Rubbing In The Wrong Way

Dreams Have Consequences Too

POV: TAECYEON

 

I was on my way to the dance room when Nichkhun called me. Minjae is staying over at our place since his pipes broke. They invited me over to dinner, so I couldn't resist since I'm not the one paying. I should invite Da Yoon.

 

I take my phone out and dial her number.

 

Hello?” She says with that sweet voice.

 

Ay, waddup Da Yoon!” I say trying to act as cool as possible.

 

What's wrong with you?” She asks laughing at me.

 

What? This is how I talk!” I say.

 

OOOkkkkaayyyy. Whatever you say. Anyways, is something wrong?” She asks wondering.

 

“The guys and Minjae are going out to dinner and they invited us. Where are you so I can pick you up?” I ask excitedly.

 

I'm looking around in the studio right now. But, is Minjae there?” She asks. She sounds a bit worried.

 

Yeah, he's buying us dinner! Why, what's wrong?” I say happily.

 

N-Nothing. But I can't make it. I h-have to go b-b-back and rest for tomorr-tomorrow.” She answers stuttering.

 

I take a good look at the time.

 

It's 7:30.” I say.

 

Oh my gosh! Really?! I-I-I...” She says stuttering again.

 

If your worried about what happened at the gym, don't be. I know Minjae used to be A LOT harder on us than ever! We all were taken to the hospital at least once. I know it's wrong, but that's his way of making us better and motivating us. And if makes you feel any better, I'll always be at your side.” I tell her in the warmest way possible.

 

No answer.

 

So, you'll come?” I ask.

 

Sure...why not.” She answers sighing.

 

REALLY?! YES! OKAY I'LL COME GET YOU RIGHT NOW. I'M BY THE DANCE ROOM, SO WAIT RIGHT THERE! DON'T MOVE!” I yell running to her.

 

Okay okay! Just don't fall!” She laughs.

 

As we hung up the phone, the big smile crept into my face. I couldn't stop smiling. My jaw felt like it was about to fall off, but I didn't care. I think I really like her.

 

Stop! Get a hold of yourself! She might not even like you like that! Act normal you idiot! Don't ruin your relationship until you're sure she likes you!

 

With all these thoughts running though my head, I trip and fall. Unfortunately with luck, I fall right in front of her. Smooth move, .

 

What did I tell you? I knew you would fall!” She tells me laughing so loudly that the whole building can probably hear her.

 

I didn't want you to wait long.” I say shyly, putting my arm around my neck.

 

Anyways, let's go! They're waiting for us!” I say as I reach out my hand so she can hold it.

 

I couldn't tell if she ignored it on purpose or she really didn't see it, but she walked away really REALLY fast. I just stared at her while we walked away. When she sensed I wasn't going after her, she turned around. I swear it was like watching a model turn around in slow motion. Her hair was long, so as she turned, her hair followed. Her eyes were big and beautiful that if anyone were to look at them, they would be lost. I know it's really cheesy, but who cares. It's the truth.

 

Are you coming?” She asks.

 

Huh? Oh. Yeah!” I say trying to snap myself out of my daydream.

 

I run to her and we both walk out of the building together.

 

 

POV: YOU

 

I know. I was rude. But, he shouldn't have done that. He shouldn't have expected me to hold his hand. Even though I did the best I could to act like I didn't see it, I felt guilty. I can't do this anymore. Every day, it's getting harder and harder to try to avoid them this way. I don't want them to think I don't like them or anything, because it's definitely NOT it. I just can't get over what happened. As much as it probably makes me a bad person, I have to do this on my own. I may be ready tomorrow or the day after, or never. I can't just let it go like another episode on T.V. Take a deep breath Da Yoon. Deep breath. Good.

 

Are you coming along?” I ask him as I turn around.

 

Huh? Oh. Yeah!” He says trying to snap himself out of his daydream.

 

We both walk out of the building together.

 

 

AT DINNER

 

When we got to the restaurant, I quickly spotted the members and Minjae there chatting with each other. Taec and I walked to their table. Thankfully, there was two seats next to each other. One was next to Minjae and the other next to Junho. As they were chatting, Chansung saw us and quickly jumped for joy.

 

You guys are here! Finally! Can we eat now!?” He begs.

 

Hey, I thought you were happy to see us!” I say acting hurt.

 

I am! But I'm really really REALLY hungry! And you know me when it comes to food!” Chansung says as he shrugs his shoulders smiling.

 

Of course I know. Who could forget.” Wooyoung sas. The others start to giggle.

 

Chansungie, you should stop talking before you get owned by Wooyoung!” Jun. K says as he laughs. Chansung just goes back to his seat and pouts while crossing his arms.

 

Anyways guys! Have a seat!” Junho says and he points to the empty seats.

 

Taecyeon walks ahead of me. I prayed and wished that he would be the one to take the seat next to Minjae, but I spoke too soon. He sat right next to Junho. I looked at the seat next to Minjae for a second before I forced by body to go and sit next to him.

 

Annyeong, Da Yoon! It's been a while!” Minjae says.

 

Neh, annyeonghaseyo Minjae-ssi.” I do my best to smile.

 

Look, Da Yoon. I'm really sorry about what happened at the gym. I know I was really hard on you. I just want to sincerely apologize. Will you accept my apology?” He says with a sad smile.

 

 

Neh...I forgive you Minjae-ssi. I know you only wanted to make me stronger.” I say trying to smile a bit more.

 

Thank you, Da Yoon. I will do my best to make you happy.” Minjae says smiling.

 

For some reason, I didn't find his smile genuine. It was more fake than anything. It only made me more uncomfortable for what would happen in the future.

 

So hyung, how long are you staying for?” Woooung asks Minjae.

 

Just until everything is fixed. I don't want it to happen again, so I will make sure they do a good job.” Minjae answers.

 

Hm? Where are you staying?” I ask. Apparently, I'm the only one who doesn't know.

 

Hyung is staying over at our place until he gets his pipes fixed. It was a really bad flood.” Junho answers.

 

He-He's st-staying over our p-place?” I ask. STOP STUTERRING LIKE AN IDIOT!

 

Yeah, it would be easier for him to work instead of going all the way to Daegu every night. And this way, we can all be closer like one big family family.” Chansung says as there is the biggest smile on his face.

 

O-Oh.” That was all that could come out of my mouth.

 

Why? You don't want me to stay?” Minjae asks as he puts his hand on my thigh and “innocently” rubs it.

 

I scream. And when I say scream, I mean really scream. Everyone in the restaurant let out a gasp. Even some waiters dropped the glasses from the tray on the floor. The members were looking at me worriedly. When I finally stop, I open my eyes and see everyone starring at me.

 

"I'm sorry. I-I'm j-just going to excuse myself.” I get up and run as fast as I could out the door. Crying.

 

So many thoughts were running through my mind, but I just kept running and running until my legs gave up on their own. I didn't know where I was. I just knew that I wanted to be alone. Forever.

 

 

I guess I'm not as ready as I thought I would be. 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

YAY!!! I FINALLY UPDATED!!!! 

I know I know! You're probably really mad at me and I'm oh so very sorry! 

Just a lot of things going on in my life right now haha! 

I celebrated my birthday and I finally got a job! YEAHH!!! GET MONEY!!!!!!! 

So mainly because since I'm starting off I guess, I have to work in the evenings. And then I have school in the morning/afternoon. 

BUT FEAR NOT! I am trying my best!!! 

I'll for sure start the next chapter like right now! (meaning when I finish this note......or in a million years. You never know ;) )

 

To be honest, you guys make me really happy. And I'm saying this from the bottom of my heart. I get really happy reading your comments and it just makes my day! 

If you guys EVER need anything, I'll always be here for you! 

Until then, ANNYEONG! ♥