Confession

My Brutal Bunnies

Who goes to the beach in the middle of the night?

Wait, why am I even here?

A pair of hands clouded themselves on top of my eyes, completely blocking my vision. 

"You're late..." He whispered next to my ear in the darkness as a red glow invaded my cheeks.

"D-dae.." I managed to stutter, unable to finish my sentence when the said guy drove me in a direction I wasn't sure of. My fingers rose up to touch the warm hands, but he interrupted,"Don't do that, or it won't be a surprise."

"Come on, Daehyun. No need to be all mysterious." I whined, my heartbeat racing like there was no tomorrow as we strolled across the rough sand. 

After a few minutes of clueless walking in the darkness, he finally dropped his hands, revealing an amazing view of the sea. The mirrored stars in the calm water made it impossible to believe there were living things under the still surface. The moon reflected its light perfectly on a set-up dinner table complimented by a flaming candle. 

"So.. do you like it?" He voiced, butting in my moment of awe as he wrapped his muscular arms around my waist and rested his head on my shoulder without a single warning. A gasp escaped me at his sudden gesture.

"Did you really do all this? All by yourself?" I asked, relaxing in his embrace as the gushing wind swept our hair.

"Of course, it's cheap cheese."

A giggle erupted from my throat upon hearing Daehyun's humble claim, then I teased,"You can let go of me now.."

"No, I want us to stay like this forever."

"Listen Dae, I.."

The guy sighed before turning me around so suddenly, capturing my chin with his slender fingers and forcing it up to lock eyes with mine. He took a deep breath with his eyes closed, savouring the salty breeze and parted his lips, ready for the official confession,"Sohyun, I love you. Will you be mine?"

Then, he rubbed the back of his neck uncomfortably. His slightly tanned cheeks flashed a pink tint under the moonlight, which was kind of cute to my eyes. Touched? I was far beyond that as tears threatened to stain my face since the bitter truth was that I couldn't accept his kind offer even if it ached to just jump into his warm embrace so badly.

Unless, there was a way for me to keep both of my careers. 

That's it!

A wet drop of water landed on his shoulder, then two, three and rain started to fall heavily on the golden sand.

"It's raining!" 

"My food, my life..." He whined upon seeing food on the set-up table drenched in the pouring rain.

I laughed as Daehyun's eyes widened in dismay and caught hold of his free hand to escape the falling drops of nature. He hesitated and tugged my arm towards the food he made by himself, wailing,"But there's cheesecake, I have to save it!"

Once he grabbed the cake box by its ribbon, it was my turn to pull him away from the shore and towards the beach's exit while curses flew fluently out of his mouth, blaming the rain for ruining his 'romantic as hell' moment. It was fun really, we ran and ran until we reached the front of a known coffee shop where waitress Yoo Hyun Jin guarded HQ's secret entrance. 

"Isn't this.." Daehyun asked for confirmation as he too had used the same passage once with Junhyung's help.

"Yeah, come on inside." 

We stepped into the said cafe, only to be greeted by a cheerful Hyunjin wiping an empty table,"Hey General! You're on a date with this handsome man? He seemed pretty worried when he barged into this shop and strangled Junhyung because of you. That was a week ago, I think."

Chuckling, I turned to face Daehyun with his mouth hideously agape and teased,"Really, Daehyun?"

Caught red handed, he defended himself,"Hey! I did not!"

"Well, since I've finished cleaning up this table, why don't you guys sit here." Hyunjin interrupted us before the barking got even worse.

"Thanks." A blushing Daehyun mumbled as he plopped down onto a wooden chair. 

With a smile naturally plastered on her beautiful face, she took out a small notebook from a pocket on her striped apron and asked,"So, what would this cute couple like to have?"

"Hyunjin, we're not a couple and a mocha latte for me."

"Not yet! Make that two." Daehyun butted in shamelessly.

When Hyunjin left for the kitchen, I used the perfect moment to actually explain everything. No more trashy chit chat, it was time to get down to real business and let him know what the path I chose really looked like.

The curve on my lips faded, my gaze pierced into his, creating the perfectly serious atmosphere. I parted my lips,"Dae, I'm going to take it."

"Take what?" His expression changed to a look of anxiety.

Keeping the game up, I controlled my voice to make it sound as stern as ever, "The general thing. It sounds fun."

He creased his eyebrows while his lips transformed into a disagreeing pout,"Fun? So what'll happen to us?"

Calmly, I explained,"That's it. No more 4Minute, no more BAP and so on.."

"Are you serious, Sohyun?"

Pursing my lips, I nodded slowly.

Hyunjin finally came with our drinks and fortunately spotted the box of cheesecake Daehyun brought under the table. She pointed at it, offering politely to serve us the cake in plates as her favour. 

We smiled and said yes to make her go away for our private conversation. 

"But, Dae...." 

Okay, I can't take it anymore.

Bubbles of laughter I'd been holding back this few minutes escaped me while Daehyunshot a deadly glare with confusion written all over his face. Tears of victory trailed over my cheeks as Daehyun was easily fooled even with my cheesy acting. I wiped them off my face, trying to speak properly,"Did you really buy all that?"

"This is not funny!" He barked, obviously irritated with my lack of concern into the serious matter.

"I'm gonna take on the job but I won't give up my music career either."

"How the hell are you going to do that?" He spat.

I took a sip of the steaming mocha latte and voiced casually,"Will you help me, Dae?"

He blew a sigh and rubbed his aching temples in disbelief, "Anything for you, m'lady."

"Oh, um.. your question at the beach.." I reminded him, poking the cheesecake in front of me with a fork nervously. 

"What question?" 

Clueless Daehyun, as always.

A scarlet shade tinted my hot cheeks as I muttered,"It's a yes."