⤜Chapter Twenty-Five: Suspicion⤛

Arranged Marriage to Mr. Nam Woohyun

You woke up from your sleep. Woohyun slept on the couch in the same position as last night. On the other hand, you were still holding onto his hand. You looked at him, before you slowly released your grip from his. Just as you got up, you looked at the yellow envelope that was on the table. You picked it up and walked upstairs to your room. You sat on your bed and stared at it for a while. 

"For the best." 
You placed the envelope inside one of the drawers of the desk. You freshened up before walking back downstairs to cook some porridge for Woohyun. 
After you finished, you placed the porridge in the fridge.
You glanced at Woohyun, before making your way to the front door to go out for a jog. The moment you stepped outside, you stretched a bit and then inserted your ear buds in. You opened the gate and began walking. You wanted to think about how you were going to tell your parents, his parents, and most importantly leave him. You knew that July was just around the corner. 
One more month.

You tried to cheer up. You started your jog and turned up the music. You thought about the good times you and Woohyun had together. You smiled thinking about them. You thought about how sweet of a guy he really was. You were so into your thoughts, you had forgot to look at traffic. The pedestrian lights turned red, signaling for pedestrians to stop. Just as the cars were ready to press on their gas pedals and you were about to take a step onto the crosswalk, someone grabbed your arm, swinging you into their embrace.
Behind, the cars drove as soon as the lights turned green. 

Time seemed to stop. You looked at the person who pulled you away from the crosswalk. You broke eye contact and looked at the street to see cars driving up to 45 mph. You looked back at him for a second. You backed out of his arms, and pulled out your earbuds. You weren't sure if your heart was racing because you almost killed yourself, or if it was because he was there to protect you. 

"Woohyun-ah, what are you doing here?" You asked him. 
Woohyun looked at you, worriedly. 
"What do you mean? You almost got yourself killed." 
You didn't respond and looked away.
"Can you be careful next time?" Woohyun asked. After the words the children told him, he sensed a feeling that you guys had something special before.
"Are you hurt?" He asked, making your eyes meet his. 
".......I didn't ask for your help. You should go back home and recover." You told him, giving him an annoyed face. 
Be mean. It'll be easier for him to let me go.
You thought.
You walked to the crosswalk and waited for the pedestrian light to turn green. Woohyun stood there, confused. He knew he couldn't just let you go. 
Woohyun walked next to you and stood there. 
You looked at him, giving him an annoyed look, even though that was not how you felt. 
Woohyun noticed that you were looking at him, making him turn to look at you. 
"What?" He asked. 
"Go home." You told him. 
"I'm going for a jog." He replied. 
"So you're going this way too?" You asked, crossing your arms. 
"In fact, I am." 

You let out a frustrated sigh. You backed away from the crosswalk and decided to continue your jog down the sidewalk, inserting your earbuds back in. Woohyun noticed that and quickly jogged up to you. From your peripheral
view, you knew that Woohyun was jogging along with you, which made you stop. You pulled out your earbuds angrily. To make the divorce as smooth as possible, you didn't want him to remember you at all. You wanted to show him that you guys were nothing special. 
"Didn't you say you were going the other way?" You asked him, furrowing your brows. 
"I changed my mind. I'm going this way too." He replied. 
You took a deep breath before inserting the earbuds back in and continuing your jog. 

As you approached a bench, you looked back to see how far Woohyun was. You took out your earbuds and looked for him. Woohyun was no longer behind you. 
"Where did he go?" You asked yourself. You looked around for him. 

"------?" 
You turned around to be greeting by Suho. He was also in his jogging outfit, with a towel draped around his neck. 
"Suho-shi? What are you doing here?" You asked him. 
"Just out for a jog. What about you?" Suho asked, pulling the towel down from his neck. "Is Woohyun not here with you?" Wiping down his sweat. 
"Woohyun?" 
Suho looked at you. "Yea, Woohyun. Is he not here?" 
"I think he's just behind." you chuckled. 
"Ohh." Suho chuckled along. 
"I've been meaning to ask you. I'm not sure if you know about it, but recently I had a meeting with Woohyun. He acted a little weird. Do you perhaps know if anything happened?" Suho asked. 
"A meeting? What kind of meeting?" You asked, trying to avoid that question. You knew how much Woohyun disliked Suho. 
"Business meeting. A few big companies, like Woohyun's and mine, will be traveling to Japan to discuss some serious projects. I was just a little surprised Woohyun couldn't recall our previous meeting." Suho mentioned. 
"Japan? When are you guys leaving to Japan?" You asked him. 
"Next week." 
You were caught by surprised. 
"Oh, Woohyun haven't told me anything yet." You replied. 
"Oh, maybe I wasn't suppose to tell you then." Suho chuckled. You smiled at him. "Well, is Woohyun well?" 
"Actually, Woo----" 
You were interuppted when Suho's phone rang. 
"I'm sorry. I have to take this call real quick." Suho smiled, walking away and answering his call. 

You sat on the bench for a few minutes, waiting for Suho to come back. Just as you were about to pull out your phone, someone had handed a drink to you. 
"Thank  you, Su----" 
You looked at the person. The person that offered you the drink was not Suho. Instead, it was Woohyun. You jolted up from your seat. 
"I thought you went home." 
"Take it." Woohyun said, pushing the drink to you. 
"I don't want it." You said, looking away at the river in front of you. 
Woohyun smiled at how stubborn you were. 
"Yah, take it." 

The "yah" part threw you off. He haven't said that word ever since he lost his memories of you. You looked at him, surprised. 
"....I said I don't want it." You furrowed your brows. Just as you looked away, Suho held a drink in front you. 
"Drink this." Suho insisted, holding the bottle of water in front of you. 
Woohyun looked at Suho, a little annoyed. 

You were now in between two men, offering you a drink. 
"----- likes to drink vitamin water. She doesn't drink water, water." Woohyun said. 
You looked back at Woohyun, surprised. 
Does he remember me?
Woohyun gave you a wink when noticed that you looked at him. Thankfully, with the help of Infinite, they were able to tell him a few things that you liked; one of them being your love for vitamin water.
"It looks like she doesn't want your drink." Suho commented. 
Be mean.
You thought.
"Suho's right. I don't want your drink." You said, looking at Woohyun's eyes. You turned back to look at Suho and gave him a small smile. Just as you were about to take Suho's water, Woohyun placed the drink in the hand that was about to accept Suho's drink. You were surprised with Woohyun's action.
"She drinks vitamin water." Woohyun said again, looking at Suho. 
Suho smiled at Woohyun, and then at you. He handed you the drink. 
"Let's catch up later." Suho said. 
"Thank you." You gave Suho a smile, and with that, Suho jogged off. You turned around to look at Woohyun. Woohyun intensely stared at Suho jog off. 

"Are you still drunk?" You asked him. 
Woohyun broke the contact and looked at you. 
"Drunk? Who said I was drunk?" Woohyun asked you. 
"You definitely have not sober up yet." You said, sitting on the bench, placing both drinks next to you. Woohyun looked at you and then made the decision to squeeze next to you, throwing you off. 
"Y-yah!" You stuttered, moving over a bit for Woohyun. You looked at him for a second. Before you could even stand up, Woohyun pulled you close to him. He rested his head on your shoulder. 
"W-woohyun, what are you doing?" You asked him. You were too scared to let him hear your heart raced. Woohyun held tight onto your arm, as he closed his eyes. 
You guys sat there for a good minute or so in that position. You wanted that moment to stay forever like that. 

"I want to remember you." Woohyun said. 
"Don't. There's nothing between us that you need to remember." You answered him. 

Woohyun lifted his head from your shoulder and looked at you. You could feel his piercing eyes looking at you, which made you turn to look at him. 
"Why don't you want me to remember us?" Woohyun asked you. 
You could feel that the atmosphere had gotten more serious. In fact, there was no answer to that question.

"Because...there's nothing special about it." You told him, breaking the eye contact.
Woohyun knew you were lying. There had to be something special about it, unless you were planning other things. 
"That's not a valid reason. Until you find a good one, I won't stop trying to remember you." Woohyun told you, making you look back at him. 
"Why are you so stubborn?" You asked him. 
Woohyun looked down your hand. He held it, making you surprised. As you tried to break away from his grip, he interwined both of your hands together. 
"What are you doing? Let go." You said, struggling to break free. He looked at your hand. 
"If we're nothing, then why do you still have the ring on?" Woohyun asked, looking at you. 
Once he asked that, you stopped struggling. 

"W-what?" 
"Why are you still wearing the ring, if there's nothing special?" Woohyun asked again. 
"You think I want to wear it?" 

You forcefully released your hand from Woohyun's. Woohyun was surprised at how strong you were. 
"I don't want to wear it. I'm only wearing it because I have to." You told him. You got up from the seat and removed the ring in front of him, making him stand up from his seat as well. You grabbed his hand and placed the ring on the palm of his hand. 
"Keep it." You said, before leaving.

Woohyun looked at the ring. Your actions started validating his sense that you guys were special. He felt that you were hiding away something from him. As much as he wanted to remember you, nothing came up. He only saw cloudy images of a girl, who he wasn't sure of. 
Woohyun turned around to see you walking away. 
Just then, a phrase came up in his mind. 

"'Even if you leave me, I will always find you.'" Woohyun whispered. 
Woohyun thought for a while. Where did I say this? Have I said that before? 

The more he thought about that phrase, the more frustrated he got. He looked at your figure get smaller and smaller. Woohyun decided to jog up to you. 

Meanwhile, you wiped away the tears that streamed down your cheeks. If anything, it felt hard to leave him, especially that he was questioning about the marriage. You took a deep breath and wiped away the last tears. Just then, Woohyun grabbed your arm, turning you around to face him. 
"Even if you leave me, I will always find you." Woohyun said, panting. 
"What?" You asked. You were confused. Was he remembering you? 
"I told you that, right?" 
You couldn't say yes. 
"....no. What are you talking about?" You managed to say. 
Woohyun was frustrated. Not that he sense you were lying, but the fact that he couldn't remember who he said it to. 
Woohyun let out a sigh. 

"I'm going to Japan next week. Come with me." 
"I'm not going with you." 
"You will." 
"I don't want to go with you." 
"Why not?" 
"Because----" 
"There's nothing special between us?" Woohyun finished your sentence. 
"Right. There's nothing special, so I don't need to go with you." You said. Just as you turned away from him, Woohyun pulled you back to look at him. 
"You said that we are only acting. Why are you scared of going with me?" Woohyun asked you. 
You were speechless. You didn't know what to say to him. 
Woohyun took your hand and placed the ring back in your posssession. 
"Wear it because we'll be acting for a while." Woohyun said, emphasizing the word "acting". He walked away first, leaving you there with the ring on your palm. You let out a frustrated sigh. The more he acted that way, the harder it was for you to leave him. 

 

_______________________________________________
I hope you guys are enjoying the new edits! Pictures do not belong to me. Credits to the rightful owners. Happy Reading! Please send lots of love to Infinite. [WARNING]:WOOHYUN/INFINITE SPAM BELOW♡ 

[Notes]: Hey, are you guys following Woohyun on IG? I'm telling you guys, he's been posting lots of love on his story. Make sure you guys are following him on IG @nwh91 

This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "Arranged Marriage to Mr. Nam Woohyun" or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to subscribe, upvote, and comment below! For every comment you write, I will send you two (2) karma points:)

-Inspirit_07

WOOHYUN/INFINITE SPAM





(
Our heart machine♡)