Partner

Dreams Have Consequences Too

POV: NICHKHUN

 

It's been a few days since I've last spoken to Da Yoon. I feel really bad about what I had said to her. I'm just not the type to will listen to other people. And now look where it has gotten me. Nowhere. The hardest part is that I think she's been trying to avoid me. We have dance together again today, but I'm not sure what to do.......I'm stuck.

 

DANCE PRACTICE

 

We were all waiting for Taemin to start. At that point, Da Yoon walks in with Chansung. He had his arm wrapped around her shoulder. I just wanted to take that arm and break it so he can never do that again.....what? Snap out of it Nichkhun. What are you talking about? This is your maknae you're talking about. Break his arm? Have you gone crazy!

 

Once I get act to reality (finally), my eyes glance over at Wooyoung. He seems to be eying them the same way as me. Maybe he can break the other arm? SNAP. OUT. OF. IT!!!!!!! Wooyoung's stare was a bit....weird. It looked like the death look. I myself was so creeped out that it gave me the goosebumps.

 

Hey guys. Look who I found.” Chansung announced happily.

 

MY DONGSAENG!!!! I HAVE MISSED YOU!!!!” Like always, Wooyoung runs to Da Yoon. Sometimes, I confuse him for a dog. I mean come on, look at him!

 

O-Oppa! I...........I can't..............breathe.” Da Yoon tries to say as she's being hugged to death.
 

Okay, okay. Let her go Wooyoung. Let's get started!” Taemin says as he walks into the room.

 

Awe, come on! You never let us have any fun!” Wooyoung pouts.

 

How perfect is your dance?” Taemin says as one eyebrow is up with his arms crossed.

 

90%!” Wooyoung answers confidently.

 

And this is why you're the worst dancer in the group. I've seen ahjummas dance better than you!”

 

HYUNG!!!” Wooyoung is starting to get mad.

 

Okay, everyone in your places. Da Yoon, I'm thinking to add you to the dance. How about that?” Taemin asks all smiley.

 

Until their dancer comes? Sure! This should be fun!” Da Yoon was all cute and excited. I couldn't help but smile.

 

No silly! I want YOU as the dancer! For their comeback! I think you would be perfect!” Taemin corrected her.

 

EH! I-I can't! I'm not ready for this yet! You can't expect me to go like this!” Da Yoon is all scared now. Gosh, why can't I stop smiling.

 

Oh come on! I think you'll be great! And it's not like the performance is next week! We still have about 3 months! Pretty please!!” Taemin gives her a puppy dog face. I'm suddenly not smiling anymore.


“O-Okay.....” She stands up and stands with the rest of us.

 

Okay, since this is a partner dance, I'm thinking about pairing you up with......” Taemin starts to think.

 

Please not me. Please not me. Please not......

 

Nichkhun!” Taemin says!

 

WHAT?! I mean.......sure.” My mind is just about ready to blow up any minute.

 

I can tell she wasn't comfortable with me as her partner. But it's not like I asked Taemin to pair me up with her. This was HIS idea! I have nothing to do with all this! Thinking about it....I don't even understand why we even need partners. It has nothing to do with our song.

 

Are you guys okay with that?” Taemin says while eying me. WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME?!

 

Yes songsaengnim. Thank you for this opportunity. I will do my best to not let you down.” Da Yoon says respectfully.

 

Oh! You're so cute!!!! I just want to keep you in my pocket all day!!!” Taemin says as he messes up her hair. Stop doing that! It's not like she's a dog or anything! Go do that to Wooyoung! Aishh!!

 

Yah!!! Hyung! Hurry up so we can get started!” Junho says. FINALLY someone speaks up! He just saved me from barfing all over the floor.

 

Okay everyone in your places! Da Yoon, you can watch the first time to get the feel of things, alright?” Taemin says all smiley. Agh.

 

MUSIC START*

 

We were so excited for our comeback! It meant everything to us. First we started off with “Go Back”, then “Game Over”, and last but not least, “A.D.T.O.Y”. Don't know what was going on with me, but I felt myself staring at Da Yoon basically the whole time. Her eyes were so big watching us up front. I think at some point she cried, but that's probably just me getting carried away.

 

 

POV: TAECYEON

 

We were finally finished. All of us were panting out of control. Sweat running down our faces, legs barely keeping us up. But it was all worth it in the end. Da Yoon gave a loud, somewhat scary standing ovation. It was cute.

 

WAHHH!!! THAT WAS AMAZING!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!” Finally, we see her fangirl side. She hasn't shown it ONCE to us. It must have been hard to keep it all in.

 

As if this moment cannot be ruined, I was wrong. Wooyoung's mouth began to open.

 

Yah, who did you love the best?!” He asked. Why is that a good question? Why do I wanna know? I'm not jealous or anything......pft.

 

Chansung oppa!” She giggles! WHAT! WHAT DO YOU MEAN “CHANSUNG OPPA”! WHAT ABOUT ME!

 

Really? I thought you would choose Nichkhun! He IS loved by......” Taemin teases/

 

EVERYONE!!!” Wooyoung finishes irritated!

 

I loved the whole performance! It was great! But...... Da Yoon says.

 

You don't see how you fit in?” Taemin finishes her sentence.

 

I mean...yeah. What do you need me for?” She asks.

 

Well, in a way, it's a test. It's for the company to see how well you are doing and how you have improved. So you're with us.” I answer her.

 

To be honest, I didn't think she would be put with us. I thought JYP would put her with Miss A or something. Does she have that hip hop feel?

 

Okay, let's start. Wooyoung, you're going to be personally training Da Yoon while the others practice. You will also practice with us, so don't fool around.” Taemin says sternly.

 

Yes, sir!” Wooyoung answers.

 

Okay everyone. It's getting late. You should go home. Tomorrow, 8AM. You too Da Yoon. You will start with us tomorrow, so be ready.” Taemin's voice changes again.

 

I swear, this kid. He thinks he's so slick with the ladies. I can get a girl too, ya know! I'm an idol! You're only a choreographer!

 

Without me knowing, I guess I was giving him the death look.

 

Taecyeon...you have a problem?” Taemin's face is right in front of mine....too close if you ask me. Does this guy not know what PERSONAL SPACE is?

 

Huh? Oh. Nope!” I say happily causing him to get annoyed.

 

Good! Be ready tomorrow then. Neh?” Taemin says.

 

Yup! Annyeong hyung!” I say with agyeo. He just hates that.

 

FINALLY TIME TO REST!!!!

 

I'm not to happy with Da Yoon's partner though. Why couldn't it be me!

 

Whatever.

 

At least it wasn't with Nichkhun. I guess.  

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

Sorry! I'm trying my best to update chapters! I've had a bunch of exams and homework and work. 

Aishh.....why is college so stressful! 

 

I hope you still love me and continue to read. I hopefully will have another chapter this week so watch out for one! 

 

How is the story coming along! Boy, are you guys in for a surprise!! ;)