Who's He?

Welcome to America! {HIATUS}

Anna's POV

     I pace up and down in front of Bec's bedroom door biting at my lip. How am I supposed to tell her? It'd be better if I tell her now right? Instead of later and being surprised? Yes? No? Ugh, I just don't know what to do. I feel a hand on my shoulder and look up. It's Key oppa.

     "What are you doing?" Key asks in English. I love this about the SHINee boys. They're trying to learn English, so they are determined for me to speak mostly in English and only in Korean if I have to.

     "Oh," I say with a nervous smile. "I have to tell Bec something that she will probably not like."

     "Really?" Key says with a thoughtful expression. "I haven't seen her get angry these past few days, so I don't think she'll really react much when you tell her." I love how naive he is, but maybe if he goes with me, Bec won't freak out as much.

     "Hey, Key . . . Will you come in with me? I think she won't freak out as much if you're with me." He agrees and I knock on Bec's door. I hear a groan and laugh. Sleeping in still? She wasn't this lazy before. Key asks me if it's okay to go in and I tell him it's fine. I walk in with him behind me. 

     Bec is sitting up in bed rubbing her eyes. Key gives out a shout and faces the door. I forgot that she normally only wears a sports bra and shorts to sleep. I give myself a mental slap and tell Bec to put a shirt on. She grumbles about it, but eventually puts a shirt on. Key turns around when I tell him it's "safe".

     "So," Bec says. "Why did you wake me up? I was having such a nice dream."

     My nervousness from earlier comes back and I start wringing my hands. "Well . . . What I need to you is that . . ."

     "Yes?"

     "That . . . Devon is coming here to visit you in a little bit." I say it as fast as possible, and as expected Bec explodes in a flurry of motion.

     "What??? He's coming here? Soon? How did he know I was back? Did he say anything else? Why did you just wake me up now?" Bec says all of this in a stream and eventually starts cursing silently under her breath. She walks into her closet and starts pulling out outfits that she shipped here from Korea a month ago.

     I hate to say this to her, but, "That's not all . . . He said he was bringing his . . . girlfriend." Bec freezes for about five seconds before she's shaking me while tears form in her eyes.

     "Why is he doing this to me?" She screams. I totally forgot that Key was here also until he wraps Bec in a hug. She cries into her shoulder for a long time while I explain, quietly, what had just happened. After I finish telling him he seems more confused, but that's only because he doesn't know the whole story. 


Flashback     

      Bec was standing out in her front yard, looking at everything for the last time. She thought about everything she was leaving behind . . . and who. She felt someone staring at her and turned around. There he was. Devon. He approached her slowly, as if she were a rabbit that would bolt any minute. He stopped a few feet from her and put out his hand.

     "Here's to the years you've been my friend." He said it with no emotion in his voice.

     "Dev." Bec said. "I'll come back. I promise."

     Her eyes started to water as he didn't reply. She suddenly hugs him while he stood there. Motionless. 

     With tears in her eyes, she kisses him. After a few seconds, Devon softens and kisses her back. "I've always loved you Devon," Bec says. "Don't forget that. And I promise to come back."

     "I know," he says, "I've loved you too. I'll wait. I promise this too you as you promise me." With that being said they kiss again, but Bec eventually gets into the taxi. As it drives away she looks out through the back window and watches as Devon's figure get smaller and smaller until she can't see it anymore.

 


Key's POV

     I have absolutely no I idea what I'm doing. Bec just seemed so hurt and unstable that I felt like I needed to comfort her. She cried into my shoulder for a long time. Long and loud enough for the others to come by the door and see us. I just shook my head at them and continued whispering to Bec. A half hour goes by before she finally stops. 

     "Bec-ah," I say. "Don't be sad. Everything will be alright. Whatever is happening I know you can pull through." She doesn't look at me, but she nods her head. I lift her head up with two fingers under her chin and repeat what I say. I become aware that our faces are inches apart and we've been in this position for a while. All I can do, though, is stare into her deep, broken, chocolate brown eyes.

     My hearts beating a little faster and I start to lean in. Bec closes her eyes and steps out of my embrace. Huh? What was I about to do? Bec softly pushes me out of her room and shuts the door behind me.

     What just happened? I'm about to go to my room when my Onew asks me what happened. I don't want to repeat myself, so I tell him to gather the guys. 

 

Onew's POV

     After Key told us what happened we tried to help him figure out what happened. Since Key didn't understand everything that was happening and Anna didn't explain further, we're all stuck wondering what happened. Who is this Devon person and what relation does he have with Bec? Did he hurt her in any way? If he did he better watch out then because I will not tolerate someone hurting my-

     My what? She's just a host. What does she mean to me? Why would I care? Am I . . . falling in love? No, no, no. That's impossible. I've barely known her. This is simply my curious and protective side coming out. 

     We split up to think about what might've caused such a big reaction from Bec. I'm thinking of all sorts of situations when I pass Bec's room. I now just realized that it was in the same hallway as ours. I take a peek in her room and surprised at what I see. From what Key told me earlier I expected her room to be a complete mess, but instead it looks like it did when I first saw it. Everything organized and in place. All her instruments lining one wall with a door on the right wall, probably leading to the bathroom. 

     I find it strange that she would clean her room after such an episode. Does she clean when she's nervous? Or maybe when she's stressed? Why am I even wondering about these things? I go into my room and plop onto my bed.

     I didn't realize how sleepy I was until I woke up with someone shaking me. "Onew!!" That sounded like Minho. "Bec is in the hospital!" Oh . . . that's nice. Bec is in the hos- . . . Wait. WHAT? I jump out of bed and get dressed while Minho explains the situation to me.

 


 

Author's Note:

You guys probably either hate me or love me right now. Bec had a past love? And he loved her back too? But now he brings a new girlfriend to her home? What's wrong with Devon? You guys will definitely hate devon in the next chapter. I already knows what happens. I apologize ahead of time.

Thank you people who subscribed. I hope you enjoyed my story!!! I might start another one soon. What do you think? Maybe one that's just mainly focused on one member?

~HAPPY READING!!!!