Embrace

My Brutal Bunnies

Familiar voices rang through my throbbing head.

"Hyung, is she gonna be okay?"

"I don't know.."

"Why did she leave us?"

"What is this place anyway?"

It hurt to think. Even I was not sure where I exactly was anymore. All I knew was that I was on a bed, tucked in and the room was freezing cold with some people making annoying noises all around me. The only thing I wanted then was to lay back in bed and cast myself into a deep slumber where there was no assasins, Seo In Guk, Yongguk.....Yongguk?!

I sat up straight that very second, sending the other seven blondies into utter shock. What happened to that crossover? He was the only person that played in my mind. The last time I saw him was back at the headquarters, a sword in his rib and blood spilling out of his mouth. Then, the memories rushed back, I...I killed him. 

Tears started to flood my eyes as I faced the other guys who were in the same room,"I..I killed him?"

"Noona, are you okay?" Zelo asked with a hint of concern in his voice.

Shaking my head, I came back with then same question,"Is he dead?"

Before anyone could open their mouths, a surge of pain knocked my senses as the sharp point of a syringe struck into my flesh. Junhyung voiced without noticing my painful flinches while pressing some kind of liquid into my body,"Don't you remember? He's fine." 

His remark managed to bring back all the memories from the time when I went face to face with Yongguk. It could have been days since the fight but I was too tired to even ask, or maybe it was because of the medicine Junhyung injected in me. He was always someone I could trust, my bestfriend since the day Yongguk went missing.

"Guys.. I think you should let her rest. She can be discharged tonight, the soonest." His voice was full of profesionalism. 

Not saying a word, I watched the guys' heads move up and down and made their way towards the door. Disappointment was visible on their faces but Junhyung knew better, I really needed time for myself after what had happened. Time to figure out what to say to the other ninjas after wiping out the general's memory. But then, Junhyung called back,"Daehyun, I need you to stay."

Shooting a deathly glare at the doctor, I protested,"What?!"

Daehyun smirked,"Problem, Miss Runaway?"

"No. I didn't run away. I just needed some time off." 

"For suicide?" He shot back.

Junhyung broke the tense atmosphere by sending a scalpel between us two,"Guys......"

Both of us stared at the scalpel sticking out of the wall with trembling hands. After letting a sigh escape himself, he went on,"If you have anything in mind, you can let them all out on Mr. Dae right here."

Confused, I shouted at Junhyung who was already turning the doorknob,"You can't leave me with him!"

Waving his hand with the happiest grin ever, he said,"Bye bye~" And the door shut with a thud. 

Daehyun crossed his arms as his glare was back on me, his voice came out stern,"Why did you do that?"

I tried avoiding his deadly eyes,"The old man was something bigger than In Guk."

"Then why did you go alone?" He urged, the atmosphere changed.

This time, I faced him as I answered,"I didn't want anyone to get hurt."

Letting a sigh escape him, he locked his eyes with mine,"Do you know how hurt I can be if you are?" He stepped towards me and took a seat at the empty space on my bed, right beside me. Honestly, I didn't want to understand his words so I just chuckled,"Whatev---"

Before I could even finish that one word, he caught me in a tight embrace. His breathe my skin, his fingers caressed my hair. His sudden action froze me completely especially when his musical voice invaded my senses,"Don't ever.. don't ever do that again. I don't want to see you hurt." There was no urge to push him away, his heat comforted me. Everything else disappeared from my mind. All I could think about was him, only him. My very own saviour who risked his life for me, the perfect guy I wished for every night before I go to sleep. 

Realization struck me, he was the one. But fate would never let us be together because what was not meant to be, was not meant to be. The reality of ninja life but who cared? It was just me and him, those beautiful minutes before I dozed off in his arms.