37

Secret Love

 

Kai rubbed his temples as his father lectured him.

“With an engaged woman too!” Mr. Kim bellowed.

“It was just a friendly lunch, abeoji.”

“Friendly?” He scoffed as he glanced at the photo of Kai and Sejin eating together.

“Abeoji, do you even know who this girl is?”

“Zhang Empire’s fiance.”

“Yes, she is. But she’s also LG’s daughter.” Kai replied. His father’s eyes widened.

“It…was a business meeting lunch. I’ve been planning to make a collaboration with LG.” Kai fibbed.

 

Sejin sat down on the dining table quietly, Lay was across her, already having his breakfast.

“I have to meet my parents later, I won’t be able to join you for lunch.” She murmured, Lay looked up and handed her the day’s newspaper.

Sejin’s eyes widened.

“I don’t know what happened, Kai must have lied or something.”

SAMSUNG AND LG TO COLLBORATE?

Below the headline was a photo of her and Kai having lunch.

“Collaborate?” She blinked and checked the time.

Lay set down his utensils and wiped his lips with the napkin.

“I have to drive to work.” He said before standing up, Sejin frowned and looked at him, then she stood up.

“Yixing wait.”

 

 

Lay paused and looked at her.

“Duibuqi, I know I should have told you earlier, but let’s just stop this.” Sejin said as she walked to him.

Lay looked at her, his eyes void of any emotion.

“What if I don’t want to?”

“You have to, Yixing. People are going to get hurt around us if we don’t.”

Lay shook his head.

“It doesn’t have to this way, Sejin.”

“We can’t have this in both ways, Yixing.” She smiled, Lay frowned and opened his arms to her.

“But I don’t like it.” He murmured, Sejin smiled and let him wrap his arms around her.

“We have to accept this, we saw this coming, remember?”

 

 

“Fine, you really want that?” Mr. Kim looked at his daughter.

“Yes, abeoji.”

Luhan frowned from the background and just sat down.

“You can do that, but you have to attend the Electronics Convention in Japan with Yixing before you quit the engagement. Luhan cannot go this year, he has appointments to go to.”

Sejin nodded politely, his father smiled lightly and squeezed her hand.

“Be strong, Sejin.”

 

Heejin looked away and glanced at the trees around them, she was with Lay at a nearby park.

“I’m sorry, Heejin.” Lay murmured.

“You love her.” She stated. Lay frowned.

“When did it start?” She asked softly while containing her tears.

“Ever since I felt that I was going to lose her to Kai.” Lay looked down, Heejin shook her head.

“Heejin,”

“I…understand, you two have always had this bond…I can’t even compare to or…understand.”

Lay’s frown deepened.

“Don’t be sorry. I…understand. Just….tell Sejin how you feel before it’s too late.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++