⤜Chapter Forty: Back Again⤛

Arranged Marriage to Mr. Nam Woohyun

You sat in your office. Binders and papers of all sorts laid out on your desk. You stared at the papers in front of you. You had no motivation to touch nor read them. You wondered why Woohyun had left the way he did. You looked at the top drawer on your desk for a few minutes, before opening it. A yellow envelope slept on top of the other important papers in the drawer. You pulled out the envelope then closed the drawer. 
You took out the papers from the envelope. 
It was the divorce papers. 
Your eyes slowly trailed to the bottom on the paper. 

It was his signature. As much as you tried to hold them in, you knew you weren't strong. A tear rolled down on your right cheek. You were angry and upset. You were angry that you pushed him away when all he wanted was to remember you. You were angry that you didn't fight enough for your love. You were angry that you were selfish. The only question you had in mind was why did he sign the papers.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

You quickly wiped the tears away and inserted the papers back into the envelope before putting them back in the drawer. You straightened up. 
"Come in." You said. 
The door slowly opened. You looked at the person that entered the room. 
"Suho-shi." 
He smiled at you. 
"Surprise!" He joked, giving you a smile.
"Hi. What bring you here?" You asked him, as you stood up from your seat. 
"Just wanted to make sure you were okay." He said as he approached your desk. 
"I'm fine, thanks." You replied. 
"Are you, really?" 
His question made you think again, making you look at him a little different this time. 
"Yea. I'm ... okay." You lied again.
Suho looked at your desk and noticed how clutter it had become. 
"You've been distracted." He said. 
You gave him a "what do you mean?" look. 
Suho pointed at your desk, making you look at your desk. 
"O-oh, the company's been a little busy. That's all." You told him, as you tried to stack the binders and papers into its own pile. 
Suho grabbed your wrist, stopping you. You looked at him.
"You should rest." 
"No, I'm good. Everything's alright." 
"You're bothered by something. I can tell." 
"I'm fine, really. I-I..." You couldn't find the right words to hide your true feelings. Every day, Woohyun ran through your mind. You thought of every possible outcome. 
"I know he loves you." Suho said, which caught you by surprised. 
"W-what?" 
"Why didn't you tell him?" Suho asked. 
"Suho-shi, how could I?" Your voice broke. Again, the tears you tried to hold in rolled down your cheeks. 
"Suho-shi, why would he want me? Why would he want a woman like me to stand by his side? When all I've done was cause him pain." 
Suho pulled you into a hug. 

➽─────────❥

A YEAR LATER

"------, I think you should go out." 
You looked up from your food and at your mom. 
"Why, Mom? Why so sudden?" 
"You should get some air." 
"I'm fine. Why?" 
"I know you haven't cleared your mind yet." 
You set your chopsticks down and looked away from your mom. 
"------, take a vacation." 
"I'm fine. I'll be in my room." You said, before getting up to leave the dinner table. 
You closed your door and sat by the window, looking outside. The sun was setting low. 
Where are you, Woohyun? 
Every time you thought of his name, your heart aced. You've thought of every outcome, but wondered why you didn't think of them at the time. You thought about your mom's advice. 

Should I?
➽─────────❥
"Stay safe, okay? Call me when you get there." Your mom said, as she gave you a hug. 
"Don't worry. I will." You smiled at her. 
You turned around and gave your mom one last wave, before proceeding to the gate. 

➽─────────❥
You walked down the aisle, looking for your seat. 
Once you found your seat, you opened the compartment. Just before you could grab your luggage and insert the bag in the compartment, someone had grab your luggage for you. For a second, your heart raced. You turned your head to look at the person to make sure it wasn't the person you were thinking of. The person looked back at you.
"I got it for you." The guy smiled. 
Even though you were a little confused, you bowed your head and smiled at him. 
"Thank you." You said. 
You sat down by the window and looked out. 
It reminded you of Woohyun. 
Aish, forget him. Forget him. Forget him. 
You told yourself. 
The guy sat next to you, making you look at him for a few seconds. He looked back at you. 
"So, you're heading to Japan?" 
You nodded your head. 
"Tokyo?" 
"Yea, and you?" 
"Tokyo, as well." He smiled. 
"If you're tired, you can rest. I will wake you up when we land." He said. 
"Ah, yes. Thank you." You replied, then look back outside. You released a deep sigh. 

➽─────────❥
You walked out of the airport. 
"Be careful out there." 
You turned around and realized it was the same guy who sat next to you in the plane. 
"Thank you. Same goes to you." You gave him a small smile. The guy smiled and then walked to his car. 
You entered the car and closed your eyes. Soon, the driver drove off. 

➽─────────❥
"Ma'am, we're here." 
You opened your eyes and looked outside. You looked back at the driver and thanked him. 
You rolled your luggage out and looked at the hotel. It was the same hotel you last visited with him. You took a deep breath before making your way to the front entrance. 

"One room for ------" You said in Japanese to the girl. 
"Your last name?" 
"Jung."
The girl searched it in her system, then she looked back at you. 
"I'm sorry, we don't have a ----- Jung." She gave you an apologetic look. You were confused. 
"One minute please." You asked. 
You remembered your mom sent you to hotel reservation link. You quickly pulled it up and looked at the name your mom registered. You froze for a second. 
"Is it Nam?" The girl asked.
You looked up at the girl. 
"Huh?" 
"We have a ------ Nam. Is that you?" She asked. 
"Ahh, yes. ------ Nam." You repeated.
Within a few seconds, she handed over you the cards to your room. 
"Enjoy your stay." She smiled at you.

You opened the door and looked around. You set your luggage aside and walked to the balcony. The air of Japan brought back a lot of memories. 
"No, I'm here for a vacation. Let's have fun!" You told yourself. 
You walked out, grabbing your wallet and phone. 

➽─────────❥
You walked out of the elevator and made your way towards the front entrance. You looked down for a second as you checked the time on your phone, only to be bumped by someone. The girl dropped her stuff on the floor. 
"I'm so sorry!" You apologized. You quickly helped her grab her belongings on the floor. You glanced up and looked across the hotel. 
Woohyun? 
You thought. You handed her stuff to her quickly. You got up and ran quickly to the front entrance. Just as you pushed the doors opened, you saw the man enter his car. You quickly ran towards the car, but you were a little too late. 
You tried catching your breath. 
Woohyun-ah, was that you? 
You thought. 
You ran back inside the hotel and to the reception. You panted, trying to catch your breath. 
"How can I help you?" The girl asked in Japanese. 
"Nam Woohyun. Is there someone named Nam Woohyun staying here?" You asked her in broken Japanese. 
The girl searched in her system. 
"I'm sorry. There's no Nam Woohyun." The girl looked at you, apologetically. 
"Are you sure?" 
"I'm sorry." 

You smiled at the girl and thanked her. You turned around and walked back outside. 
Maybe it wasn't him. 
You told yourself. 

➽─────────❥
You walked down the streets of Tokyo; your mind was filled with thoughts of Woohyun. Now, you were wondering if that person was really Woohyun. The fact was that he was always on your mind since the day he left. Your deep thoughts were interrupted when your phone rang.

"Hello?" 
"------ah, have you arrived?" 
"Ah, yes, mom! I was going to call you." You spoke on the phone with your mom while walking along the bridge you and Woohyun once walked on. You were half listening to your mom while the other half was on Woohyun. 

"------" 
"W-what did you say?" You asked again, snapping out of your thoughts.
"Did you hear what I said?" 
"N-no, I was crossing the street." You lied. You've been distracted since the morning. 
"I said to be careful while you're there. Go clear your mind. I know this past months have not been the same for you." Your mom repeated. 
"Ah, yes. Thank you, Mom! I'll talk to you later." You answered. You ended the call and continued your walk. 

It brought you back to those walks with Woohyun. This time it felt different without him. 
You approached the same bridge you both walked on. You looked out the the calming lake that rested under the bridge. You saw a few sailing boats sailing in the water. In some ways, it was very therapeutic. You looked left and right to see other tourists and Japanese looking at the same sight you were looking at. You smiled when you saw small families together. You thought of what might you and Woohyun could become. 

You turned your head again to look at the other people who was admiring the view, then you turned back to admire it with them.
Wait?
You quickly looked at each of the tourists again. 
"Woohyun?" You whispered. 
Just as you managed to say his name, the man turned away from the sight and continued his walk, walking further away from you. You took a few steps back and tried to get a glimpse of the man, who wore a navy suit.  

You couldn't miss this chance. You quickly ran and pushed past the people that were in your way. You grabbed the man's arm. 



"Woohyun?"

_______________________________________________
I hope you guys are enjoying the new edits! Pictures do not belong to me. Credits to the rightful owners. Happy Reading! Please send lots of love to Infinite. [WARNING]:WOOHYUN/INFINITE SPAM BELOW

[Notes]: I have a new book uploaded onto this site and Wattpad. I am so excited to be writing a new story for you guys. It stars Wi Ha Joon X You, with Lee Soo Hyuk and Cha Eun Woo. This book has its twists and turns. It will be different from this book. I hope you guys give it some love too. You can find the book by clicking on the on cover. Thanks for the support!

(01.19) Shoutout to a lovely commenter @hakimmj and a few new subscribers @
Cincotres @InspiritChinita
♡Much love♡

This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "Arranged Marriage to Mr. Nam Woohyun" or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to subscribe, upvote, and comment below! For every comment you write, I will send you two (2) karma points:)

-Inspirit_07

WOOHYUN/INFINITE SPAM