Happiness Doesn't Last

Dreams Have Consequences Too

POV: NO ONE

 

It was 7am and it was time for Da Yoon to be picked up from the hotel.

 

Good morning! Have a wonderful day ma'am!” The doorman said. He had a beautiful smile that could brighten just about anyone's day.

 

Well....not everyone.

 

Good morning. Thank you sir.” Da Yoon tried putting on a fake smile. She tried her best to hide her feelings even though it was a big fail on her part. Even the doorman could tell that something is wrong with her.

 

As she walked out the hotel, she could see Minjae waiting to pick her up for training. Without saying a word to each other, they both got into the car and drove away.

 

The air was getting too awkward, so Minjae started the conversation.

 

Did you sleep well last night? It's been really hard on you, hasn't it? He asked as he glanced over at her now and then through the windshield mirror.

 

No answer.

 

I just want to let you know that if you ever need anything, I'll be here for you. Even though I don't like you......well used to. I'm trying to understand you better.” He says as his eyes stay glued to the road.

 

AT JYP

 

Da Yoon, can I talk to you for a second?” Chansung asks Da Yoon as they cross paths.

 

Yeah. Is something wrong?” She asks back.

 

I don't know, is there? You've been pretty off this past couple of days. Is there anything you want to tell me?” Chansung gives a reassuring expression. He wasn't forcing her to tell him anything, nor was he expecting an answer.

 

Oppa.......” Da Yoon gets interrupted.

 

Da Yoon!!!! I'm so happy to see you! I've missed you so much!” Wooyoung hugs her until he can't breathe any longer.

 

Hey, you're going to kill her. Then you'll REALLY never see her again! Leave her alone!” Chansung scolds Wooyoung.

Ahh...It's okay. I was just about to get going anyways.” Da Yoon says shyly.

 

Weren't you going to talk to me about something?” Chansung asks worried.


“What? What did you want to say? Am I missing anything?” Wooyoung (of course) butts in.

 

Aniyo. I forgot what I wanted to say. Sorry.” Da Yoon replies.

 

Oh.. okay. Well if you need me, I'm just about....” Chansung gets interrupted.

 

EVERYWHERE! You can never get away from this guy even if you wanted to!” Wooyoung points at Chansung with his thumb and his arm around his shoulder.

 

Yah! Go away! No one asked you to be here!” Chansung's patience is starting to run out.

 

Okay okay! All you had to say was please!” Finally, he disappears.

 

You sure you don't want to talk?” He asks softly again.

 

Yeah, I'll be okay. Go practice. I'm waiting for your comeback.” Da Yoon again puts on a fake smile.

 

I will make you proud. Just you wait.” He says, though he could obviously tell she wasn't fine.

 

Annyeong, oppa...” Da Yoon waves goodbye and walks to the vocal room.

 

 

VOCAL ROOM

 

Lee Yejin was preparing songs for Da Yoon to practice when she walked in.

 

Welcome back! It's good to FINALLY see you again. I hope I didn't scare you the last time.” She chuckles to herself.

 

Aniyo. Sorry for skipping practice. I will work extra hard to make up for those days and do more.” Da Yoon says with sorry eyes.

 

And you bet you will.” Yejin smiles.

 

Now, I've prepared a few songs for us to practice. Let's start with the first one.” Yejin takes out the music sheet and gives a copy to Da Yoon while taking a copy for herself.

 

The song was 2Bic's “Bye Bye Love”. Da Yoon sang the song the best she could. With her eyes closed for most of the time, she showed emotion. Not just sad. Yejin could feel it which made her eyes fill with tears. She was surprised Da Yoon had it in her. She thought it would take months or even years before Da Yoon got her emotions out because it wasn't something that can be easily done.

 

When the dong ended, Da Yoon opened her eyes and looked at Yejin. She saw the tears that were running down her cheeks and how swollen her eyes were.

 

Unnie....your eyes. Are you okay?” Da Yoon asked worriedly.

 

Oh? Ah! Neh! Don't worry about me. I just get emotional for no apparent reason. Drama queen, right?” Yejin trys to shake it off by chuckling.

 

How was I? Did I do anything wrong?” Da Yoon asked curiously.

 

You know, I thought you would know why I'm crying. It's all your fault.” Yejin smiles.

 

Huh?” Da Yoon asks.

 

Your voice is already beautiful, but the emotion and the passion you put into this song..... just amazes me. It's not easy to accomplish something like this, ya know. And your high notes have gotten a lot better even though they still need work.” Yejin says truthfully.

 

Jeongmallo?” Da Yoon is happy hearing Yejin's comment.

 

Yes, now tell me what happened?” Yejin asks slyly.

 

Huh? What are you talking about, unnie?” Da Yoon is confused again. She can never understand what Yejin really means.

 

Do you like someone? Do they like you? Did you break up with someone? Did they break up with you? Spill!” Yejin's eyes are wide open from excitement.

 

Unnie, I don't have anyone. Just because I sang that song well doesn't mean I have someone in my life!” Da Yoon lets out a soft chuckle. First one of the say.

 

Don't worry. I'll find out. I have connections.” Yejin responds cleverly.

 

You do that. Let me know if you find anything.” Da Yoon lets out a big smile this time.

 

I will! Now get out of here! You are officially done with me!” Yejin sees Da Yoon out.

 

Thank you for everything unnie! Annyeong!” Da Yoon waves goodbye and leaves the vocal room.

 

Da Yoon felt so much better when she walked out than when she walked into the vocal room. She was still smiling a bit as she was on her way to the dance room. She hears someone call out her name. A familiar voice. She turns around. It's Wooyoung.

 

Annyeong Da Yoon! How was practice? Yejin didn't go hard on you for skipping practice did she?” Wooyoung asked.

 

Aniyo, let's just say she was in tears.” Da Yoon smiled.

 

That's not fair! I'll need to have a talk with her!” He says pouting.

 

Anyways, I need to ask you something. But it's really really REALLY personal. You up for it?” Wooyoung asks carefully.

 

Yeah, you can ask me anything, Younggie.” Da Yoon replies waiting for Wooyoung's question.

 

Uhhh...Well.. How should I say this..... Do girls...” Wooyoung doesn't know what to say.

 

Do girls.....Do girls what?” Da Yoon says trying to help Wooyoung finish his sentence.

 

Do girls like it when guys kiss them.....on the neck?” He asks with his head down hiding his face.

 

Those words struck Da Yoon like lightening. The memories from a couple nights before were back in her head. Just when she almost forgot about them, they come rushing back. Her face starts to turn pale and her lips start to get dry.

 

Da Yoon? You okay?” Wooyoung asks.

 

Huh.....No! Girls hate it when guys do that! It's so disrespectful! Why would you even THINK about doing something like that!” Da Yoon starts yelling at Wooyoung.

 

So...sorry. I wasn't thinking straight...” Wooyoung is surprised by Da Yoon's sudden action.

 

Damn right you weren't thinking straight! Get out of my face! It's guys like you that ruins girl's lives! Gguh-jyuh!” (Get out in a rude way). Da Yoon stares Wooyoung down until he is gone.

 

Once there was no one in sight, Da Yoon drops down to the floor and tears run down her eyes and they don't plan on stopping anytime soon. A few minutes later, Chansung sees Da Yoon on the floor and runs to her.

 

Da Yoon, you've had enough time. Tell me what's going on!” Chansung is about to lose his patience.

 

Oppa.......” Da Yoon tries, but fails.

 

All Chansung can do at that moment is hug her.

 

From far away, Minjae is watching the two.

 

 

 

Author's Note:

You guys like this chapter? Well, there's A LOT more to come! 

How do you think is hurting Da Yoon? I would LOVE to hear your opinions! 

You never know what might happen in the future. 

 

 

Off Topic:

I WANTED TO GO TO KCON! WHAT IS LIFE!!!!! WAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! 

-End of topic-

 

 

XOXO ♥