45

Secret Love

 

Sejin arrived at their suite around eleven in the evening. She took off her coat and heels and padded towards the mini kitchen, then she paused.

Lay was seated on one of the barstools, half of his body was leaning on the counter top. Sejin sighed as she noticed the bottle of alcohol beside him.

“Why did you drink?” She muttered as she walked to him, then she bent down to look at his face, Lay was fast asleep.

“Yixing?” She nudged his shoulder, Lay just grumbled. Sejin poked his arm again.

“Xing Xing?” She asked, Lay frowned then he sat up slightly. He looked at Sejin with drowsy eyes then he smiled.

“Bao bei.” He whispered, Sejin sighed then placed his arm around her neck.

“Come on, time for bed. And you reek of alcohol.”

 

Sejin shook her head, giving up then she let Yixing drop on the couch. He groaned as he turned away from her.

“Drunk as hell.” She sighed again, then she studied his face.

Lay was never the type to drink, he can drink but he didn’t like getting drunk up to the point that he can’t support himself anymore.

She frowned, she knew something was wrong. But whatever Lay asked her earlier confused her. Of course he knew that they would always be together, she was his best friend after all.

Sejin stood up and turned towards her room, but she felt Lay’s fingers around her wrist.

“Stay.” He said, Sejin blinked and glanced at her. His eyes were closed but his grip on her wrist was firm.

“There’s not enough space, just rest for a while then go to your room.” She replied softly and tried to pry his fringers off, but then Lay just pulled her to him. She ended up sitting on his side, Lay smiled and pulled her beside him, letting her head rest on his arm.

“Can….we just stay like this even for a short time?” He asked as he gently wrapped one arm around her and buried his face on her hair. Sejin felt herself tense, she could only nod. Lay smiled and tightened his grip on her.

 

Luhan choked on his coffee as he read the day’s paper, then his phone started to ring.

“What is your cousin thinking?! What is happening?” It was Sejin’s mother on the phone.

“Auntie, I just…saw the news.” He said in disbelief.

“Luhan,” The elder sighed.

“I can’t reach her, can you call Sejin and ask her to come to the office?”

Luhan’s eyes were glued on the article and he shook his head.

 

Lay’s brows furrowed as he felt the sun’s rays hit his face, he slowly opened his eyes and found Sejin sleeping in his arms. He smiled softly and gently pushed her bangs away from her face.

“Good morning, Sejin.” He whispered, then he gently set her down. Sejin stretched, then she froze.

“Yixing?” She slowly sat up, Lay looked at her.

“Are you feeling better?” She asked as she put her feet down. Lay nodded at her. Then he looked away.

“Ya, what’s wrong?” She asked.

“Did I…stress you out?” He asked, Sejin just shook her head then she picked up her phone.

“I don’t know why you drank so much, but-” Sejin paused, then she dropped her phone. She turned to Lay, her eyes watering.

“You…”

Lay looked away.

“How…could you..” Sejin trailed off.

“It was the only way I can set you free, Sejin. I knew you wanted out, I told you I would help.”

“Why won’t you listen to me? I already told you I had a plan!”

“Yes you had! You were going let your parents disown you.” Lay snapped.

“I wasn’t, Yixing….you don’t understand…this…”

“I can’t let you suffer this, Sejin. You’ve done so much, endured so much.”

“What kind of crap are you saying?!” She shook her head and stood up.

“Why would release this? I told you I would be the one who would take the damage.”

ZHANG YIXING AND KIM SEJIN, ENDS ENGAGEMENT!

“I had to take the blow, Sejin.”

“This would affect the company.”

“What about LG? If you were to-”

“I’m not working for LG!” She looked away from him.

“You know what, this is good then, I should go.”

“Sejin-”

“Fix things with Heejin, I already feel guilty enough for being such a hindrance, and now you do this.”

“Don’t push me to her!” Lay spun her around by grabbing her room.

“She-”

“I don’t love her, not anymore.”

Sejin’s eyes widened.

“Because, it’s not her anymore.” Lay said in a low tone.

“Yixing, stop doing this.” Sejin tried to pull away, then Lay bent down to capture her lips.

 

“It’s you.”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++