Promise?

Dreams Have Consequences Too

From far away, Minjae was watching the two.

 

She really thinks she's safe around here. Doesn't she....pft. As long as the truth isn't out, danger is all she will be in.

 

POV: CHANSUNG

 

Come on, let's go.” I say in a stern voice as I walk away signaling her to follow me to somewhere quiet.

 

After walking for a few minutes, we find ourselves at the park where I found her alone the other night. We sit on the bench getting a short distance away from each other. I wanted to give her some time to collect her thoughts, but the suspense was killing me. Someone is hurting her. I can't just stand here and watch her cry and go through the pain alone....

 

Talk.” I say looking forward watching little kids trying to catch butterflies with their hands.

 

I can't.” She answers looking down on her fingers. I could tell her hands were trembling.

 

Why? What is so secret that you can't tell me? Huh? What's what is bringing you so much pain that you can't move on from your life? What's.....” I was about to go crazy. I hadn't even realized I was going off at her until she cut me off.

 

I was .” She whispers that only the two of us can hear.

 

What?” I ask even though I know what she said. I just couldn't believe it. It was something new to me and I just didn't know how to respond. 

 

DO I REALLY HAVE TO REPEAT IT AGAIN FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND?! DO YOU HAVE ANY HEARING PROBLEMS I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT?!” She suddenly stood up and began to yell straight at me.

 

I just continue to look forward.

 

I trying to fight the tears that wanted to crash so badly on my cheeks.

 

WHAT? NO ANSWER? NOW YOU'RE GOING TO LOOK AT ME DIFFERENTLY? YOU'RE GOING TO TREAT ME LIKE A PATIENT? THANKS, BUT NO THANKS. I DON'T NEED YOUR SELF PITY. I CAN HANDLE MYSELF ALL ON MY OWN. I'VE BEEN DOING IT ALL MY LIFE. YOU WANTED TO KNOW WHAT I WAS HIDING FROM YOU THIS WHOLE TIME? YOU REALLY WANTED TO KNOW DIDN'T YOU? WELL, THERE YOU HAVE IT. I WAS......” She suddenly stops talking and freezes in place.

 

I know she was going to repeat those three words. I couldn't have her screaming it out loud. I knew if she did something like this that she would regret it for the rest of her life. So before she could even spit those filthy words out of , I jump out of my seat and hold her with my arms around her waist and my chin leaning on her shoulder.

 

I didn't know what got into me. One minute I'm sitting hearing her yell at me, the next I'm hugging her. I don't even know what I was feeling. Like I said, this is all new to me. All these “new things” happening to me in one day, within a minute apart is really over whelming.

 

But at that moment, I knew it was the right thing to do.

 

W-What are you doing?” Da Yoon finally says after coming back to reality. I could feel her heartbeat and I know she could feel mine.

 

Just wait.” I didn't want her to know I was on the verge of tears. Even though I was the one comforting her, it felt like the total opposite. I felt her pain.

 

I won't treat you differently. You're the same Da Yoon as the one that walked into JYP. You will never change in my eyes. I won't pity you, you got that?” I try to control my tears and pull away from the hug to look into her eyes.

 

But, you have to promise me one thing.” My hands slide up to her cheeks wiping away her tears.

 

She nods.

 

Whenever you feel lonely, whenever you feel sad, whenever you're happy or just want to burst out into tears, don't do it alone. I want to be there with you with every emotion you feel. Got it?” I calmly say to her while give her a sweet smile.

 

She nods again. This time returning the smile.

 

Promise?” I bring out my pinky finger.

 

“Promise.” She intertwines her pinky finger with mine and we seal our promise. 

 

Author's Note:

My long awaited chapter!!! 

The next chapter will be more about Da Yoon's past since there was too much love here. I couldn't just bring down the mood, now could I?

Love you guys! Hope you enjoyed the chapter! 

 

XOXO