24

Secret Love

 

 

On the magazine’s cover was a photo of Lay and Heejin walking at a certain park while holding hands.

“Everyone’s talking about this!” His mother snapped, Sejin chose to stay quiet.

“And now we go to your office and find this woman here? What is wrong with you?”

Mr. Zhang was standing by the window, just listening.

“Sejin-ah, do…you know about this?” He finally turned to Sejin.

“Shi de, wo zuo de.(Yes, I do.)”

“If you’re not going to fix this-”

Mr. Zhang shook his head at his wife and turned to his son.

“What are you thinking? You know full well of our tradition.”

Yixing looked way.

“You are getting married to Sejin, I can’t accept this woman in our family whether you like it or not.”

“Pa-”

“I won’t accept her, she can’t even understand us.”

“Buyao jin, gei wo(It doesn’t matter to me)! ” Yixing retorted.

Heejin stood up, Sejin reached for her shoulder.

“Pa, Ma-”

“No, you will not defend Yixing, Sejin. We know what’s going on here.”

Sejin looked away and bit her lip.

“Miss Lee, please show yourself out, this is a family matter.”

 

 

Kai stared at the picture in front of him, he was inside his newly furnished office.

“How did this happen?” He asked to himself, then he remembered Sejin.

“This is going to be difficult for her.” He murmured, then the doors opened.

“Sejin?” He stood up.

“I needed and escape, don’t tell anyone here.” She said, then he noticed tears starting to fall on her cheeks.

Kai shook his head at her and walked towards to where she was.

“Sejin, don’t cry. I’m sure we can fix-”

“I can’t do this anymore, Kai.”

Kai just sighed and wrapped his arms around her.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure-”

“I just had a fight with Yixing then now his parents are yelling at him. And….partly I’m at fault too.”

 

“I have no idea who took that photo.” Sejin said, she was seated on one of couches inside Kai’s office.

“What you mean by…you being at fault?”

“If only I didn’t encourage him to spend more time with her, this wouldn’t have happened. Yixing always asked my opinions on this, I usually just tell him to do whatver he wants.”

“It’s not your fault, Sejin. They just got caught in a wrong time.”

“No, if only I didn’t keep on pushing them to spend time together, this wouldn’t have happened.”

“What are you saying?”

“They usually spend time at our house, eating, talking and stuff. But there are times that I feel uncomfortable about it, so I tell them to eat out or watch a movie. See? If only I didn’t-”

“Why are you blaming yourself?” Kai sighed and looked at her intently.

“Their relationship is in danger because of me, and I don’t like that. I’ve already become such a hindrance to them.”

“You’re not. This deal you have with Lay is because of your parents forcing you to marry him. No one is at fault, not you.”

“I don’t know how to face Yixing.”

“Well, we can always call for take out and eat dinner here, right?” Kai tried to brighten up her mood.

“Maybe, but thanks for putting up with me, Kim Jongin. I think I need to go to my cousin, he has been calling me nonstop.” She slowly stood up, Kai nodded and did the same.

 

“Anytime, Sejin.” He smiled and squeezed her hand before she left.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++