17

Secret Love

 

 

Kai watched as the teasing smile on Sejin’s face disappear. He glanced at the man who had just walked in.

“Let’s go.” Lay took her hand and began to pull her away.

“Can I at least say hi?” The man said, Luhan’s brows furrowed and glanced at his cousin.

Sejin bit her lip, then she looked at Kai.

“We need to go. I promised I’d show him around the city.” She blurted, Kai’s eyes widened then he felt Sejin pulling on his sleeve.

 

“I became your scapegoat.”

Lay chuckled as they walked out of the hall. Sejin smiled at him apologetically.

“Well?”

“I don’t want to talk to that person.” She said simply, Lay glanced at her.

“You still up for showing him around?” He asked, Sejin looked at Kai.

“I’m offering.” She  smiled, Kai shook his head.

“Really though, Jongin-ssi, let us show you around. Since Sejin used you as her....alibi.” Lay smiled.

Kai stared at the two of them.

“Has anyone ever mentioned that you two dont act like a couple?” He blurted. Lay smiled.

“We get that a lot.” Sejin shrugged, then she tugged on Kai’s sleeve.

“Where to? Han River?”

 

In the end, Kai persuaded Sejin that she need not to show him around and he wanted to be out from the party anyway.

“That person, you’re comfortable with him.” Lay said as he maneuvered around Gangnam with ease. Sejin nodded from her seat.

“I think he’s okay.”

“He’s supposed to be your rival you know.” Lay smiled.

“Will you make me kimchi ramen when we get home?” Sejin turned to him, Lay sighed.

“Why didn’t you eat at the party?”

“I kept on chatting with everyone. It’s been a while since we gathered like that.”

 

Kai watched as the silver Bentley speed away from him.

“An odd couple indeed.” He shook his head, then he saw Luhan standing just a few meters from him.

“They are odd.” He nodded back, Kai looked at him.

“Don’t worry, Sejin doesn’t really care about people who talk to themselves, she’s like that too.” Luhan grinned at him before slipping in his car.

“An odd cousin too.” Kai murmured as he walked to his car.

 

Sejin sat on one of the kitchen stools as Lay cooked. She smiled as she watched his back, Lay was concentrating as he put all the ingredients on the pot.

“Are you okay?” He suddenly spoke, Sejin frowned.

“I am, just hungry.”

Lay faced her and bent down to her face.

“I meant another thing, seeing him there-”

Sejin shook her head at him, Lay smiled and gently wrapped his arms around her.

“Don’t think too much about that person.”

Sejin smiled and pulled away.

“I know, thanks Yixing.”

“Anytime, bao bei.”

“Stop it!”

 

Luhan shook his head as he remembered Kim Jongin. At first he didn’t really take notice of him, but then he noticed that this person kept on looking at his cousin.

And Luhan knew what those looks meant.

He had a feeling that something might brew up soon.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++