23

Secret Love

 

Sejin mentally slapped her forehead as they walked towards Lay and Luhan.

“Nice to see you, mei.” Luhan quipped, Lay grinned at her and let them sit.

Kai watched as Sejin sat beside Lay and he took the seat beside Kris.

“Yixing.” Sejin grinned and poked his side.

“Fine, what do you want?”

“A cheeseburger and fries. And! Large diet cola.” She smiled.

Kai watched as they conversed, inded the two weren’t a couple, just best friends stuck in a difficult situation.

“Would you like something to eat?” Yixing turned to him.

“I’ll get it myself.” Kai stood up with him and they both walked towards the counter.

As soon as they left, Luhan and Kris turned to her.

“Shenme?” Sejin frowned.

“I always see you out alone with him, why is that?” Kris asked.

“Are you over Lay now?” Luhan countered, Sejin winced.

“Ge, he’s just a good friend. He knows already about me and Yixing-“

“What?! You told him-”

“Ge, it’s not like that. We were out once, then he saw Yixing and Heejin together. We had to…explain to him.” She bit her lip. Kris sighed and leaned back on his seat.

“Mei, you’re going to get hurt this way.” Luhan said.

“I’m fine, ge. At least I have someone to talk to now.”

“What are we, statues?” Kris looked at her.

“Well, you look like a statue ge.” She nodded solemnly.

“Ni-”

“What’s going on?” Lay placed a tray of food in front of Sejin, a few seconds later Kai came with his order.

“I was just telling Sejin that she should eat more.” Luhan grumbled, Lay shook his head and sat beside Sejin.

 

“So your cousin’s also okay with it?” Kai asked lowly as they stepped out of the restaurant.

“It’s not like he can do anything about it.” She shrugged, Kai nodded.

“I’ll give you a ride back to coffee shop, you left your car there.” Kai said.

“You should, you were the one who dragged me out!” She snapped, Kai chuckled.

“I know.” He grinned. Sejin was about to walk with him, but she heard Lay calling her.

“Sejin?”

Sejin turned and found him walking to them.

“We’re needed at the office.” Lay said.

“Why?” She asked, Kai looked at the two.

Yixing blinked, Sejin never questioned him before.

“We just need to go there.” He said.

“Yixing, I have to get my car back and why am I needed at your office anyway?” Sejin shook her head. Lay’s brows furrowed.

“I can drive her back to where her car was left, I kind of dragged her to this mess.” Kai explained.

Lay turned to him, his eyes hardened.

“No, it’s fine. She’ll come with me and we’ll get her car together.” Lay finished before pulling Sejin with him.

Kai watched as Lay’s black BMW pull away from the lot and it started to speed away. He shook his head before making his way back to his car.

 

“Okay, so, what is wrong with you?” Sejin asked, Lay’s grip on the steering wheel tightened.

“What are you thinking? You’re always out with him.”

Sejin looked away.

“What if people recognize you? That would just mean trouble!”

“Yixing,”

“Do you like him? If people start talking then it’s-”

“Don’t you always go out with Heejin?! Why are you ranitng on me!?” Sejin retorted, Lay exhaled and didn’t say anything.

“Wasn’t it your fault when Kai saw you out at the mall with her? Why are you getting so worked up?” Sejin looked at him.

“I don’t trust him.” He replied.

“I don’t care.” Sejin quipped.

 

As soon as the two stepped in Lay’s office they froze. Heejin was inside the office as well as Lay’s parents.

“Ma, Pa.” Yixing was the first one to move.

Sejin looked at Heejin then back to Lay’s parents.

“Zhang Yixing, would you like to explain to us, what this is?” Mrs. Zhang tossed a magazine on Lay’s desk.

Heejin looked away, as soon Sejin saw the magazine’s cover she winced.

 

“And why is this woman here?”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++