Dance

Dreams Have Consequences Too

POV: YOU

 

I couldn't believe what I just saw. I just saw my dance instructor dancing practically . Well, that's one way to give a first impression. He must think I'm a ert now.

 

*Music stops*

 

Wait. Why did the music stop? Why do I hear footsteps? No no no no no! Please please PLEASE DO NOT NOTICE ME! This would be one of this great times where I wish I was invisible. Okay, it's okay. Just act normal. Normal. Wait. What's normal?

 

Da Yoon-ssi?” Is he talking to me?

 

Da Yoon-ssi?” Wait, that's my name. Oh.........crap.

 

I take a deep breathe and turn around looking at Taemin like I saw nothing. It would have been great if my face didn't look like a ripe tomato and that my eyes were insanely wide.

 

HI! HOW ARE YOU? I DIDN'T SEE YOU SHIRTLESS AT ALL!” Uh oh. 

 

Is this what you call normal?!

 

Uhh..two questions?” He asks me with a confused look like how I am in math class.

 

YES? SURE ANYTHING? WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU?” I ask.

 

One, why are you yelling? And two, are you okay?” He sends a confused smile to me.

 

Stop smiling stop smiling STOP SMILING

 

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I'M NOT Y.....oh. Sorry.” Embarrassed myself even more. Great job. Just......great.

 

It's okay. How about we get to practicing? I heard you're not a bad dancer?” He says so sweetly.

 

Neh. I'm a bad dancer though.” My head is down as we walk into the practice room together.

 

Oh really? Hyung said he saw you dancing back in the states. That's why he brought you here. He thinks you have potential.” Taemin says as he looks for a song to use for the dance.

 

Oh that. Well, it too me forever to learn. That's the only dance I know.” I answer.

 

Well, this is what I'm here for. You'll be great in no time. Don't you worry about a thing!” He ruffles my hair.

 

 

Thank you. I will do my best and work extra hard!” I say confidently.

 

So, what are we waiting for! Let's start!” He presses play on the stereo.

 

The song was non other than SHINee's “Replay”. Of course he would teach me his dance. The dance didn't seem too hard, but when it came time to learn it, I was a total wreck. I couldn't move my body the way I was supposed to, I missed the beats, and I kept stepping on his foot. It was just utter ciaos. I could tell Taemin was getting a bit aggravated but tried not to show it. All he would do is smile and say “It's okay. We can do it again. Don't lose hope”. It really touched me because I know I was giving him a hard time, but he didn't give up on me. When we decided to take a break, I went and sat in the corner of the room. I took a look at my phone. It was 10pm already. I've been here all day and I haven't even noticed.

 

You ready to go again?” Taemin asks as he stands over me smiling.

 

I hope so.” I say as I stand up. I was not confident at all.

 

Let's try this a few more times and then you can go home. Neh?” He says.

 

Sure.” I answer.

 

I close my eyes, take a deep breathe. Breathe in, breathe out. That's right. You can do this. Show him what you got.

 

I open my eyes and smile brightly (since it IS a happy song) once the music starts. My head is in the music. I'm not worried about messing up again, I'm not worried about stepping on Taemin's feet, and I'm not worrying about missing my moves. All I thought about was doing this for him.....well AND me. But I really wanted to make him proud of me. I have to work three times harder than everyone else in dancing and singing, three times harder in learning the language and three times harder than everyone else just to get fit. This isn't going to be an easy ride to stardom.

 

The song ends and I just fall to the floor siting with my legs spread out with my arms helping me balance. I can't help but keep panting. Once I seem to be able to catch my breath, I look up at Taemin. Don't know why, but he was smiling at me. It kinda creeped me out, but I didn't say anything. All I wanted to know was how I did.

 

So? How was I?” I ask while wiping the sweat off my face with a towel.

 

If you wanted a break, you could've asked me a long time ago. Who knew a break would change how you dance.” He says.

 

Huh? What are you talking about?” I give out a confused chuckle.

 

 

You did a lot better than before! You let the music and the steps just flow right through you. That's what I was hoping you would realize. It's not about getting the steps in record time, Da Yoon.” He says as he sits across from me.

 

Really? Hmmm....interesting.” I nodd.

 

What?” He asks.


“I didn't know I had it in me. I thought that that performance back in the U.S was something that can only happen one in a million. I never thought that I would be doing anything close to this. I feels good..” I chuckle a bit.

 

Well, what's great about humans is that we are capable of more than we think.” He says.

 

Yeah. I just hope to be someone that will help people, you know? I want the world to be a better place even I know for sure that it won't happen; especially not by myself.” I lay down on my back staring the the ceiling.

 

' A tiny change today brings a dramatically different tomorrow”'. His voice becoming softer with each word coming out of this mouth.

 

Wow, your an idol and a poet.” I couldn't help but smile.

 

Nope. It's a quote from Richard Bach.” He says.

 

We just laid on the floor in silence. After 10 hours of nonstop dancing with the music blasting, it was nice just sitting quietly. Though non of us were talking, it was nice to be each others company.

 

You should get home. I don't want your dads worrying.” Taemin chuckles as he stands up.

 

Oh yeah. I forgot to call them. If I don't come tomorrow, send back up. I'll be at the dorm locked in my room.” I joke.

 

Don't worry. We'll have practice at your dorm then.” He smiles widely.

 

Good luck trying to kick them out.” I giggle.

 

We'll see. So, practice tomorrow same time, arrasseo?” He asks.

 

Neh! Same time!” I answer happily.

 

Good! See you tomorrow!” He waves bye as I start to walk out of the dorm.

 

 

Oh! And by the way...” I stop and look back.

 

Yes?” He looks at me.

 

Thank you for not giving up on me. It must have been hard on you.” I give a smile.
 

No, not at all. I'm worried I'm a bad teacher. It's not you at all.” He says.

 

You're not a bad teacher. You're great!” I answer.

 

Well...thanks! It really means a lot.” He smiles warmly.

 

You're welcome. Taemin-ssi, fighting!” I say happily.

 

Fighting!” He gives out a cute laugh.

 

 

 

Author's Note:

UPDATE! FINALLY WRITER! I know! I know how you feel! 

But I'm going to be updating another chapter. I'm writing it right now! (I think that's what I said last time. ITS TRUE THIS TIME)

 

School is going to start in 10 days so I'm getting everything ready while trying to spend time with family and friends and keep work together at the same time. 

I don't know how I'm handling this all since I'm the laziest person in the whole wide world! 

I love you guys! Thank you for sticking by me! 

And thank you to the new subscribers! You're awesome! 

I will do my best to give you a good story for you to enjoy! 

 

FIGHTING! :D

 

P.S

If you notice, my chapter pictures/gifs will sometimes have nothing to do with the story. Lol! 

As you can see Taemin is very proud of you because you got the dance perfect! Good job! :D