47

Secret Love

 

 

 

Luhan watched as Sejin made her way towards the office, then he heard the elevator doors open, Lay ran towards her.

Luhan blinked, but then he smiled and turned away.

 

Sejin squared her shoulders as she faced the double doors.

If she went in and spoke to her parents, then the engagement would finally be over.

She smiled lightly and reached for the knob, but the next thing she knew she was pinned against the wall.

 

Sejin’s eyes widened as she realized who had grabbed her.

“Zhang Yixing!”

Lay shook his head at her.

“No, Sejin. Don’t’.”

“I’m…setting you free. I know, you’re having a hard time-”

“Why wont you listen to me? How many times do I have to say it?”

Sejin just tensed and tried to break free, but Lay gripped on her wrist tighter.

“You’re driving me crazy, do you hate me that much?”

“Yixing, I don’t hate you, I just don’t like you having a difficult time-”

“Difficult time?” Lay laughed bitterly. Sejin swallowed and looked away.

“What do I have to do so that you would believe me, Sejin?”

“Believe what?”

“That I love you!”

 

Sejin froze and looked up.

“Yixing-”

“I can’t imagine how I would be if…you left. It might be too late to say this, but I need you in my life, bao bei. Not just my best friend, but…as mine.”

Sejin shook her head at him.

“Yixing, I-”

“It just took me time to realize how important you were to me, and now that I know I can’t lose you. I’m not letting go.” With that, Lay dropped his hands from her wrists. Sejin just stared at him.

“Geuraesso, please….dont do this.”

“You…already released the statement.” Sejin stuttered.

Lay shook his head.

“It’s just paper, Sejin. I don’t care.”

“The company-”

Lay looked at her eyes, Sejin froze.

“I don’t care about the company, Sejin. I..just need an answer.”

“I….always saw you as a man, Yixing. Ever since we were in college.” She stated, Lay froze.

“After our parents told us that we’re supposed to marry each other, I felt bad. I knew…you would be hurting because of Heejin. But…I,”

“Is this because of Jongin?” Lay asked softly.

“No, Kai and I…we’re just friends.” She smiled, then she looked at Lay.

“The truth is, I’ve always liked you, Xingnicorn.” She smiled and looked up.

Lay exhaled and gently wrapped his arm around her.

 

“I love you, bao bei. And I’m not letting go.”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++