Graduation

Dreams Have Consequences Too

 “Sooo....ummmm.... I have a question.” I ask shyly.

 

Will I still be able to become a trainee for JYP?” I ask.

 

Jin Young sunbaenim stopped eating and put now his fork and knife. He slowly looked at you with a worried face.

 

Day Yoon, listen. Since your only 17 years old, it's going to be hard trying to get you in. Why did they kick you out if you don't mind me asking. He asks.

 

No, it's okay. Well..... They wanted me to just finish school and get a job. I didn't want that. I really didn't believe that my parents.......anyone's parents would ever want that for their child. For them to choose their future and believe it will be for the best. So, I did what I had to do. I started taking voice and dance lessons while going to school. They found out and kicked me out. And that's basically it. I say confidently.

 

Wow, that is just.....” He says trying to find the right worlds to say.

 

I know. You don't have to say it.” I say to him.

 

Well, do you have any other family members that I can talk to? He asks.

 

Do I? To be honest, I don't know if I have any family left after the whole drama with my family. *LIGHT BULB FLASHES* I KNOW WHO!!!

 

I have my grandma. She has been there for me even after my parents kicked me out. Even though I HIGHLY doubt that she will agree to it, we can give it a shot?” I say.

 

Good! Invite her over! I can talk to her since I'm already here!” He says happily.

 

 

AN HOUR LATER

 

POV: YOU

 

I can't let my granddaughter have this kind of life. I'm sorry.” My grandma says.


“You don't see how talented she is. I saw her on stage today performing in front of hundreds of people. Her classmates, her teachers, her friends, they all loved her. I really believe she will go far. Of course, she will have to work hard, but she can and she will make it!” Jin Young says confidently.

 

Nana (grandma), I don't think I ever wanted anything like this in my whole life. Today, I realized that standing on stage is my dream. It's my life. I don't think I can ever give this up. I didn't think that becoming an idol would be what I want to be. I always thought I would be doing something else....anything else. But, this is different. I've never been so happy in my life. Please....please support me. Be there for me when no one else was there for me.” I say as I look at her with watery eyes.

 

Is this what you really want? I thought you wanted to be a doctor?” She says as she sighs.

 

Nana, that wasn't MY dream. That was someone else's. I can still help others and live the life I want. Maybe being a celebrity would be easier for me to help people out! I can still change people's lives. You have to believe me.” I say.

 

Maybe being a idol isn't my “calling” or whatever. But, what I know now is that I really want to do this. I'm not even sure if I want to do this. But, life is a gamble isn't it? You take a chance and hope for the best.

 

She sat there staring into my eyes as I did with hers.

 

If this really means that much to you, I can't stop you from it. What's life if you're not happy right?” She says as she smiles.

 

"YES!!! OMG!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH NANA! I PROMISE I WON'T LET YOU DOWN! I WILL MAKE YOU PROUD OF ME!” I say screaming, jumping up and down.

 

I look over at JYP. He's smiling and nodding his head while looking at me! I couldn't help but give him a hug. I don't care if it's awkward. I'm the happiest girl in the world right now.

 

So! We leave tomorrow! Make sure to get a good night's sleep and pack everything you need, okay?” He says as he begins to stand up.

 

WAIT! I can't leave tomorrow!” I yell out.

 

Why? Do you have anything tomorrow?” He asks confused.

 

Yeah, my graduation ceremony. I can't miss it! And I have a speech to give. All my teachers are counting on me being there and giving that speech.” I say.

 

Okay, no problem. We can leave after your ceremony then?” He asks.

 

Yes, sounds good boss!” I say as I salute him.

 

Good then, text me the graduation venue.” He says as he chuckles.

 

Yes, sir!” I say.

THE NEXT EVENING.

 

And now, we have one of our graduates who will be giving us our last speech before we all bid farewell.” Da Yoon's principal says.

 

The audience as well as Day Yoon's classmates clap as she walks up to the podium.

 

Good evening. We are all gathered here today to celebrate not only a child's dream, but also a parent's. We all know how badly you want us to leave the house.” I say jokingly.

 

The audience chuckles, then begins to quiet down as she continued her speech.

 

END OF SPEECH

 

So, for everyone here today. Fight for what you want in life. Things don't come easily. It doesn't matter if you want to be a doctor, an artist, or even a bird. For all anyone knows, you can make it. Don't let anyone EVER bring you down. Life is a challenge with many obstacles. Even if you don't make over one the first time, that doesn't mean you should give up. Get back up and show everyone around you how strong you are. Life is too short to let everything pass by.” She says confidently as tears start to fall down her face.

 

So for the class of 2012! CONGRADULATIONS!!!! WE'VE MADE IT!! She yells happily.

 

The senior class stand up as they throw their caps up in the air while the audience fills the room with claps and whistles. Some cries here and there while others scream the name of their child.

 

Park Jin Young leaves the venue a bit early and makes a call.

 

Are you here yet? They all starting to leave.” He asks

 

Yeah, were pulling up by the front now.” The voice on the other line says.

 

Good! See you then. This will be quite the surprise for her.” He says then hangs up the phone.

 

As Da Yoon and her grandma starts to leave the building, she sees Jin Young waiting for her.

 

You waited out here this whole time?” She asks.

 

Oh no! I got out before it started to pack up.” He chuckles.

 

Oh okay!” I say.

 

AFTER A FEW SECONDS OF SILENCE

 

POV: YOU

 

Ah! I have a graduation present for you!” Jin Young says excitedly.

 

Really? You didn't have to!” I say shyly.

 

No, believe me. Your going to love it.” He says.

 

Hmmmm... what could it be? Do I need to expect anything?

 

Come on out, boys.” Jin Young says he knocks on the window of the limo in front us.

 

The door starts to open. Before I know it, my mouth was wide open staring at the two beastly idols. Nichkhun and Taecyeon. My biases.

 

Annyeong Da Yoon!” They both say at the same time giving off their warming smiles. 

 

Author's Note:

Hey everyone! Sorry for not updating for the past couple of days. I was busy with birthday parties and all that haha! 

But I'll do my best to update more. I'll probably have the next chapter up by tomorrow. 

I start my summer classes tomorrow! I can do this! Only seven weeks! I don't even know why I took that class. I guess I just want to be done with college as soon as possible lol! 

Yes! I'm old! But not that old! It will be my second year in August! 

Wait! Does that mean I'm your "nuna" and "unnie" lol! xD! 

 

Anyways! Take care everyone! Stay safe! ♥