Daddy's Love

Dreams Have Consequences Too

"It's not your fault. It's not Da Yoon's fault." Jin Young reached over to Minjae and patted his back, reassuring him that everything is going to be okay. At least, he hoped it would. 

 

"I have to call Da Yoon's father." He slowly got up and walked to the phone with heavy steps. 

 

FLASHBACK/ POV: NO ONE

 

"I have decided for my family and I to move to the states." Lee Yoo Han (Da Yoon's father) said on the phone. 

 

He had made the decision for Da Yoon to leave the house. He knew that she was being . And most definitely, he knew by who. 

 

"He will eventually find her." Jin Young said. 

 

Lee Yoo Han and Park Jin Young have been best friends since elementary school. They're practically brothers. They have been doing their best to protect Da Yoon, but have failed and Korea didn't do a very good job at protecting victims. 

 

"We are going to America. I never imagined it would be because of a reason like this one." Yoo Han softly said. 

 

Silence filled the phone line.

 

"I will prepare everything for you, hyung." Jin Young finally spoke after processing what was going on. 

 

"This is very shamful for me to say, but I need to ask you for a favor." Yoo Han sighed.

 

"Anything hyung." Jin Young replied almost instantly. 

 

Another sigh left his hyung's mouth before he began to speak. 

 

"My daughter's dream is to become a singer. Ever since she was little, she would stand up on our kitchen table with her pink shades and glittery mic and sing. Those were the only times where I saw how really truly happy she was. Throughout the years, I've had the honor of listening to her beautiful voice. Of course, she doesn't know this. She would always find a vacant area and sing to herself. I think she was too embarassed. Singing is a big part of her life. She was probably afraid of others telling her she wasn't good enough. It would break her." Yoo Han took a deep breath, trying to push back the tears that were fighting to come out. He didn't want his dongsaeng to see how weak he was. He was the hyung after all. He should be strong. 

 

All Jin Young could do was stay silent and listen to his best friend. His heart broke seeing what Da Yoon is going through, but it hurt even more seeing his best friend not being able to protect his only child, his only daughter. 

 

"Hyung, everything will be okay. I will settle everything." Jin Young assured him. 

 

"G-Gomawo. M-Mianhae" He battle between Yoon Han's tears and him ended. He completely surrendered. He couldn't hold anything back any more. He didn't care if the whole world was watching him cry out loud. He didn't care anymore. 

 

FLASHBACK END

 

"Wait." Minjae called out to his hyung before he could dial his number. 

 

"Yes?" Jin Young stopped to listen to what the other had to say. 

 

"Let's just wait a bit more. We clearly don't have any evidence for anything. Telling her father won't put him at ease. We can't even ask Da Yoon to tell us the truth." Minjae was scared the older would be furious with hearing his words.

 

"And whose fault is that? What are you going to do to solve this?" It was obvious that Jin Young wanted to shout at Minaje for even thinking about waiting even more. Who knows what could happen next?

 

"I will go back to the SBS building and get a list of all the staff that was there." He firmly answered, though deep down he was terrified. 

 

"........Fine." He wanted so badly to say no. 

 

Maybe, this time will be different. 

 

DANCE ROOM

 

It was getting late as the members, Da Yoon, and Taemin finished up. After the whole argument they had earlier, the only sound coming from the room were their footsteps and the music they were practicing to. 

 

Taecyeon decided to break the silence and talk to Da Yoon. 

 

"Hey." He smiled showing his great teeth. 

 

"Hey." The girl in front of him smiled back. 

 

"So, I was thinking...... since we all have a day off tomorrow, how about going to the amusement park with me?" He shyly asked hoping to get a yes.  

 

"Really?" Da Yoon's eyes widened as her smile grew. Her expression assured Taec that it was a definite yes. 

 

"Yup! How about 12ish?" He was beyong happy. He couldn't control the butterflies that were having a party in his stomach. 

 

"Sounds good! Oppa, I'm so excited! I've haven't been on a roller coaster since I was seven!" Da Yoon wanted to jump for joy, but didn't want the rest of the members to think she was crazy. 

 

"Really?! How can you not?! The amusment park is the greatest place to go, especially as a kid." Taecyeon couldn't believe what he heard. But he was also happy that she would be spending the day with him. 

 

I deserve a pat on the back. 

 

"Well... I was going through a lot to even think about these kind of things." Da Yoon did her best to avoid the question. Luckily, Taecyeon didn't catch on. He didn't know what she was going through, and there was no way in hell she would want him to know. She wanted to feel like a normal teenager who was working hard to achieve her dreams. 

 

"It's okay. I feel happy you will be experienceing it with me though. And don't worry. I'm not afraid of roller coasters. So, whatever you wanna do, I'm all for it." Taecyeon thought a little lie wouldn't hurt. He was actually afriad of roller coasters. He hoped that Da Yoon would say she was scared of them, but his plan backfired. Like always. 

 

"I'll take that as a challenge!" She smirked. 

 

Uh-Oh. Me and my big mouth. I can never shut up! 

 

The only answer he could give her was a weak chuckle. 

 

"Ahhh!! I can't wait for tomorrow!" Da Yoon couldn't control her happiness. She wished 'tomorrow' would come sooner. Taec saw her super cute side. 

 

I should have thought about this earlier. Better now than never, right?

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

 

SCHOOL IS FINALLY OVER, SO NOW I CAN UPDATE MORE. LOL

I FEEL SO BAD FOR NOT UPDATING SO OFTEN. MIANHAE *BOWS*

 

THINGS WILL START GETTING MORE INTENSE. JUST WAIT. I'M TRYING TO FIND THE RIGHT TIMING. 

ANNYEONG LOVELY PEOPLE! 

IF YOU'RE STILL IN SCHOOL, GOOD LUCK ON YOUR FINALS! FIGHTING! :D