'Home'

My Brutal Bunnies

"Sohyun-ah!!!!"

An enraged scream from the other end of the dorm bounced of the walls as its echoes traveled into my expecting ears. I knew it. Daehyun finally found out about our threatening and dangerous prisoner whom I freed last night. So much for last night's affection, hmph. As expected, the Daehyun who lent me his shoulders the night I thought everything was lost was already gone by the morning. 

"Tch~" I smirked in response as I parted the windows.

Cold morning breeze swept my hair, indulging me into a calm feeling despite the quest I had to endure that day. What Daehyun said and the dream I had last night triggered a new kind of spirit to confront whoever was against me. That included the elders and Seo In Guk. After tossing and turning in bed that sleepless night, I took the free time to actually analyze the situation I was in. First of all Seo In Guk had his eyes set on the Sapphire Stone, next the elders fooling Yongguk into thinking that Jiyoung can come back from the dead if he rips my life off and last but not least, my endangered career. 

I loved both of my careers so I was going to fight for them. The HQ seemed like a good start to me as the elders posed a better threat than Seo In Guk because they can attack me discreetly by scarring my good name, labelling me as the 'traitor' and make all the other ninjas turn against me. They had the authority. Besides, if Ingguk decided to attack HQ, other ninjas could fight him on the behalf of 'world peace' so that would not be a problem.

The sound of a door knob being harshly turned pricked my ears. Not wasting another second, I shoved a white tee to the travelling bag I found this morning and jumped out of the window right on time before the door bursted open. When I landed on my feet, I dashed off into the crowd of people roaming Seoul so that none of BAP could catch me running away.

As I made my way through thousands of common Koreans, I couldn't stop myself from imagining BAP's reaction to my getaway. I shook my head and thought, it's just for two days. No big deal. Kim Taekyung had to debut that day in another one of BAP's concerts but by the looks of my current situation, Taekyung just had to wait. Plus, Yongguk's absence was a bigger problem instead of mine because his fans would be expecting him. A sigh escaped my lips as my gaze pivoted to the ground in disappointment, Bang Yongguk, who are you really? My enemy or my friend?

Ding Dong! The doorbell alarmed when I stepped into the coffee shop where I bumped into Yongguk and Himchan the other day. My eyes roamed around for the waitress and saw the one and only Yoo Hyun Jin wiping wet coffee mugs. I smiled and then shot a wink at her. Understanding my gestures, she nodded and averted her gaze towards the kitchen.

Before I could take a step further, someone grabbed me by the arm and hauled me to sit with him at a coffee table. I was just about to slap the guy's face when I recognized him. Resting my hand on the table, I said, "Junhyung? What are you doing here?"

He shook his head and diverted the question to me,"What are you doing here? I heard the head expelled you for 'violence in school grounds'."

"Yeah, I know. That's the story but I have some business with the general." I told him.

"What kind of business? You've been avoiding HQ for like.. 2 years now. This has to be something urgent." He said as he cocked his head sideways.

I nodded, "Real urgent.. So I gotta go now." I kicked my seat back and started walking away from him but he caught my hand, halting my steps.

"I don't think it's safe for you to see the general.." He voiced out of worry.

I forced a smiled on my face, "I know it's not safe. Thanks for worrying though."

I shook off his loosening grip and turned my back on my old comrade, Yong Jun Hyung. After Yongguk ran away and was never found, I was assigned to the rapper who had the same dream as mine. Despite our responsibilities as ninjas, we wanted to be stars. He was awesome at rapping. In turn, I was awesome in dancing. The mutual interest was what strengthened our bond as partners. He was someone I trusted in HQ apart from all the other probably brainwashed ninjas. Still, I knew something he didn't about the corrupted headquarters us ninjas call home.

I entered the kitchen and walked straight towards the door at the end of the room. Ignoring the undercover cooks, I pressed some numbers on the keypad next to the doorknob and stepped inside. Annoyed by the wait, I stated my ID coldly,"Scarlet Red, ID#278318."

It wasn't a matter of time until the floor opened up and the next thing I knew I was sliding down a tunnel that lead towards the underground headquarters. Getting used to the usual speed because of my successfully maintained weight, I spread my arms out and slammed the walls of the tunnel tight. Friction worked its magic as I was hanging freely at the same spot I discovered another secret passage when I was only 14. My arms shook helplessly with my weight giving in to gravity so I used my foot to kick a spot where I guessed the sensor could be. Nothing happened. With a tongue sticking out of my mouth in frustration, I trailed a foot randomly on the walls of the tunnel until the something opened up.

I tried to reach inside but it was too down below and the fact that my arms couldn't hold on much longer didn't help. Finally, I lost my grip and fell.

Fired with determination, I caught the edge of the opening with one hand and struggled to pull myself up. The passage was somewhat like an air vent so the space wasn't much for me to crawl in like I used to years ago. I had to crouch, very low and shift my body ahead.

I had my own way around HQ that nobody else knew about.  Unlike my useless sense of direction when I walked around the huge lair, I knew my way pretty good in this air vent system. I was the only one who acknowledged this passage for the person who built this had long passed away. Besides me and him, no one else had the slightest clue of it, even the current general. 

After who knows how long shifting away inside the cursed system, I reached my long awaited destination, the general's office. I pressed an ear to hear if anyone was occupying the room and to my relief, there was not even the slightest sound. The door below me could only opened if I pulled its lock so I gave it a tug and the door opened. I fell again but managed to land silently on the marble floor. 

Once inside the master computer room also known as the general's office, I examined the room for the main computer and there it was, in the middle of the room. Soon my fingers were dancing on the keyboard as I practiced a hacking technique Junhyung taught me when we were on one of our endless missions.