5

Secret Love

“Last time I checked you only had one ma and one pa.” Sejin swallowed as they entered the lunch hall.

“It’s a lunch meeting with the investors.” Lay explained and wrapped one arm around her waist as they walked in.

Sejin groaned silently as she put on a smile on her face.

“Act like you love me, Sejin.”

“Uhm, Yixing?”

“Shenme?”

“Ew.” She finished, Lay chuckled and greeted the people around them.

“Oh, it’s the future Mrs. Zhang!” One of directos greeted her.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” Sejin said politely.

Lay smiled and slowly let her go.

“You’ll have to pay me for this.” She said before stepping away.

“I won’t forget, now run along and help me socialize.”

 

Sejin was happily talking with one of the director’s wives when her phone began to ring.

“Hello?”

“Sejin-ah, Samsung just called me, you’re needed at their office.”

“Geurae?” Sejin automatically looked up in search for her bestfriend.

“They need you there. Could you drop by now?”

“Sure, give me twenty minutes.”

Sejin placed her phone in her purse and went to look for Lay.

“Lay, Lay, Lay, Lay, Lay.” She muttered as she went around the room, finally she saw him talking to a man in a grey suit.

“Wo de zouliao.(I have to go.)”

“Wae?” Yixing smiled and excused himself.

“Work.” She nodded, Lay wrapped one hand on her wrist and pulled her aside.

“The office called, Samsung’s director wants to speak with me.”

“Take the car.” Lay said as he produced the car keys from his pocket.

“See you later, Xingnicorn.” She beamed at him before leaving.

Lay shook his head and went back to talking with his colleague.

 

Kim Jongin walked in Samsung’s main lobby with his new assistant behind him, employees, especially the females, stared at him and started to giggle. Who wouldn’t?

Kai had the looks, brains and of course, he was Samsung’s successor. He had that certain air around him, it was electrifying and intense, just like his gazes.

He reached the top floor, wherein his office was located, he had just arrived from America, and was quite tired. Then he opened the door to his new office.

His eyes twitched.

“Who designed this place?” He asked his secretary.

 

Sejin arrived at the top floor and found the same secretary waiting for her, the young lady wordlessly led her to the office.

“Is something wrong?” Sejin finally asked.

“Director Kim arrived earlier than expected, ma’am.”

“The office is finished, we got it done two days earlier.”

“But-”

Sejin pushed the door open to the office.

The was when Kai started talking.

“Isn’t this place too colorful? Weren’t you given a sign or something that an adult is the one who’s going to be working here?” He asked hotly. Sejin didn’t even look at him as she started to fish out her Samsung Note from her purse.

“Any colors you prefer?” She asked as she walked further in room.

Kai was sitting on the orange couch disdainfully.

“Not too colorful.” He answered as he eyed the red office desk.

“Neutrals, blacks.” She nodded to herself as she wrote down.

Kim Jongin blinked, the lady who had just stepped in, the interior designer his company had hired did not even glance at him from the moment she stepped in.

“Do you prefer leather or synthetic fabrics?”

“It doesn’t matter as long as it doesn’t hurt my eyes.”

Sejin nodded, then she brushed her fingers on the pastel hued shelf.

“I think this is a good material, I’ll just have this repainted.” She said.

“Excuse me, but what were you thinking while you decorated this place? A kindergarten?”

That was when Sejin finally looked at Kai.

“Oh, I expected you to be...older.” She blurted, Kai smirked back.

“I wasn’t thinking of a kindergarten, your secretary told me I could do whatever I want with the space. I was quite surprised at first.” She nodded and put her phone back in her Chanel purse.

“I’ll have people come over to take care of everything. I’ll be back tomorrow, mister Kim.” She offered her hand.

Jongin nodded and shook her hand.

“I expected you to be older too.” He replied.

“Well, surprise surprise.” She nodded back before heading to the door.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++