31

Secret Love

 

“So, Sejin and Kai disappeared on us,” Sehun started and began to wiggle his brows. The group was enjoying a round of drinks at the garden.

“Really?” Chanyeol blinked and looked around them. Luhan shook his head.

“They get along well.” Kris nodded while glancing at Lay’s direction, he was seated beside Heejin.

Lay checked his wristwatch and bit his lower lip before glancing at the front gate.

“At least she’s not alone, besides she’s been living in this neighborhood since she was a child, she’ll be safe.” Kris added salt to the injury, he saw Lay’s frown deepen and tried to distract himself by talking to Heejin.

Sehun caught Kris’s smirk, then he blinked.

Something had changed.

 

“Do you think it’s okay now?” Sejin blinked as they stood before the front gate. They both noticed that everybody had left because the others’ cars could not be seen.

Kai chuckled and gently pushed her towards the gate.

“Just go on in, I’ll get going too.”

Sejin made a face at him.

“Good night, LG.” He grinned as he bent down to hug her briefly then he let go. Sejin blinked and nodded.

“Good night, don’t stress your foot too much!”

 

Sejin closed the front door behind her ad leaned on it.

“Having Kai around is a good thing, at least I have someone to talk to.”

She trudged towards the stairs, but then she noticed Lay sitting alone in the living room with a bottle of whiskey in front of him.

“You’re drinking?” She blinked, Lay rarely drinks.

She made her way towards him and sat beside her bestfriend.

“Where were you? You disappeared on us.”

Sejin looked at her palms, she glanced at his handsome face  and began to speak.

“I took a walk with Kai, you seem to need some time with Heejin.”

Lay put down his glass and looked at her.

“You’re always pushing me to her!” He snapped. Sejin blinked back.

“Dangranle, she’s your girlfriend.”

“You think I don’t know that? I rarely get to talk to you nowadays, you’re always with that Kim Jongin!”

Sejin sighed and grabbed the whiskey from the table, she stood up.

“I’m getting this, stop drinking.”

“See? You’re leaving me again! I wanted to talk you, Sejin.”

“You’re drunk, Yixing!”

Lay shook his head at her.

“We host this barbeque with our friends, then you leave with some man. And now when I want to talk to you, you evade me.”

“I am not evading, Yixing. I’m tired, I want to rest.”

“Sejin, wait.” Lay stood up and walked to her.

“Stop….being like this, you don’t talk to me anymore, you used to tell me about your day…and now..” He shook his head as if looking for the words he wanted to say. Sejin softened and looked at him.

“We’ve been busy, Yixing, that’s why.”

Yixing frowned and looked at her.

“I’m going to go sleep, don’t stay up.” She patted his cheeks before heading towards the stairs.

“Bao bei?” He called.

Sejin turned to him.

“Stop doing that.”

“Stop doing what?”

“Always pushing me to Heejin, stop doing that.”

Sejin swallowed and nodded.

“Got it, qin ai de.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++