13

Secret Love

 

“Yes, right there.” Sejin instructed as the men moved the shelf back. Everything was almost done, they were still waiting for the special office table ordered for Kai.

“Miss, what about the new coffee table?”

“Right beside the couch.” She replied as she checked her phone.

“And, please be careful with the glass mirrors.” She said politely.

 

Kai stepped out from his temporary office for lunch. He made his way to the elevator when he saw the doors to his original office were open.

He took a step closer to peek in, he saw Sejin talking with the workers.

He grinned and knocked on the door.

“Oh, director.” Sejin gave him a polite smile and turned to the workers again.

Kai watched as she changed from casual Sejin to her professional mode.

Soon the workers left for lunch, leaving Sejin taking some notes on her phone.

“Aren’t you eating lunch?” Kai asked suddenly, Sejin turned to him.

“I plan to, you?”

“Are you free?”

Sejin nodded.

“I’ll treat you lunch, since you showed me around last night.” He offered.

 

 

“I didn’t know you worked on weekends.” Kai said as the waiter left with their orders.

“Not on Sundays.” She shook her head, then her phone started to ring. Kai saw the screen.

YIXING

“Yixing?....Yes, I just ordered lunch...Mei you...I want all four of them, the yellow, pink, white and beige one.” She smiled cheekily.

Kai looked away, suddenly he felt odd.

He was eating lunch alone with an engaged woman, for crying out loud.

“Hao le, you too.” Sejin put her phone down.

“You’re not getting into trouble for eating out with another man, right?” Kai teased.

“Ani, I never got into trouble because of that.”

“So Lay must be a cool guy then.”

“Yup.” She nodded.

“Why are you alone with him? That’s not safe.” A voice joined them.

“Gege!” A smiled formed on Sejin’s lips.

“Hyung?” Kai turned.

“I heard Lay’s in Japan, and now you-”

“Ge, ta bu zhidao. (He doesn’t know.)” Sejin looked at him pointedly.

“Oh, anyway, why are you out with Luhan’s younger cousin?” He turned to Kai.

“Kris ge, join us.” Sejin pushed the other chair. Kris sat down.

“She’s my interior designer slash tour guide.” Kai grinned.

“Still not safe.” Kris shook his head.

“When did you get back-wait you two know each other?” Sejin blinked.

“Business school.” Kai shrugged, then a slim girl dressed in a pair of hot shorts and a v neck shirt walked to them.

“My friends asked me if I could get your number.” She leaned forward and locked eyes with Kai.

Sejin and Kris grinned.

Kai smiled back and took out a pen from his coat pocket, then he took the girl’s hand and wrote on his palm.

The girl blushed, but then she realized what Kai had written on her palm.

 

J

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++