34

Secret Love

 

 

 

Kai looked up and saw Sejin smiling at him.

“I was getting some take out, my cousin’s are over at my place.” He grinned back and nodded at Lay.

“Ah, really? I was hoping you could join us.”

“Maybe tomorrow? Lunch?” Kai asked. Sejin nodded.

“I’m not forgetting that, Samsung.”

“Of course you won’t LG, see you around.” He smirked at her and gave her hand a squeeze.

 

Lay shook his head as the waiter took off with their order.

“Hungry.” Sejin pouted and leaned on her elbows.

“What have you been doing lately? New projects?” Lay asked her.

“Just a few condos and two apartments, it’s okay, nothing too stressing.”

“How about you?” Sejin blinked at him, Lay smiled and stretched his arms.

“I’m okay, some thinkgs have been confusing me lately.”

“Xiang shenme?(Like what?)”

“Things…issues.”

“Stocks?” She grinned playfully. Lay rolled his eyes at her.

“Seriously, bao bei? I was being sentimental.”

“We don’t do sentimental, qin ai de.”

Lay smiled, his dimple showing, and pinched her cheek.

“You really are hungry.”

 

Kai frowned and turned away from the glass windows, seeing Sejin smile and laugh with Lay hurt him. And he knew why.

He tried to stop himself, but there was just something about the LG heiress that he found so captivating.

He shrugged to himself and walked towards his car.

 

“What is happening, mei?” Luhan asked as his cousin stepped in his office. Sejin blinked at him in confusion.

“What are you saying ge?”

“That person, Kai.”

“What about him?” Sejin sat down.

“You think no one notices? You like him.” Luhan said bluntly. Sejin balked.

“Ge, no. He’s just a good friend. I realized that it can’t be Yixing always, he might be my best friend but he’s also taken. I can’t just…call him up and ask him to-”

“See? You said it, it can’t Yixing always.”

Sejin frowned.

“Kai to me is…someone I can talk to…someone I can trust.”

“What about Lay?”

She shook her head.

“Yixing….is someone….I can’t seem to forget, ge.”

Luhan bit his lip guiltily, he knew Sejin was suffering but he was worried for her.

“I never had trouble in getting what I want ge, but this time….I don’t know what I want.”

“Mei,”  Luhan stood up and sat next to her.

“Heejin and Yixing, they’re not in good terms because of me. Even though I want to talk to Yixing, I can’t because I might disturb them.” She shook her head, Luhan made her lean on him and wrapped one arm around her.

“Sometimes, I think I should just end this engagement but that wont be fair to Yixing.”

“If you’re hurting like this, mei. End it.”

Sejin shook her head.

 

“I’d rather be numb ge, it’s easier that way.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++