Tripping Gives You a Knight in Shining Armor

Welcome to America! {HIATUS}

Bec's POV

     I was listening to music, on my phone, as I took my morning jog. My music suddenly stopped and my ringtone for Anna came on. Without stopping, I picked up the phone, because I had one of those cool headphones that had a mic on the headphone string. "Anna! Yoboseyo!" I say happily and somewhat out of breath.

     "Hey Bec!" Anna says. "What are you doing later? I thought we could hang out!" Oh yea. I forgot to mention. Anna is working in Korea now. She's a music and English teacher at one of the high schools. I'm so happy for her. She's always loved to sing, and she loved people!!!

     I think about my day and finally say, "I think I'm free during lunchtime. Say 11:30-1:30? Where should we meet?"

     "Oh! That's perfect!!!! Let's meet at . . . Song Jeok Heon!" I squeal into the phone. I haven't been there in ages! I love the food! I tell her that I'll meet her there and continue jogging. It's not long, though, before my phone starts going off again.

     "Yoboseyo?" I say.

     "Bec! I mean TAEHEE!!" Oh god, it's Taemin. He's been asking me out every day for lunch. Luckily I've always been busy. It's not that I don't want to go on a date with him . . . I just don't feel like going out in public with him. I don't know why, but that's just how it is.

     "Neh Taemin?"

     "So . . . Are you free today?" I smile slightly and thank Anna inside of my head for filling up my lunch time.

     "Ani Taemin. I already made plans. Miahne." I can just imagine him pouting and I smile to myself.

     "How about tonight? I KNOW you have nothing on tonight, because we're going to be on Star King together again!!!" Aish, I can't get myself out of this one. Well, I guess one date won't hurt.

     "Hmm," I say, teasing a little by making him wait. "Okay. Where will we go?"

     "I know a place, but I want it to be a surprise. I'll just drive you after Star King alright? Don't forget to tell you manager, okay?" I'm about to reply when I suddenly trip. I let out a small scream and try to get up, but my ankle really hurts.

      "Taehee? Taehee? What happened? Are you alright?" Taemin asks in a frantic voice.

      I bite my lip as I sit up slowly. "Yea, I'm alright. I just tripped a little while I was running."

      "Why were you running?"

      "Taemin, I always go on morning jogs. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and tripped, okay? I'm fine now. I'll call you later." With that I hung up on him. I felt bad to suddenly hang up on him, but I hate having people pity me. Very slowly, I start limping my way back home.

      I ran at least a couple miles every morning and I just happened to trip half way done. I can't limp a mile, otherwise I'll probably hurt my other leg. I stop and sit down on a nearby bench and check my ankle. It doesn't seem like a broke it. I probably just sprained it . . . again. I always get in the same area all the time. After a fifteen minute break, I get back up and start limping. I'm glad I do this in the morning because then there aren't a lot of people around.

     But I do see one person who is jogging on the same sidewalk I'm on. I keep my head low and hope that he doesn't notice me. He runs past me and I let out a sigh of relief and starting walking, limping, back to my apartment. Suddenly, I'm lifted off of my feet. My eyes are closed, but i know that it's Minho who's carrying me. 

     "Taehee, you should be more careful when you're out running." I hear him say. I open my eyes and his face is very close to mine. I try to lean back, but since I'm in his arms I can't do much. I didn't realize it but I have my arms around his neck. I quickly put my hands in my lap as Minho keeps walking towards my apartment.

     "So, Minho . . . Why were you running this way?" I ask him cautiously.

     "Oh, that." He gives me a smile. "I always run in the mornings because that way no one will bother me." Huh. He does the same thing I do. I smile knowing that I share something in common with him. We chat for a while longer and we eventually reach the apartment. I tried to stop him, but he insisted on carrying me up the stairs. He set me down in front of the door.

     "There. You should ice your ankle after you get in, or it might get worse. I don't think it's bad, but it looks like you've hurt your ankle before. Just be careful okay? It would be horrible if you became a cripple." Minho says it jokingly, but I know he's serious about it.

     "I'm sorry you had to carry me. I know I'm not a light person." I say with an apologetic smile. I'm about to go in when he says my name.

     I turn around and see him smiling. "What?" I ask.

     "Don't you think I deserve a kiss after saving you?" I roll my eyes at his silliness and step closer to him to give him a peck on the cheek. Right before I kiss his cheek though, he turns his head and I kiss his lips! Also, the door opened right at that moment and Da Eun was standing there with agape.

     Oh god. What did I do . . . again?

 


 

Author's Note:

I know, I know. Cliche kind of thing to do, but I love doing these cliche things because they are so cute. What do you think is going to happen now? I feel teasing is about to happen to Bec. Poor her, she just can't seem to catch a break!!! XD

Readers and Subscribers, I would like to thank you for being patient with me with this story. I know I'm not updating that often and am even updating my other story more, so I would like to apologize. I'M SORRY!!!! Anyways, thanks for reading and I hope you are enjoying the story!!!!

~HAPPY READING!