Shock

My Brutal Bunnies

"Z-zelo?" 

I was about to run away when he caught me in his arms, engulfing me into an inescapable embrace. As much as I wanted to believe that this hug meant nothing, like it was just between a dongsaeng and his noona, his tightening grip denied it clearly. 

"Noona, I don't know.. how.. or why but since the first time I saw you in the studio, my heart wouldn't stop pounding. I couldn't sleep just thinking about you, your safety. When you were on the hospital bed, I was worried if you'd stay like that forever. Seo In Guk nearly killed you right in front of my eyes, but you kept on fighting. You'd rather give up your life than to lose anyone. I don't know what I'd do if he did.. That day, I could do nothing even if I was awake.  I'm useless, I can't protect you like Daehyun hyung does. I don't understand you like Daehyun hyung does. But... I know you like Daehyun. When I saw you sleeping with him in the wad, you looked so happy, smiling in your sleep. So, I want you.. I- I want you..."

Wet tears trailed down my neck, soaking my shirt. Everything he said touched, no, shot an arrow straight into my heart. I opened my mouth to say something, anything that could make him feel better but no voice came out. It hurt inside, and I couldn't imagine how the boy in front me really felt. I raised my hand to his blonde hair, it gently like Jiyoung unnie once did to me. 

"Zelo... I.."

"You can't lie to me, noona. I see it in your eyes, the way you look at him is too obvious." 

"Then, what do you want me to say?"

"Promise me you'll stay alive."

He broke the hug and let his eyes pierce into mine in a serious manner, he said,"Look at me in the eyes and promise, noona."

"I can't really...."

"Just do it noona or I'll tell Yongguk hyung that you like Daehyun hyung." He raised a teasing eyebrow and crossed his arms victoriously.

Sighing, I said,"You're really irresistible, you know that?"

"I get that a lot." He flashed a cute grin on that tear-stained face of his.

"Alright then, I promise. But you and BAP will have to help when I need it, okay?"

The warm conversation paused for a moment as Zelo pursed his lips, darting his eyes away from me. He shifted uncomfortably in his position, probably thinking up of something to say. After a few seconds, he voiced,"Noona, let's pretend this never happened. I don't want things to be awkward between us."

His insecurity amused me as a smile crept onto my lips,"You're my favourite dongsaeng, how can I be awkward with you?"

 

Meanwhile, spying behind the door was a very well known busybody, the one and only Jung Daehyun. Apparently, the nosy guy just came home after a long search for cheesecake in the Seoul district and coincidentally encountered his manager and maknae dashing off into the building like in some kind of romantic drama. It wasn't that he was jealous, no, the Jung Daehyun never gets jealous. 

He just wanted to make sure we weren't up to anything bad, as the oh-so-responsible hyung he was. Our talk seemed serious right until Zelo hugged me. That moment, he clenched his fists so tightly. He was about to punch the door but then stopped, if we found out, he'd be in great trouble. 

All of a sudden, the awaited door finally opened but he didn't have the time to move, let alone hide himself properly. I came out first, as agreed with Zelo so that no one would catch us in a such risky time of the night and when I caught sight of the familiar peeping Tom, I grabbed him by the collar and dragged him all the way to a toilet. 

I threw him towards a wall and blocked his only escape with my arms connected to the wall, our faces only inches apart. I said,"Jung Daehyun, what do you have to say for yourself?"

"I regret nothing. By the way, don't you think we're too close?" He smirked in satisfaction.

I took a step back right away, realizing our closing distance. I muttered slowly but still loud enough that he could pick up,"What did you hear?"

He shrugged casually while 360-ing his pretty eyes. He voiced,"Nothing. I just saw Zelo hug you and cry, that's all."

"That's a lie"

"Your voices were too low."

I crossed my arms, unknowingly falling for his kind of logical denial,"Well, since it's you, that kind of makes sense."

He barked,"What the hell does that mean?!"

"It means what it means, stupid." 

"You're really mean for a maknae.." He whined.

"My aegyo's only for my unnies.. and future boyfriend maybe..?"

A laugh erupted from his throat, "Boyfriend?"

Fighting the urge to slap myself, I shot back,"Why? You think I can't have one?"

Giggling uncontrollably, he shook his head, his hair waving side to side,"No. no.. You can, but only with me."

"What?"

"You heard me." He said, walking past me towards the toilet door while my eyes trailed him attentively in wait for an explanation. The great urge to stop him overpowered me as I shouted at his back,"Daehyun, wait!"

Before stepping out through the open door, he turned around and voiced with that trademark smirk of his,"I can't confess in a stinky toilet, so if you want a proper one come to the beach at 9 tomorrow night."

His rude leave left me speechless, mouth agape, eyes wider than the cooing owl outside. After a long moment of silence, one of the stall's doors creaked loudly as if someone just finished his or hers business. Then, water from the sink started overflowing so I glanced back to shout at whom was wasting water, finding nothing as echoes of insane laughter invaded my ears.

Then, I realized I was the only living being in the accursed toilet. 

Sohyuunnnnn.... The creepy whispers called softly.

"Hell no I'm out of here!!" 

With that, I dashed out of the building without even taking a look back to see if there were any paranormal creatures on my track.

I literally looked back while writing this. How did I trail off to a horror genre?