What Happened to Bec?

Welcome to America! {HIATUS}

Bec's POV

     I tried to calm down my nerves as I cleaned up my room and got ready to meet Devon after all these years. I went through my normal routine until I heard the doorbell ring. Anna and the boys stood behind me as I opened the door with a smile on my face. Behind the door, Devon stood.

     He grew a lot taller than him. I used to be as tall as him, but now I come to his shoulder. His hair is still messily styled on purpose and his face is still as handsome as it was five years ago. My eyes drift over to the girl who stands next to him. My instantly lurches in my chest. 

     She's everything I wasn't on the outside. Gorgeous, slim, perfect teeth, and slender arms and legs. My facial expression didn't move, but I could tell that she was looking me up and down. She probably noted my more . . . broader body type and the more muscular arms.

     I invited them in after what seemed like an awkward silence. Anna introduced the SHINee boys to Devon. Devon seemed a little suspicious of them while SHINee was doing a poor job at hiding their dislike for him. How can they hate him? He's too amazing. He's everything I've ever wanted . . . but he's not mine.

     We all go to the living room and sit down while Key makes some tea for us. I notice that Onew isn't with us, but he leaves my head when Devon starts talking. "Nice place you got here." 

     "Yea," I say. Smooth, right?

     "How did you get enough money to get a house like this? Did you win the lottery or something?" How can he say that? He knows I left to become a celebrity? Why is he acting like he's ignorant. Then it dawns on me. He wants to make it seem like we don't know each other that well in front of his new girlfriend. My heart twists a little when I figure this out, but I go along with it. 

     "You could say something like that," I say vaguely since SHINee still doesn't know who I am, thankfully. He seems satisfied that I went along with. Anna gives him a cold stare which he studiously ignores. 

     "So, how have you been, Rebecca?" Ouch, that hurt too. He called me by my full name. Not by my nickname. He really is trying to hurt me. I can't believe it. It's getting harder and harder for me to control my facial expressions, but I'm saved by Key, who shouts from kitchen that he can't find the cups. I excuse myself and head to the kitchen.

     "Are you alright?" Key asks me. I wipe at my eyes carefully and nod. I thank him from saving me. He gives me a sad smile and hugs me. "It'll be alright," he says. "Don't let him get to you. You're stronger than him. I believe in you." Wow. His words really help me because I feel better.

     But that feeling goes away when I walk back into the living room to find Devon playfully teasing his girlfriend. I count to ten before I walk back. "Sorry, Key can be forgetful sometimes," I say. 

     "Nah, it's okay." Devon says. "I was just listening to some stories these guys had to tell me. I look over at the guys and Taemin shakes his head just barely. I start wringing my hands behind my back as I try to keep calm. I sit back down and we have a somewhat tense talk for the rest of Devon's visit.

     When he's about to walk out he says, "It was good to see you Rebecca. It was like old times again. I hope I can see you again before you fly back to-" I slam the door shut before he can finish that sentence knowing that I just left a very bad last impression for him and his girlfriend. The guys and Anna try to comfort me, but I just brush past them. I feel hollow inside. Like my insides have been taken out, rearranged, and put back in.

     I slowly climb the stairs to my room. Once I get there I go to my bathroom. I promised myself I wouldn't do it again, but this pain . . . it's too much. From the right draw, I take out my dagger. Very slowly I pull up my arm, starting from my wrist and ending at my shoulder. It bleeds almost instantly, and as my vision blurs and dims, my last thought before I pass out is for Devon to die in hell.

 


 

Author's Note:

Devon is horrible right? Sorry, I would curse here, but that wouldn't be very good now would it. I wanted to punch myself for making Devon so terrible, but I needed a good reason why Bec would go back to something bad. Don't hate me too much please! I promise this story ends well . . . there's just a lot of problems that pop up everywhere. Stay patient and dont stop reading!!!!

Thank you subscribers and other readers (<--sorry I didn't mention you guys earlier. You're just as important as the subscribers) Thank you for reading this far. I'll try to write another chapter or two today, maybe even three. Also, if you see any mistakes, sorry, I'm fixed my past chapters and now i"m going to use WORD to fix my future chapters!!

~HAPPY READING