Can We Try For Real?

Welcome to America! {HIATUS}

Taemin's POV

     I paced my room as I listened to the radio and TV talk nonstop about Taehee's earlier life. Or her life before debut. Who would put up almost everything that has ever happened to her out in the open? What if peope criticize her? I listen closer to what everyone is saying and let out a sigh of relief as it seems like they are sympathising with her. My phone rings and I pick it up without looking at the ID.

     "WHO THE HELL DID YOU TELL???" I instantly hear on the other line. It must be Bec.

     "I didn't tell anyone," I say calmly. At least, I think I sound calm.

     "Yea right," she says. "Like I would believe that. You're the only person I haven't sworn to secrecy about my life. Who else would have put anything up?"

     "I don't know. Maybe one of your friends posted it."

     "Why would they do that? They know my situation."

     I can hear the anger and confusion in her voice. I can tell she's also stressed. "At least no one is criticizing you. It seems like they are more sympathetic."

     "That's what I'm afraid of the most." I'm shocked to hear that. "They are going to feel sympathetic and will be scared to see if I try to do anything again, so then they'll become cautious around me. They'll watch every freaking move I make, and will freak out if I go anywhere alone or handle anything that could be dangerous. Trust me Taemin-ssi, I've been through this before, and I absolutely hate it."

     I understand what she's feeling because being the maknae of the group . . . everyone babies you. No matter how much you mature. I sigh and I try to calm her down. After an hour of talking, Bec is finally calm enough. She's about to hang up when I say, "Wait."

     "What?" She sighs tiredly.

     "You know how everyone thinks we're dating, right?"

     "Yea, no thanks to you." 

     "Well, um . . . Do you want . . . I mean . . . Can . . . we try . . . for real?"

 

Bec's POV

     The phone almost slips out of my hand when I hear him say that. I didn't think he liked me that much and I don't think I like him that much. Sure he's cute and adorable, but . . . I don't know. I sigh quietly and I can hear Taemin breathing on the other end. If I'm with him maybe he'll be able to protect me from the babying that will surely happen to me soon.

     "Okay, I'd like to do that." I say finally.

     "Jinjaa?!" He half yells. "Oh god, I thought you were going to say no." Trust me, I thought about it.

     "I guess I'll talk to you later then," I say then hang up. I turn off the TV not wanting to hear any more about me. I sigh and roll over onto my back and stare at the ceiling. I hear a soft knock on my door and then Hae Jung is standing next to my bed staring down at me. She doesn't say anything, just stares.

     "Yes?" I finally say when it got a little awkward.

     "Is it true?" She asks.

     I sigh and sit up. "Yes it's true. I just didn't want anyone to find out about it. I have no idea who put it up, but when I find out I'm sure going to pummel that person into a pulp."

     "I don't really believe you," Hae Jung says. "Can you . . . prove it?" She says the last part quietly, but I just pull up my sleeve revealing my almost-gone scar. Her eyes widen and become damp. She pulls me into a hug and says that everything will be okay. I roll my eyes and tell her to quit it.

     "I hate it when people do this to me. Can you, as my dongsaeng, not baby me? I can take care of myself, you know."

     She nods slowly against my shoulder and stands up again. She now has a very curious look in her eyes. "How come that scar is so light? On Wikipedia it said that you last . . . cut yourself a few months ago."

     "Truthfully, I don't know," I say. "I have never permanently scarred. The first time I ever cut myself, the cut was gone and my skin was completely smooth again in a few weeks. Of course, I didn't cut myself that badly, but back to the main point, I never scarred permanently." I know it's weird and I don't get it too. It's one of the many weird things about me.

     She looks at me in awe and then she says, "God I'm so jealous of you. If I could somehow have you weird skin ability I would die a happy woman." I scoff at what she says. "Woman?" I say. "You don't turn into a legal adult until six months from now."

     "Shut up," she says while lightly punching me. I feel that she is still hesitant around me, but she believes me when I say that I can handle myself. We talk some more before I have to explain it to the other girls, but by the end of the night they all agreed to not treat me any differently.

     Let's see if they can keep that promise.

 


 

Author's Note:

I made this chapter longer than my previous ones since I haven't been very good at writing long chapters lately. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. I litle boring at the end of it, but Taemin and Taehee/Bec (2Tae or TaeBec XD) are actually going to try!!! I wonder what will happen during their relationship!!!!

Readers and Subscribers thank you for being patient with me. I hope you have enjoyed the story so far. Don't forget to comment about the chpater and story!!! I'd love to get the feedback form you people!!!! Don't forget to read my other story "After The Gunshot"!!!!

~HAPPY READING!