⤜Chapter Twenty-Three: Promises⤛

Arranged Marriage to Mr. Nam Woohyun

After what Woohyun did, you couldn't stop thinking about it. On the other hand, Woohyun didn't think much of it. He began speaking with the guys again, and you listened to the stories. 

"Well, it's getting late. We should head back and you two should rest." Sunggyu said.
"Wait, you guys should have dinner with us." You suggested. 
"It's okay. We have quite a long ride too, so we'll get going." Sunggyu said. 
"Oh, is that so?" You sadly thought. You knew it would be awkward without the guys around. "Well, you guys can spend the night." You suggested. 
"It's okay Noona. Maybe next time." Sungjong told you. You frowned a little. 
"Well, if you guys insist on going, then I'm sorry I didn't prep you guys a small dinner." You apologized. You wanted Infinite to stay. 
"There's always next time." Hoya smiled at you and you did the same in return. 
"Thank you guys!' Woohyun said, shaking each of their hands. 
"Take care and rest well. You're going to need a lot of that memories back." L said to Woohyun. With that you and Woohyun walked the guys to the front. You and Woohyun waved goodbye to them, and soon it was just you and Woohyun looking at their van disappear. Woohyun sighed, making you look at him. 
"Tour me around." Woohyun suggested, then walked to the entrance of the house. Taking a few seconds to yourself, you followed him. 

You opened the front door and you guys entered the house. Woohyun scanned the house. 
"So, it's just us?" Woohyun asked. 
"Yes. Just us in this house." You said, taking off your shoes. 
"These are your slippers." You pointed to a pair of navy slippers. Woohyun looked at it and then slipped them on. 
You guys walked down the small hallway before entering the living room. 
"On your right is the kitchen, which you've already seen. This room is the living room." You told him. Woohyun walked in front of you and looked at the living room. He noticed that one couch had his name on it and the other had yours. 
Woohyun turned around to look at you. 
"What are these?" Woohyun asked, lifting the paper. You thought for a while before telling him. 
"You said that, that was your couch," You pointed to his, "and this ones mine." You pointed to yours. 
"If you sat on mine or if I sat on yours, we'd owe each other 150,000 won." You told him. 
"Really?" 
You nodded your head. 
"That's weird. I don't think I would do something like that." Woohyun thought.
Woohyun walked to a shelf that had pictures on it. He looked at each picture carefully. You both looked so happy. 
"Was this picture taken at the Namsan Tower?" Woohyun picked up the picture, showing it to you. 
"It was." 
"Why were we there? Isn't that a place for couples?" Woohyun asked, setting the picture back to its place. 
"Remember? We acted. You said we should act so people would buy the story." You lied. 
"Hmm. That's something I would say." Woohyun said.

After a few minutes, you walked Woohyun up to the master's room. 
"This is your room." You told him, opening the door. 
Prior to Woohyun coming home, you had removed your stuff out of the room. 
"My room? Where do you sleep?" Woohyun asked, looking at the room. 
"I sleep right across from your room." You pointed to the room across from the master's room. Woohyun looked out the door and saw a room across from his. 
"This room is your closet," You opened the walk-in closet, " and next to it is the bathroom." you said, pointing to the bathroom. Woohyun looked at you. 
"Thank you." 
You smiled in response. 
"Well, you should rest up. I'll wake you up when dinner's ready." 
You were about to close his door, but he pulled the door open, surprising you.
"Let me help you." Woohyun insisted. 
"It's okay, really. I'm pretty sure you had a long day. You should rest a little." You told him. 
"I've rested enough at the hospital." Woohyun said. 
"But---" 
"I'm fine." Woohyun said. 
"If you insist." You replied, and Woohyun followed you to the kitchen. 


 

Dinner was quiet. Woohyun didn't ask any questions and you didn't say anything as well. 
You wiped the kitchen counter as you both were finishing up the cleaning. Just as Woohyun was about to exit the kitchen, you stopped him. 
"Woohyun." 
Woohyun turned around to look at you. 
"Yes?" 
"Good night and sleep well." You said. 
"You too." Woohyun said and then left the kitchen. You stood in the kitchen alone. 

As days turned into weeks, Woohyun seemed to have no recollection of you. You both grew distant from each other, and you wished it stayed that way so it wouldn't be hard for you to leave him. You were at the office, listening to the clock tick. You missed him so much, but you couldn't do anything. You rested your forehead on the table. 
Just then, your phone rang, making you sit up right. You looked at the caller ID and saw that it was from the law firm's office. 
"Hello?" 
"Hi, am I speaking to Mrs. ------ Nam?" 
"Yes, this is her." 
"Hello, Mrs. Nam. We wanted to inform you that the divorce papers are finalized for review. Whenever you are avaliable, feel free to pick them up at the office. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us." The girl said on the phone. 
"Thank you. What time do you guys close, again?" 
"We close at 8PM."
You looked at the time and it was 5PM.
"Thank you. I will be there shortly to pick it up." You told her. 
"See you soon." The girl said and ended the call. 

This was it. This was the end of everything between you and Woohyun. You took a deep breath and tried to hold in your tears. You packed your stuff and headed out for the day. 

"I will be heading out for the night." You told the girls by the reception. They bowed to you and wished you a good night. 
You drove to the law firm's office to pick up the divorce papers. You entered your car and placed the yellow envelope on the passenger's seat. You looked at it for a while. You couldn't believe you were going to do it. 

Meanwhile, Woohyun and Eunji were walking down the sidewalk. 
"Oppa, I missed you." Eunji said, holding on Woohyun's arm. 
"I missed you too." Woohyun said. 
"Oppa, I really didn't want to tell you, but did you know that ----- did some black magic to you when you guys were married?" Eunji lied. Woohyun looked at Eunji, in confusion.
"Black magic? What do you mean?" 
"Yea, she did black magic. You fell in love with her and you left me for a while. Do you know how hurt I was?" Eunji pouted. 
"I left you to be with her?" Woohyun questioned. 
"Yea, you did. I chased you everywhere, but she was always clinging onto you. She even threatened to run me over if I didn't let you go. After your accident, you came back to me. I think her black magic doesn't work anymore." Eunji smirked. 
Woohyun looked away, feeling a little confused with the description Eunji provided of you.
"Oppa, I will protect you from now on. She can't do anything to you." Eunji said, giving Woohyun a kiss on the cheek. Woohyun smiled, but was still in confusion. 
Eunji looked around and saw an orphanage. She knew that Woohyun loved kids, so this was going to be her chance to win Woohyun's love. As much as she hated kids, she knew she had to go through it.
"Oppa, there's an orphanage there. Do you want to go?" Eunji pointed at the sign. Woohyun looked over and smiled at Eunji. 
"We should."

As Woohyun and Eunji walked closer to the orphanage, Woohyun experienced a similar feeling. He felt as if he had already been there with someone. Woohyun looked at the surrounding of the place and sign. 
"Oppa, are you okay?" Eunji asked, as she noticed that Woohyun was looking around. 
"I'm okay." Woohyun assured her, even though, he kept feeling a sense of familiarity of the place. Eunji pushed the gate open and they both entered. Woohyun looked at the trail that led to the main building. Woohyun kept examining the trail. 
It felt like deja vu. Woohyun turned to Eunji. 
"Eunji, have we ever been here before?" Woohyun asked. Eunji looked at Woohyun. 
"No. Why?" 
"Oh, it's nothing." Woohyun lied. 
They both entered the building to be greeted by Mrs. Lee, ahjumma. 
"Mr. Nam! It's so great to see you again." Ahjumma smiled at Woohyun. She looked at Eunji. 
"Ah, hello!" 
Eunji fake-smiled at ahjumma. 
"Again?" Woohyun questioned. Ahjumma looked at Woohyun. 
"Yes?" 
"I've been here before?" Woohyun asked ahjumma. 
Ahjumma nodded her head. 
"With who?" Woohyun asked. 
Before ahjumma could answer, Eunji jumped into the conversation. 
"Where can we see the kids?" Eunji asked. 
"The kids? They're at the playground. Would you guys like to see them?" Ahjumma asked. 
"Yes." Eunji said. 
"It would be this way then." Ahjumma said, leading them down the long hallway. 
Woohyun walked down the hallway, but why did it seem so familiar to him? 
"They're right over there." Ahjumma pointed to the children, who were all playing among each other. 
"Thank you." Eunji said, before pulling Woohyun. 
"Thank you ahjumma." Woohyun thanked her and Mrs. Lee smiled in response.
The walk to the children had that same feeling. Woohyun felt like he had walked there before. 
"Eunji, did you come with me?" Woohyun asked. 
"....I did. I just didn't want to tell you yet." Eunji lied. 
"Why didn't you just tell me then? It's not like I'm going to get mad." Woohyun said. 
"I wanted it to be surprise." Eunji smiled cutely at Woohyun. 
As they approached the children, the children saw Woohyun. They all sprinted to Woohyun and jumped on him, allowing Eunji to let go of Woohyun's hand. Eunji scoffed.
"Hyung!!" 
"Oppa!!" 
"Woohyun-hyung, you're back!!" 
"Oppa, you came back!!" 
"Woohyun-Oppa!" 
Woohyun sat up and looked at the children. 
"Oppa, you don't remember me?" Nara asked. 
Woohyun looked at the little girl. 
"Oppa, I'm Nara." The little girl looked at Woohyun with her big, round eyes. 
As hard as Woohyun tried to think, there were no memories of Nara. 
"Hyung, are you okay?" Taeho asked, holding on Woohyun's hand. Woohyun switched his attention to the little boy.

"Give Woohyun-oppa some room. You guys are freakinig him out." Eunji said out of annoyance, moving the kids away from Woohyun. Woohyun looked at Eunji. 
"It's fine. I'm okay, Eunji." Woohyun said to Eunji. "Can you get some water?" Woohyun lied, wanting some private time with the kids. 
Eunji looked at Woohyun and then walked back to the building. Woohyun made sure Eunji was far away before talking to the kids. 
"I'm sorry. She's just a little moody today. But, earlier, you guys know me?" Woohyun asked. 
"Yes, Oppa!!" Nara said, holding to Woohyun's other hand.
"When did we see each other?" 
The children thought for a while, before Taeho answered. 
"Um, like a while ago. Do you not remember us?" Taeho asked, sadly. 
"It's not that. Recently, I bumped my head, so my memories are a little fuzzy. Maybe you guys can help me." Woohyun asked. 
"Help you? What do you mean?" Nara asked. 
"Who did I come with last time?" 
"It's not that grumpy noona." Taeho said, shaking his head no. Woohyun was surprised.
"You came with ------ unnie!" Nara said. 
"-------?" 

The children looked pass Woohyun. A few stayed with Woohyun and some stayed ran away to the person. It was you. You waved at them. Just as a few children ran towards you, you noticed a person sitting on the ground. You looked closer and realized it was Woohyun. 
"Woohyun?" You whispered to yourself. 
"Unnie!!" 
"Noona!!" 
"You guys are back!!" 
Taeho said, hugging you along with a few other children. You bent down to their level and hugged them back. 
"Noona, why is hyung acting weird? He said he doesn't remember us." Taeho told you, frowning a bit. You smiled at him. 
"He bumped his head a while ago, so he's still working on his memories. Don't worry. He will remember you guys soon." You explained to Taeho. 
"Unnie, why did oppa bump his head?" A little girl asked.

The moment replayed in your head. You hated it. 
"Noona, are you okay?" Taeho asked you. You snapped out of your thoughts. 
"Why did hyung bump his head?" Taeho asked again. 
"Well, he was at the playground and he fell down the swing and bumped his head." You lied to them. "That's why ahjumma tell you guys to play safely." You told them. They all nodded. 
"Noona, don't worry. We'll make sure hyung remembers us." Taeho smiled. 
"That would be wonderful." You smiled at him. 
Just as you hugged the children once more, a shadow casted over you guys. You looked up and saw Woohyun there. You released them from the hug and stood up. You were as tall as Woohyun's shoulders were. When Woohyun approached you, all the children ran to each other, leaving just you two together.

"I came here with you?" Woohyun asked. As much as you didn't want to answer the question, you had to. 
"...you did." You muttered. 
Woohyun looked at you. 
"Why...did we come here?" Woohyun asked. 
Is it because we were thinking of having a family? Woohyun thought.
"Well----" 
You were interrupted when Nara and Taeho came running to you and Woohyun. 
Nara held Woohyun's hand. 
"Oppa, you said that we had to take care of Unnie, if you are ever sick or away from a very long time for work. I even pinky promised you too." Nara took Woohyun's pinky and interlaced it with hers. 
"Like that. Do you remember?" Nara looked at Woohyun, smiling at him. Woohyun looked at Nara.
Why does this feel so familiar? Woohyun thought. He just couldn't make out the full picture.

While you stood in front of Woohyun, you listened to every word Nara said to Woohyun. You had teary eyes, but held it in. 
So, that was the promise? You thought. It caught you by surprise, as well. Woohyun had never said those words to you, but to know that he told those children, it made it special in a way. 
Woohyun looked at you and then Nara. 
"I said that to you?" Woohyun asked Nara. 
"You didn't say it. You asked me to promise it." Nara reiterated. 
"You promised me that?" Woohyun asked again. 
Nara nodded her head, cutely. 
"Hyung, you  promised us that you were going to take care of Unnie for the rest of your life. You said you would never hurt her." Taeho asked.
Nara looked at Woohyun. 
"Oppa...did you break your promise? You pinky promised too." Nara asked, sadly. Nara and Taeho ran away to tell the other kids about Woohyun's broken promises. It was just you two standing in front of each other.

This was the first time you heard of these promises.
Was it black magic like Eunji said?
Woohyun was confused about everything. 

You both made eye contact. You were about to look away, but Woohyun stopped you.
"-------." 
"Y-yea?" 



"When you told me we were never in love, that was lie, right?" 

_______________________________________________
I hope you guys are enjoying the new edits! Pictures do not belong to me. Credits to the rightful owners. Happy Reading! Please send lots of love to Infinite. [WARNING]:WOOHYUN/INFINITE SPAM BELOW<3

This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "Arranged Marriage to Mr. Nam Woohyun" or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to subscribe, upvote, and comment below! For every comment you write, I will send you two (2) karma points:)

-Inspirit_07

WOOHYUN/INFINITE SPAM