performance will be. Well, a performance between two popular kingkas of the school? True, it will really be something. Kyungmi can predict things already, on how they'll go.

Finally, the contest went on. This time, it was BtoB on stage, again. They were only sitting on chairs, their attires changed. This time, they wore something more eye catching and less dull. They were wearing long sleeved polo-shirts, light colored jackets, scarves, and pants in ash gray, light blue, and light brown color. As soon as the music starts, a rap covered by Minhyuk and Ilhoon was heard. The fans squealed as this was the new song BtoB was talking about.

Second Confession.

As expected, their melodies were really amazing, earning squeals from the Melodies.

"Uriga saranghaetdeon sigando geutorok kkumgyeol gatdeon sigando
Modu jeonbu da ijeul suga eomneunde

All day neoman saenggakhae eojedo bameul sewonne girl
Gaseumi dapdaphae jammosiruneun bame

Eotteongayo geudaen gwaenchannna bwayo haruharu geuttae chueoge jeojeo himi deuneyo
Eonjerado geudae doraondamyeon nunmul ttawin eopgetjyo dubeonjjae naui gobaeg~" 

With these words, everyone was sent screaming in amazement. The melody was really amazing. It was calm, and the lyrics were great! It was a great combination of the seven's harmonious voices and powerful raps. The song ended with them singing at their best as if it still wasn't over, and when the music finally ended, they showed angelic smiles, reflecting their outer and inner looks.

Next, after BtoB exiting, the main group of the event finally came out.

B.A.P.

The Babys went wild upon seeing the six on stage. They were looking well! Not like their gangster looks, they appeared really well dressed. The six were dressed in casual clothes, styled in somewhat American-styles. They wore jackets, neckties, polo shirts and so on. They appeared well, sending their fans squealing.

The music soon starts. A piano made its intro, playing in a harmonic melody. To the fans surprise, this wasn't like their rebellious songs. It sounded heavenly and soft. It wasn't that loud and fierce like their previous songs, and more importantly, it has love as its theme! So un-B.A.P like!

But, did they care about that?Not really. They only cared that the six were on stage, charismatically looking.

Soon, the song starts, with the two lead vocals starting namely as Daehyun and Youngjae. The message was really nice, and every fan was sent smiling and squealing.

"Monday, tuesday, everyday…
Geureokjeoreok nan jaljinae
Chingudo manhi mannago
Yojeumen utneunildo manhajyeosseo

Summer, winter, spring & fall
Siganeun ppalli ganeunde
Wae naneun jejarieseo
Neol gidarineunji

Neowa gadeon keopisyop
Uri dulmanui keopisyop
Ni hyanggiga naneun igoseseo
Meonghani anjaisseo" 

The heavenly song continued, and to their surprise, Jongup and Himchan were doing an excellent job in singing, unlike in those previous where they only had a few parts. This time, they had more. This new song of theirs entitled Coffee Shop was really fabulous!

The Babys were waving their glow sticks with the rhythm. They were glad to see the six perform well. The rap parts easily matched the song. It was still catchy but soft so it won't ruin the song. Yongguk's deep voiced rapping really was amusing!

And there it was, that sent all fans screaming.

Zelo's part...

"Neoege oneul haruneun eottaenneunji mutgo sipeo
Aju gakkeum
Ijen neukkihan paseutado nan jal meongneunde
How about u? Ajikdo pikeureun mot meongneunji
Chacheum iksukhaejineun neo eomneun sarmdo kkwae gwaenchanha
Ni sosigedo useumi najyo
Haessal gadeukhan changgae gidae ieoponeul kkyeo
...Nan oneuldo~" 

Everyone was shocked and as soon as he was done with his part, they were sent screaming louder. Why? Well, Zelo's position is rapping. He, like Yongguk, had powerful raps. His dialect plus his fast pronunciation was amazing. This time, he settled down a little and became a sub-vocal, of course, with some rapping too, but softer and gentler raps. He really looked cute yet charismatic on stage, especially when he did his part. 

Kyungmi's eyes sparkled by the sight of her friend singing. He was... really somewhat angelic-like. He wasn't like a gangster she thought he was. He was an angel-like guy. Probably, he was really showing who he is, unlike the others, who were obviously faking it for the sake of the performance.

He looked so innocent.

So pure.

So... angelic.

The song continued well, and ended spectacularly! The Babys went wild. Kyungmi's jaw dropped in amazement as she watched their performance, specifically, Zelo's part. 

The six exit the stage, making way for BtoB's next performance. This time, a catchy tune came up and filled up the atmosphere, and upon hearing that familiar tune, Melodies went wild again, screaming on the top of their lungs. 

There, BtoB comes back on the stage. This time, they reverted back into wearing black outfits. No, not black, dark-colored clothing to be exact. Long sleeved, dark blue and black colored tops, black pants and dark-colored rubber shoes. They also wore some necklaces and accessories such as bracelets and rings to give more appeal. Their hair styles were different too, messed up a bit to give more appeal as said.

The song starts. They all danced sharply at the beginning and the melody caught the fans. They chanted along with them while waving their glow sticks along. The atmosphere had truly became concert-like.

Wow, similar to the song's title, that was the reaction of everyone.

"Geubi dalla namdalla tae tae tae taega dalla
I like it i like it 

Mwonga dalla neon dalla tae tae tae taega dalla
I like it i like it~" 

The lyrics were catchy, and the song ended as great as ever. As the song writer, Kyungmi smiled and crossed her arms, happy of their performance. Next came B.A.P, dressed wildly. This time, they looked more like themselves. They were all dressed in black-colored clothing, long sleeved and no sleeves and jackets. They looked like mafias or some sort. Plus, they also wore dangling silver accessories and had earrings too!

Yup, they pierced their ears.

There, the song starts powerfully, with Yongguk's rap. This time, the rap was more powerful, fierce and so on. It was followed by Himchan and Jongup's parts. Afterwards, Daehyun and Youngjae and came the chorus, having such powerful dance steps.

"Only one shot only one shot
Ireul kkwak mulgo deombyeodeureo one shot
Only one shot only one shot
Sesangui neoreul deonjyeobeoryeo one shot
Only one shot only one shot
Ireul kkwak mulgo deombyeodeureo one shot
Only one shot only one shot
...You only have one chance u know?" 

The Babys went wild! Finally came Zelo's powerful dance moves and rapping. It was fierce too, unlike before where he used a soft tone of his voice in rapping and singing. This time, it showed a charismatic side of him. More powerful, more fierce.

The song continued, Babys greatly cheering and chanting while raising their glow sticks. It was a powerful dance, and Kyungmi's eyes were glued on them. The dance was amazing and eye-catching. 

Finally, it ended. The judging came up next. BtoB and B.A.P were called on stage to announce who the winner will be. Everyone waited for the announcer to read the winner.

"And the winner is!" the announcer began, making Babys and Melodies hearts beat faster than ever. They were tensed. Who will get the crown? Who will be the winner?

Will it be B.A.P?

Or will it be BtoB?

The winner and the true kingka group..

Shall be decided then.

The red envelope was soon opened and a white paper was shown. Black texts and the name of the winner was there. The announcer's seemingly smiled and nodded, happy about the results.

"The winner..." the announcer began, grabbing everyone's attention.

"Is..."

Their hearts beat faster and faster.

Who will the winning group be?

Gangster-like B.A.P who can be both romantic and fierce?

Or BtoB, who sang and danced greatly with charisma and charm?