It's Raining Men

Dreams Have Consequences Too

POV: YOU

 

Today is the day. My first day of training under JYP Entertainment! I don't even know what to expect. I mean, all this is still new to me. I would have never imagined me being a trainee under one of the top 3 entertainment companies in Korea. I just want to do a good job, that's all. Like I told Chansung, I shouldn't expect anything. And that's what I'm doing......or not doing.

 

I go into my closet to pick out some clothes. Empty. Again, I totally forgot that I needed to buy new clothes. I grab my things and head out the door as quietly as possible. I decide to go to the mall to buy at least a few outfits. As you can see, I procrastinate. A lot.

 

Once there, I go into some shops. I decide to just buy a few sweatpants and some shirts for now. Once I finish with training, I'll come back and buy some nice clothes.

 

As I was walking, I notice some girl looking at me. She looked familiar. It took me a second before I could see who it was. As we were walking towards each other, I see that its the same girl from the supermarket when I was with Taecyeon. I try avoiding her by walking another direction, but she just follows me.

 

Yah! Where are you going?” She shouts but doesn't grab people's attention.

 

Ignore her. Ignore her. You have to go back without anyone noticing. Ignore her.

 

“YA!” She says. This time, it caught a few people's attention.

 

I tried running out of the mall only to realize I can't run as fast as I'd like to.

 

Yah! Are you deaf! I was calling you! Do you not have any respect?!” She yells straight in my face.

 

I have nothing to say to you. So if you will excuse me, I have important places to go.” I say calmly and start walking away.

 

She stops me by grabbing onto my hand hard, which starts to hurt.

 

You know, you won't get away with this. So why don't you just go back to where you're from. No one wants you here. Oppa probably just feels sorry for you. Don't get in the way of his dreams.” She says evily smirking.

 

Are you finished?” I ask trying to keep a straight face while trying to squeeze out of her grip.

 

 

 

I see you bought some workout clothes. Psh. Please. Don't kid yourself. Who are you trying to fool? Me? Oppa? Or yourself. If you don't believe you can do it, don't expect anyone else to. You can never be pretty. Now matter how hard you work on yourself, you will always be just a bumpkin. Remember that.” And just like that, she walks away. Smirking.

 

I just wanted to burst into tears. But I couldn't let anyone see me like this. I shouldn't know better. Her words should have no effect on me whatsoever. Though it hurts, it keep my head up high and go back to the dorm.

 

BACK AT THE DORM:

POV: NICHKHUN

 

I'm the first one awake. Like always. These guys never learn their lesson. They should know better than to stay up all night. But whatever. I walk to Da Yoon's room and knock on the door lightly. No one answers. I'm guessing she might still be sleeping. Since today is her first day, I wanted to make her a good breakfast. I know that once I start cooking, that's when the members and Minjae will wake up, so I make enough for us all. As I'm cooking, I see the front door open. It was Da Yoon. She looked like she was sneaking back into the house. I decide to play along and act like I don't know anything. With the corner of my eye, I see her run upstairs. After a few minutes, she comes back down. She starts yawning and rubbing her eyes. That only made me smile. It was just so cute!

 

Good morning!” I turn around and say.

 

Good morning. What time did you wake up? It's 9 o'clock.” She says as she fake yawns.

 

Since 8:30. I knocked on your door, but I never got an answer.” I say sneakily.

 

Y-Y-eah. I was sleeping. You know me. Always needing my beauty rest.” She says as she looks at anything BUT me.

 

Looks like you got all the sleep you need.” I chuckle.

 

Yeahhhhh....Sure.” She fake laughs.

 

At that time, the members and Minaje come out and start grabbing a seat at the table. The second they sat down, they folded their arms on the table with their heads rested and went back to sleep.

 

Yah! Am I your servant here?” I say.

 

Maknae, grab the plates. Younggie, you get the glasses. Junho, get the chopsticks.” I order them around. It's kind of fun doing that.

 

 

Didn't know you could be so bossy in the morning.....sheesh!” Wooyoung said scoffing.

 

Yah! Be quiet! You're giving me a headache!” Minjae yells at the boys.

 

ANYWAYS!!!! Moving on! Da Yoon! It's your first day of practice! How do you feel?” Jun K. asked excited.

 

Upon hearing this, Minjae's head who was resting on his arms began rising slowly to hear the conversation better. His eyes looked.......different. I don't know if I was just seeing things, but it looked like he was eyeing Da Yoon the entire time.

 

Ahhh...neh. I'm very excited. I wonder what will be in store for me today.” She answers with a sweet smile.


“Well, if you need anything, I'll be right here to support you!” Taecyeon says smiling with his head held high and his arms crossed.

 

Yah. And me!” Maknae yells.

 

Me too!” Nichkhun says.

 

Yeah, we'll ALL be here for you if you ever need anything. That's what family is here for?” Junho says sincerely.


“Like family?” Da Yoon asks.

 

Yeah, just like that blue furball said, “Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind.” Jun. K quotes.

 

Or forgotten.” Everyone else (but Minjae) says in unison.

 

Yeah, that too.” Jun K. says a bit embarrassed that he forgot the last part.

 

With that thought, the phone starts to ring. It was Da Yoon's.

 

Yoboseyo?” She says answering the phone.

 

Annyeong Da Yoon! How is your morning so far?” Jin Yong asked.

 

Hmm....loud?” She answers chuckling.

 

I could imagine! Anyways, I was just calling to remind you on your first day, but it looks like you have everything all set! You will be coming with 2PM. Once there, just come into my office, so we can talk about who you will be training with.” He says happily.

 

Ahh! Neh. Thank you very much sunbaenim!” She says cheerfully.

 

The call ends.

 

Who was that?” I asked curiously.

 

Park Jin Young sunbaenim. He wanted to make sure I remembered I have practice today.” She answers smiling.

 

Oh yeah, that reminds me. We should leave in 10 minutes, so everyone get ready.” Minjae says as he finishes his food and places his plate in the sink.

 

Neh.” Everyone says in unison. Well, everyone expect Da Yoon.

 

POV: NO ONE

 

Everyone was just about ready to leave, until Wooyoung yelled. The guys and Minjae already knew why he was yelling, but Da Yoon was still new to it, so she jumped in fright and started running to where Wooyoung was.

 

WHAT! WHAT HAPPENED?!” Da Yoon yelled as she barged in the door with a shirtless Wooyoung.

 

AHHH!!!!!” Wooyoung screamed.

 

AHHH!!!!!” Da Yoon screamed right after.

 

Both their screaming in fright caused the boys and Minjae to laugh histerically to the point where they weren't able to breathe. With them laughing, they didn't notice Da Yoon running back to where they were with her face as red as a tomato.

 

WHY DID YOU COME IN MY ROOM?!” Wooyoung yelled.

 

I thought you were in trouble. I thought something happened to you. I mean can you really blame me?” Da Yoon says without making eye contact with anyone.

 

I WAS IN TROUBLE!” He yelled. This caused Da Yoon's eyes to widen.

 

WHAT HAPPENED! ARE YOU HURT ANYWHERE?! ARE YOU SICK?” She asks while checking to see if he was okay and that there were no bruises in his body and he didn't have a fever.

 

NOT THAT TROUBLE! I RAN OUT OF HAIRSPRAY!!!!!” He yells while falling on the floor with his knees. This caused Da Yoon to stop and give him a dull expression.

 

Hairspray? That was your “trouble”?” Da Yoon asked with her arms crossed on her chest. The members and Minjae couldn't help but be interested in their conversation.

 

Of course! Do you know how important my hair is to me!?” Wooyoung says trying to sound more manly.

 

Is that why you had to be shirtless? You wanted to look manly putting on hairspray without a shirt on?” Da Yoon says. She tried to not smile, but that broke as the everyone bursted out laughing once again, expect Wooyoung.

 

Y-Yah! I d-didn't know you could be so mean! That hurt!” Wooyoung sadly said as he put his hand on his chest.

 

Aigooo...mianhae mianhae! How about I make you something special when we get back? Neh?” Da Yoon says as she tries to act a bit cute. Wooyoung eventually gives in and agrees.

 

Okay! Let's go!!” Minajae says opening the door for everyone.

 

 

JYP ENTERTAINMENT

 

Da Yoon was on her way to JYP's office. She was excited to see who will be coaching her. She wanted to make a good first impression. Since she will be working with them for years and years, she wanted to build a good relationship with them. She was right in of the door and about to knock when her phone started to ring. It was a text message from Taecyeon.

 

Taecyeon: “You will do great. Don't worry too much. Da Yoon FIGHTING!!!”

 

Da Yoon: “Gomawo oppa! I will do my best! Fighting!!”

 

Taecyeon: “:3”

 

And with that, Da Yoon put her away and knocked on the door. It didn't take long before JYP opened the door and welcomed her in.

 

It's nice to see you again Da Yoon!” JYP says.

 

Neh. It's nice to see you too sunbaenim.” She bows.

 

This is your vocal trainer, Lee Yejin. And this is your dance trainer, Lee Taemin. The both will be training you for and after you debut in the future.” JYP says.

 

Annyeonghaseyo! It's such a pleasure to meet you.” Da Yoon says bowing.

 

So why don't we get started! I can't wait to work with you!” Lee Yejin says excitedly.

 

Neh! I can't wait either!” Da Yoon responds with the same enthusiasm.

 

And off they went into the vocal room. It was 9am when they first started, but neither of them wanted to take a break, unless they really had to.


“Okay. Now, let's end with a song for the day. What song do you want to try?” Yejin asked.

 

Hmm.. I've always wanted to try IU's “Good Day”. Can we try that? I want to see how far I can go.” Da Yoon says.

 

Wow. I'm impressed. This is only your first practice, and you already want to start at the top?” Yejin asks surprisingly.

 

Neh. I want to give it a shot. It won't hurt, so why not.” Da Yoon responds confidently.

 

Well okay then! Let's do it!” Yejin says as she starts the song.

 

Da Yoon sang the best she could. Well, tried. When it came to the high notes close the the end of the song, she was a bit off, but not too bad. Even though it sounded wrong, she kept going. When the song ended, Da Yoon opened her eyes and just stared at Yejin. She couldn't tell her expression if she loved it or hated it.

 

So? How was it? Maybe I shouldn't have chosen that song. Maybe I should have chosen something more simple. Maybe I shouldn't have chosen a song at all. Maybe I shouldn't be here. Maybe---” Da Yoon kept rambling on until Yejin stopped her.

 

You were.....okay. Everything was great, but it was the high notes at the end that got to you. But it wasn't bad. We can fix it. You're a hardworker, so in no time you will be able to hit that note. This is only your first day, so don't worry about it.” Yejin smiles warmly causing Da Yoon to smile too.

 

"Thank you, sunbaenim. I will work harder in the future.” Da Yoon says.

 

Ani! You can call me unnie. I'm not that old!” Yejin chuckles.

 

Unnie!” Da Yoon says happily jumping up and down.

 

Okay okay! It's time for you to get to your dance practice. Have fun! Annyeong!” Yejin waves.


“Neh! Annyeong!” Da Yoon waves back skipping out of the room.

 

 

Now, it was dance practice. Without giving any thought because of her excitement, Da Yoon just opened the door. To her surprise, she spotted a shirtless Taemin dancing in front of the wall mirrors ally. This caused her to turn around and blush.

 

What have I done in my past life to deserve this. Why are there so many shirtless men running around this world. 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note: 

Hello everyone!!! Welcome back to my story! Haha!!! 

So, I don't know if it was funny for you or if you guys enjoyed this chapter, but I did my best. I wanted to keep writing, but I got tired since it's late. 

 

Oh by the way, did some of you notice my two new characters?

Lee Yejin is actually Ailee's Korean name. And I had to use a great, y, cute, out of this world dancer. Welcome, Lee Taemin. (As you can see, my SHINee bias is Taemin)

 

I hope you guys liked it! Stay tuned for more!!! So happy to hear you're enjoying it! It really warms my heart that I can make you guys smile :)

COMMENT! VOTE! LOVE ME TWICE!!!! ^_^

LOVE YOU!!! 

XOXO!! ♥