Choices

My Brutal Bunnies

I never expected it, the throne was handed to me just like that. No objections, not even one even if I was to be the first female general in history. Dad would surely be happy if I accepted it. He probably predicted this moment would come when I was old enough. All this while, I was clueless of Dad's power. I thought my old man was just an elite ninja who went on private meetings with his comrades at 5-star hotels, at least that was what he told me. 

The authority gave a time limit to my break so that I could prepare myself for a whole new different life I knew I wasn't ready for. It was 2.00 in the morning but my eyelids were very much stubborn although I spent the whole day practising 4Minute's new dance.

"Two days left.." I sighed and rolled over to my side, facing Hyuna who was busy checking Yongguk out on her laptop.

No respond.

*Sighs*

Still no respond.

*Sighs louder*

What the-- Is this unnie THAT in love with Yongguk?

"Unnie~ I'm sighing.." I said in an effort to distract the hypnotized Hyuna.

Her eyes nailed to the laptop screen, she replied lazily,"I can hear that, maknae."

I smacked my face with a palm at Hyuna's ignorance towards the whole general thing. Aside from BAP, she was the only person I could talk to about these kind of issues. As much as I wanted to turn down the offer, but every ninja in HQ put their trust on me since I saved them from Seo In Guk. I couldn't let them down after so long letting them be fooled by the previous general. Yes, it did sound fun but..

"I don't wanna quit 4Minute." I whined, yearning attention from her.

After several attempts to get her off the laptop, she finally closed the lid and pushed it away from her. Without a warning, she leapt up from her bed just to land right on top of me, squishing my body in the process. The rapper probably gained some unnecessary weight since the last few weeks because I was breathless.

"Hyuna unnie~ I'm dying!" I complained, trying to push her to the side of my bed. She wouldn't budge at all.

Smirking, she shot back,"Take that, maknae! Don't even think about leaving me again!"

"Yeah, I don't think I can handle the whole HQ either." I voiced, slipping out of Hyuna's weight trap. She fell onto the soft mattress as made myself comfortable next to her, the both of us facing the ceiling. Silence triumphed over the atmosphere for a few minutes while we drowned in our own endless thoughts.

"Unnie..." I called.

"Maknae?"

"What should I do? I'm clueless.."

"Whatever you like, maknae."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means what it means.."

I laughed, Hyuna was always like that, playing around and all like it was nothing but everything she said at moments like these actually meant something. It all depends on me if I could figure it out.

"Okay. So I'm gonna go out." I excused myself.

Smirking, she said,"Say hello to Yongguk for me when you're at it."

At the door, I glanced over my shoulder and spoke,"As you wish, unnie."

 

I halted my steps, hesitating whether I should stop by at BAP's. It had only been a few days since I last met them but why did I feel so weird about facing them. Maybe it was because my phone flashed '4.00 a.m.'. As far as I knew, their promoting activities were postponed because Yongguk hadn't fully recovered yet. A quick visit for an injured friend wouldn't hurt, right? But why.. my legs won't move. 

As I was about to curse my suddenly immobile legs, a tap on my unguarded shoulder scared the life out of me. Instinctively, I choked the poor guy in a deadly headlock, slowly realizing it was just harmless Zelo. Surprised, I released the struggling boy before his soul escaped him.

Gasping for air, he said,"Why did you do that, noona?"

"Sorry. You startled me, Zelo-ah.." I apologized while toying with my fingers.

He massaged his aching neck and flashed that trademark grin of his,"It's okay, noona. Oh, I almost forgot. Follow me, I want to show you something."

Without a warning, he grabbed my wrist and dragged me into TS Enter.

"Hey, Zelo. I don't think--" I protested.

The maknae kept on tugging on my arm, directing me somewhere I wasn't really sure of,"Come on, noona. This is really important."

We arrived in a very familiar room where a set of huge mirrors surrounded us. My head tilted to one side, a question slipped past me after he slammed the door shut behind him,"What's so important that you have to drag me all the way to a dance studio in the middle of the night?"

His eyes pierced mine, he stuttered,"Look, noona. I..." 

Usually I hated eye contact especially when it was just the two of us in the air conditioned room so I focused on a rear view of the shaking figure in one of the mirrors. The cute boy was younger than me by a year but he was so much taller. It was weird, how can a guy be so damn tall, but also so adorable. Talls guys should be hot, not cute but Zelo...

"Noona? Are you even listening?" He waved his hand in front my eyes to bring myself back o the real world.

Blinking twice, I replied,"Oh.. sorry Zelo. A lot of things are going through my mind right now."

He pouted, obviously disappointed that I wasn't paying attention to him. The cute boy was just irresistible. I reached up for his face and pinched his chubby cheeks hard until they shone a bright red.

"Don't pout at your noona, Zelo-ah!" I cooed.

In a flash, he caught my hands and slammed them onto his chest, stammering as he almost shouted,"I love you, noona!"

 

A/N Sorry I'm not so good with fluff.