The Roof ("loof")

My Brutal Bunnies

Arms rested on the bars, head down as my gaze stayed loyal to the sight below. The number of cars rushing through the night was acceptable because dawn was coming soon. The darkness didn't stop me from spending the last hours of the night at the breezy rooftop, the only place I could find privacy. A lot  were going through my mind and my 'defeat' in front of Yongguk didn't make any sense to me now. Running a hand through my own wind-blown hair, I chuckled at the memory. 

"Stupid me" I whispered to the blowing wind.

The cool breeze caressed my bare skin and sent my whole body shaking but I didn't really care about it. It was just that, how did I lose myself? If Yongguk chose to turn into the monster he never was, I still had to move on. I had to say it, professionalism was my asset and as the ninja I was, I will use it. Rationality began its way into myself, it shouldn't have left anyway. My ninja self came back and it wasn't for HQ, friends, crush or anything else. This fight was for me and only me. As selfish as it sounded, it was true. For once in my life, I had to fight for myself. 

What do I want, really? Love? Friendship? or maybe Fame? Why am I fighting Ingguk? Is it plain revenge or I realy do want to protect the Sapphire Stone? Was my devotion to my ninja career that sincere? Why do I want to be a kpop star so bad?

A sigh escaped my lips. The line of questions without answers never ended. 

Tap. The sudden gesture startled me so much that I almost fell off the building then I pivoted and saw the guy who stole my first kiss. He wasn't wearing the usual, bored expression though but I was never able to interpret his face anyway. 

"What are you doing here?" He blurted without hesitation.

Turning back to the mesmerizing night view of Seoul, I replied,"Thinking..."

"About what?" He urged on, suddenly so curious about my existence here.

"Life." I closed my eyes and savored the cold breeze that swept my hair. Daehyun invited himself to lean against the bars next to me and did the same thing I did.

He voiced again,"It's nice here, isn't it?" 

I nodded lazily as a respond, not that I wanted him to go away. I just didn't want to stop enjoying the moment I had for myself. Weird thing was, his presence didn't affect my privacy nor my thoughts.

A fight for myself, a fight for freedom. The battle to stop Ingguk from taking over the world and the elders from taking over my life. The Sapphire Stone, I was their key and they needed me. Slowly, I began to devise a plan to stop the elders from taking over my life. The reason I hated my ninja life was them and their discreetly evil ways. I knew the elders control the HQ because they killed the rightful general. I wanted to get rid of them but I didn't want to kill them. The only way was to use the Sapphire Stone on them to erase a part of their memories. Easy peasy, I just didn't have the courage to do that before this all happened. 

Ingguk? I wanted to face that sly fox and beat him up till he begs for mercy. Then, he'd stop tracking me down for the Sapphire's Stone and that will certainly ruin his plan to take over the world. Wait, it's my fight. I want to fight for me. What do I get if the world is saved?

Again, I was confused with my own thoughts. It was like the voices in my head were at war and I didn't know what else to think.  Daehyun, I wanted to ask him about it but cat got my tongue. I was nervous about telling someone about a private worry I've been keeping for some time. I never tell problems like these to Hyuna nor Ilhoon because I was afraid that they would misunderstand me. But Daehyun was an exception and I didn't know why. 

"Daehyun.." His name accidentally slipped out of my lips. I looked at him and he looked at me. Our gazes met once again but before anything happened, I decided to ruin the awkward second,"Have you ever fought...not for anyone else, but for you?" I asked.

He sat down and patted the place beside him, motioning me to take my place next to him. I did and he started,"What have you ever fought for, Kwon So Hyun?"

Narrowing my eyes at him, I wanted to retort but he managed to cut me off before I had the chance,"Every fight has a reason. Good or bad, depends on you." He said while playing with his own fingers. 

I dug my head into my hands,"I don't know what I fought for. I never had a reason to fight."

"But you did.." He said softly, turning his gaze upon me.

The wind blew hard and paused our conversation for a moment. My whole body shook helplessly as the cold seeped through my skin and my messed up hair didn't help. 

"Here.." A lump of clothing landed on my lap. It was Daehyun's sweater and now he was just wearing a thin white tee that was obviously not enough for the devilishly cold night. 

"No way! You need this!" I handed the sweater back. He snatched the sweater out of my hand then wrapped it around my shaking body gently even when I tried to shove him off.

"Why did you fight me?" He suddenly asked.

I stayed quiet for a couple of seconds before answering,"I-I..no.. you need this sweater.."

"Why?"

"Yea... well, it's freezing out here..?" I mocked that stupid question of his.

"You're cold too.." He replied calmly.

I tried defending myself, "But I----"

He flashed a warm smile. Warm enough to break the ice of a lost feeling inside of me,"It's because you care.. You wanted me to wear it because you care about me. You'd rather suffer the cold as long as I was comfortable."

"I-I don't understand.." 

"You fought for yourself. What you wanted for others and for yourself. If I didn't resist you, you would've frozen to death but you still fought me because you wanted me to be warm. It was something only you wanted."

For the first time in my life, I grabbed Daehyun by his shirt and dug my face into his chest. Embarrassed,yes, but I didn't care. The burden I had been keeping to myself was finally gone as I wept and wept, soaking his tee with my tears. He didn't push me off of him. Ignoring the feeling of a warm hand creeping into my hair, I cried,"I-I thought I lost myself." 

The hand ran his fingers through my hair gently,"Shhh.. It's just stress. Every problem has its solution. Yours just have to wait." 

After that, he engulfed me into a hot embrace. Somehow, I didn't mind him doing that.His hand caressed my back softly to weaken my sobs and it worked its magic. In the end, I was fast asleep in his arms.

 

I've been longing to write this the past two days! Special thanks to all my readers for supporting me all the way. Saranghae~^^