A Week Too Late

Welcome to America! {HIATUS}

No one's POV

     The next week everybody was still slightly in shock. Taehee/Bec didn't go out much because she would get too many stares and the members continued with their schedule without Taehee. Whenever they went on shows they avoided questions about Taehee and kept the atmosphere nice. SHINee also tried to keep Taehee out of questions they were asked. 

     Taemin and Minho felt the most sympathetic and sad about everything, but Taehee's members were always there for her at the beginning and end of every day. Jonghyun, Key, and Onew watched from a far how Taehee had affected Taemin and Minho, but decided to just watch what happens.

     Onew and Da Eun would meet up and talk to each other and how everyone is at the dorms. They would share what they have observed and try to think of a way to get everyone up on their feet again. 

 

Bec's POV

      1-and 2-and 3-and 4-and 5-and 6-and 7-and 8. I repeat that over and over again as I continue to practice my dances. For the past week I've either been at the dorm or in here. There's something about the practice room that calms me. I usually have the whole thing to myself and when someone needs to use the room, I silently creep out and use a different one.

      I close my eyes as I listen to the beat and do the dance moves. I hooked up my phone to the stereo and I put it on shuffle. So far I've dance to "Evacuate the Dance Floor", "Too Close", "Only Girl", "Sherlock", and "I'm a Loner". Most of those songs don't have dances so I dance freely, letting my mind enter a zone where it's just me and my body. Right now, I'm dancing to a slow song. I close my eyes as I pretend that I'm dancing with a partner. 

     The song is about first love and heartbreak and other things. I don't realize it, but a lone tear falls from my eye as I dance. I don't know how much time passes, but eventually I stop moving around and take a short break. I lie down in the middle of the dance floor. My stomach growls, but I don't dare go down stairs until I know everyone is gone.

     I'm awakened by screaming. I bolt upright and look around me. In the doorway stands a girl, who I guess was screaming. She runs over to me and starts babbling. "Oh my gosh are you okay? Did you hurt yourself in any way? What were you doing all by yourself? Your body isn't hurting right? Do you need a doctor?" I sigh as I realize she knows who i am and has obviously seen the news.

     I stand up and say, "I'm fine. Stop worrying about me and get to your job. You don't need to worry about me, so please leave me. I'm not in the mood to be babied by someone who's younger than I am." She stares at me for a few seconds before leaving the room. She gives me a worried glance before she finally leaves. I sigh as I go back to me phone and put on the songs that are nice and slow.

     Again I close my eyes pretending that I have a partner. I flinch when I feel a hand hold my waist and hand. I'm about to open my eyes when I hear softly, "Shh, keep your eyes closed and go with the music." I don't know who it is, but I feel calmer and I gradually loosen up. We move together easily to the music.

     When the song ends I feel the lightest of touches on my lips. My eyes snap open and I look into the eyes of my partner. Minho. I take a step back, out from the circle of his arms, and stare at him while lightly touching my lips. I don't know what to say. I can barely think. I was dancing with Minho?? AND he kissed me? What??

 

Minho's POV

     I was walking out of my dance room when I heard light music playing. I go down a few doors and see Bec dancing with her eyes closed. Her face was serene and very clear of all the thoughts. I slowly enter, making no sound, and put my hand on her waist and my other hand in her other hand. She stiffens, but I say, "Shh, keep your eyes closed and go with the music."

     I see her relax some and then we dance slowly together. I take a deep breath, letting the faint smell of strawberries fill me. She seems so small when I'm this close to her. I look down at the top of her head and smile to myself. She might be small, but that didn't stop her from flipping me. 

     The song ends, but I didn't this to end. I bend down so I'm looking at her face and lean in. My lips barely touch hers when her eyes snap open, revealing her beautiful brown eyes. She steps back and I let my arms drop to my sides as I straighten myself up. She's staring at me with big eyes, but all I can do is think about the softness of her lips. She's touching . Does that mean she liked it?

     "Minho-ssi," she says. I slightly pout hearing her speak so formally to me. 

     "You don't have to speak so formally with me, Taehee-ah," I say informally.

     She nods her head a little. "Why did you . . . uh . . . kiss me?"

     "Isn't it obvious?" I give her a sheepish smile. "It's because I like you. I don't know why or how I like you, I just do." I eyes grow even wider when I said I liked her, which is true. I can just tell that her mind is going two hundred miles per hour. She opens and closes many times before she is finally able to say something.

     "M-miahne," she says. 

     "Wae?" I ask, suddenly dreading what she's about to say.

     "I've already agreed to officially go out with Taemin . . . oppa."

     "When did that happen? How? Why did you say yes?" I ask all at once.

     "Well," she counts on her fingers. "Maybe . . . a week ago? Maybe a little more. Why I said yes was because he had already announced that we were dating, so I thought that if we actually try to be a couple, maybe I wouldn't have to pretend anymore. Besides . . . Taemin likes me. I feel bad now, though, since you've just confessed to me." 

     I blink at her a few times before turning around and running out of the room. I can hear her calling out my name, but I don't stop. I have to talk to Taemin. I don't know if I'm going to break them up or to cheer them on, but whatever I choose, there will be a lot of yelling involved.

 


 

Author's Note:

YEA!!!! Another fun chapter . . . sort of. What did you think of this chapter? I'd say it was pretty good. I had a long day at school, so I had a lot of ideas in my head when I wrote this chapter! What will Minho do? What will Bec do? Why hasn't Taemin visited Bec? What is going to happen????

Readers and subscribers, I thank you for reading. Don't forget to comment also!!!! I don't like silent readers!!! O.O I'm watching you people! LOL JK. Anyways thanks for reading and I hope you are enjoying it!!!

~HAPPY READING!