12

The Pendant

Days passed and yes, the three's friendship was sealed. No one knew except the three of them... and with Zelo just acting as Kyungmi's friend, B.A.P knew about the new news and so on. B.A.P knew what was going on, and they simply acted as if they didn't have a clue. 

Meanwhile, Sungjae, despite not knowing that Zelo's group knows, kept the act and his mouth sealed. BtoB had no idea, for they only had friendship bonding moments in secret. It would only occur either at night time or after school or even sometimes, at weekends at the restaurant Kyungmi works in.

Meanwhile, Kyungmi is the only clueless one. She didn't know that B.A.P knew this friendship of them and most importantly, that this friendship she thinks exist between the three of them is simply an act for her sake! What else, Zelo is no friend of her, but a fake too!

Poor little kitten unaware of things.

That the bunny and dog puts up an illusion for her sake... 

"Good morning!" Kyungmi greeted, waving at Sungjae, who was a few feet away from her. Of course, the male quickly notices her and waves back, patting her head.

"Good morning too." Sungjae replied. "My, someone had a good wake-up call."

"Yeah. Let's just say things went my way today." she smiled.

"Ah, jinjja? Cool!" 

"Tell me about it!"

"Hey~ Good morning!" the other BtoB members greeted upon seeing Sungjae talking with Kyungmi. Of course, the young lass happily and sweetly greeted her oppas back. 

"Good morning!" she waved. 

"Someone's in a good mood." Peniel commented.

"Lemme guess, you had a good wake up, right?" Changsub smiled.

"It's obvious she did, just look at her freaking smile!" Minhyuk cried out.

"Aigoo, oppas..." Kyungmi laughed. Soon, the group comes up on the school's another famous kingka group, B.A.P. Of course, the six blonde made their way to the hallway with squeals and screams accompanying them. Every member was giving fan service to the Babys, which BtoB found disgusting.

And so did Sungjae and Kyungmi.

"Gross." Hyunsik softly remarked.

"Disgusting. Do they have any ideas on what they are doing?" Ilhoon asked.

"Hah, probably not!" Eunkwang laughed.

Upon making their way in front of BtoB, Zelo's eyes met Sungjae's and Kyungmi's, showing a faint smile only the two managed to see secretly. Of course, they simply made eye contact with the blonde, their faces emotionless. But still, that managed to convey the two's message to Zelo successfully.

Soon, the bell rang and their normal school routines began. Sungjae and Kyungmi headed to their room, where of course, Zelo had arrived earlier. Their teacher soon arrived and they began their classes.

Hours passed and before they knew it, class, no, school was over! It was like it only lasted for minutes. Kyungmi didn't noticed how fast time flew.

Maybe it was because her mind was flying?

Nah, ridiculous. That's too ridiculous.

"Sungjae" she smiled, jumping in front of Sungjae's seat.

"Omo! You shocked me!" Sungjae cried out in astonishment, seeing Kyungmi in front of him, jumping happily. Her typical smile was flashing on her face.

"Kajja?" the lass asked.

"Sure. Let's tell the hyungs first that we won't be able to go along with them, arraseo?"

"Nae~"

Together, they hurried and met the other BtoB members and told about their plan. Of course, they all agreed and gave the two permission to roam Seoul with them two alone.

"Be sure to look out for Kyungmi, or else!" Ilhoon threatened.

"Arraseo, arraseo, I understand, hyung, geez." Sungjae sighed, smiling afterwards. "You know me, I won't let anything happen to Kyungmi! She's like a sister to me and IS my best friend to add!"

"Someone's being cheesy." Kyungmi cried in disgust.

"Ew, Sungjae's being cheesy!" Peniel exclaimed afterwards.

"Aish, you..." Sungjae sighed and held Kyungmi's hand. "We're going, see you later, hyungs!" 

"Sungjae-ah!" Eunkwang called out.

"Nae, Eunkwang-hyung?"

"Can you buy some meat for later for us?"

"Sure. No problem."

"Thanks!"

"You're welcome!"

With that, the two darted out of the school building hand by hand. They headed to Seoul to roam around... just the two of them, or so that was what others knew.

They are three, of course, Zelo would come along. They met each other somewhere quite far from their school, to avoid some of their school mates' eyes. 

Think about it, a B.A.P member, a BtoB member and the school's famous emotionless tomboy hanging around together. It would be a start of a great issue that of course, would be full of lies and rumors creative minds would produce. As expected of people...

"So, where are we heading today?" Kyungmi asked.

"I know a cafe nearby. Wanna stop by there? My treat." Zelo smiled.

"Sure. Is that good with you, Sungjae?" 

"Yeah, anything's good." Sungjae nodded, smiling.

"Good, we're heading there then!" 

With a few walks, the three arrived at the said cafe and had a small snack consisting of slices of cakes, pastries and bubble teas and smoothies. The three happily ate their fill and in the middle, suggested some next destinations they would visit afterwards.

"Hey, how about we stop by at that shop you often asked to go to?" Sungjae suggested.

"Pardon?" Zelo blinked.

"No way, you really are taking me there?"

"Sure, why not? Buy anything you want, my treat."

"Are you for real?!"

"Do I look like I'm joking, Jung Kyungmi?"

"No... but-" 

"Then I'm not." Sungjae smiled.

"Omona, thank you!!!" Kyungmi cried in joy before jumping in her seat.

"Um, what is the topic you are talking about again?" clueless Zelo asks, tilting his head a bit in confusion. "What shop are you talking about, eh?"

"You'll see later! You'll like it there, won't he, Sungjae?" Kyungmi asked, smiling brightly.

"I'm sure he will." Sungjae smiled back. "He will, for sure." 

"I see. I'm curious now." Zelo laughed.

"Aw, then finish your meals and let's head off!" Kyungmi suggested, clapping twice. The two guys simply smiled at Kyungmi's actions and continued eating until their finished their food. Afterwards, they headed to the place Sungjae suggested.

The three then walked together the nightlife of Seoul. Colorful lights lit the whole city up. The buzzing noise of vehicles and people chatting gradually decreased as the city grew late. Putting up fake faces, Sungjae and Zelo pretended to be in good vibes for the sake of Kyungmi.

Well, they didn't want to ruin everything now, right? 

It's been quite some days since they were like this, and for some reason, Kyungmi never realized. Talk about being someone who is the topnotcher of the school! Kyungmi, despite being the number 1 student of the school for her level, she actually can be quite naive, as shown. It was obvious and anyone can easily notice something strange between Sungjae and Zelo. That they can't actually be that "friends" Kyungmi imagined.

Well, someone from two different parties sharing bitter rivalry and hatred would NEVER get along actually. That's a fact.

At some time, the two males would exchange deathly glares behind Kyungmi's back. From time to time, they would act close and the next second, act as if they want to strangle the other to death! 

If looks can kill, both of them would be dead by now.

"Sungjae!" Kyungmi happily called out, increasing her speed as her eyes sparkled. "Palli, I see it!"

"Aish, calm down! It's not the end of everything, yah!" Sungjae cried out, chasing the young lass with Zelo. The two males then find the female standing happily in front of a particular store. Figurines and such were seen in the glass window of the said store. Lots of figurines.

"This is where Kyungmi wanted to go?" Zelo blinked. "A figurine store?"

"Yeah, I always visit here with Sungjae and sometimes, with the BtoB-oppas when we first came here to Seoul. Usually, it's just me and Sungjae." Kyungmi answered. "We'd look around but never actually bought anything."

"Not true, I bought a figurine once!" Sungjae defended.

"You did? When?"

"Last vacation? The figurine with that two kids with an umbrella, remember?"

"Ah, that! I remember now..." Kyungmi laughed.

"Aigoo, forgetful ahjumma."

"YAH!"

"We should look around, kajja." Zelo suggested. The two nodded and followed the blonde in the store, which to where they were greeted by the store owner. The owner was an old man, which was running the store alone. A few people only visited despite the wonderful figurines. Only a few take interest in them.

And Kyungmi is one of those few.

"Welcome again, young lady." the store-seller greeted with a smile.

"Hello, it's nice to be back again." Kyungmi greeted back. "Do you have any new products?"

"Ah, yes. It's there at the corner, go take a look if you're interested."

"Yes, I will." 

"Are they your friends?"

"Yes."

"Ah, it's nice that kids these days are taking interest with figurines."

"Indeed."

After that rather short conversation, the three roamed the insides of the shop, their eyes seeing foreign designs of figurines that were rather attracting. Some were somewhat inspirations of love and friendship. Figurines of angels, romantic scenes and friendship-themed ones stood out the most. They looked simple but had a rare aura wrapped around them.

"So, where's that that figurine you were talking about again?" Zelo asked.

"It's somewhere here." Kyungmi answered. "I know it."

"The price is simply unbearable, no one could've bought it!" Sungjae added. "Well, not except if they are like, luxurious or something."

"And you're willing to buy that for me?" Kyungmi asked.

"Yup."

"Thanks~"

"Anything, best. Anything for you." 

The three then looked for the said figurine together, for Kyungmi. "Say, what does it look like again?" Zelo asked.

"It has something to do with three characters." Kyungmi answered.

"Sitting on a bench?"

"Yeah!"

"I think I've found it."

"Really? Where?!" 

Upon the words of Zelo, Sungjae and Kyungmi darted to his place, just to find the said figurine, as if it was waiting for them. It was standing out the most yet, according to Sungjae, thanks to the price, no one wanted to buy it. It was actually cheap now, but still, no one bought it. 

"Wow, never knew that no one will still buy this at this price!" Sungjae cried out.

"Ahjussi, is this figurine taken already?" Kyungmi asked, pointing at the said figurine she desired.

"Ah, that? No. For some reason, lots were attracted to it but no one bought it. I thought it was because of the price so I lowered it, but still, none." the old man replied.

"Ah, I see. Will it be okay for me to purchase it?"

"Of course, dear. It's yours if you want."

A smile curled up Kyungmi's face. She grabbed the figurine and placed in the counter. Of course, Sungjae was the one to pay though the young lass can actually afford it now. The small figurine was wrapped in old yet clean papers and was carefully placed in a bag. "Take good care of it." the shop owner said.

"I will." Kyungmi eye-smiled. "I will, ahjussi."

"Come back again anytime!"

"I will~ 'Till then!"

With that, the three left the shop and walked the nightlife of Seoul again, with no particular destination. The three shared some chats and teases, but one thing was noticeable.

Sungjae and Zelo didn't have any direct conversation. They only talked through Kyungmi. Never did they even made eye contact, and still, Kyungmi didn't notice it! 

Talk about being naive.

"Hey, it's getting late." Zelo said, looking a the time his phone showed. "I should be heading home by now or the hyung will shower me with never-ending nags again."

"Ah, sure, it's cool." Kyungmi nodded. "Are you too?" she asked, facing Sungjae.

"... I think I should too. The hyungs must be starving by now!" Sungjae chuckled.

".... Have you bought the meat yet?" 

"Oh shoot, I forgot! I should buy it by now!" Sungjae cried, patting Kyungmi's shoulder. "I should go now, see you tomorrow!" 

And with that, Sungjae dashes off, leaving Zelo and Kyungmi. "That forgetful guy." Kyungmi sighs before facing Zelo. "So, bye?"

"Yeah, I'm going now." Zelo smiled. "See you."

With that, the blonde walks away, and Kyungmi walks back to her apartment. In her arms is the figurine Sungjae had bought her. Happily, the black haired lass skips away.

Home.

 

 

"Ah, tiring!" Kyungmi cried as she plopped down her bed. She stared at the ceiling for a few minutes before sitting up again, thinking and dazed. She carefully pulled out the figurine she just bought a while ago and scanned its carvings. It was actually cute and somewhat reflected something.

Her, Zelo and Sungjae. 

Three characters, and they are three friends. Quite a significance, right? Was it something like a fate or something? Can their friendship really work out?

Despite everything, despite the differences?

"Aish, I'm being paranoid, of course this'll work." she said to herself, scratching her scalp. "Aigoo, silly me." she giggled and fell down on her bed, tired.

"My body hurts." she whined to herself, slowly closing her eyes. She slowly reminisced every memory and moments she had with her two guy friends.

Never loosing hope that a friendship can always exist...