⤜Chapter Thirty-Six: Reasons⤛

Arranged Marriage to Mr. Nam Woohyun

You slowly pulled away. Both of you heavily panting. You regretted nothing, especially what you just did. 
Beep, beep, beep!
The alarm you set on your watch went off. 
That was it. You guys were strangers again, ready to sign those divorce papers. 
You didn't say anything to him. You slowly backed away from his embrace and walked pass him. 
You held onto your chest. It felt as if a million broken pieces of glass had pierced right in your heart. You dragged your feet because it felt weak. Your eyes flowed a river. It felt like someone had all of the oxygen out of the air. 
Why does it hurt so much?
You questioned yourself. As much as you wanted to turn back and look at him, you had to stop yourself. 

Meanwhile, Woohyun stood there, bewildered. 
That's it.
He thought. Woohyun turned around to look at you walk further away from him. He wanted you so much back in his embrace. He wanted to grab your hand and tell you he loved you over and over again, but he couldn't. 

You entered the room and walked right into the bathroom. You slowly slid down with your back pressed against the door. You dropped to the floor and hugged your knees, burying your face and letting the tears flow down.

You sat on the floor for a few minutes. Twenty-seven minutes to be exact. You took off your watch and threw it across the bathroom. You listened carefully and heard Woohyun come in. You quickly got up and the shower. You didn't want him to hear you cry. 

Woohyun closed the door behind him and heard the water running. He walked to the living room and plopped down on the couch. Woohyun looked up at the ceiling. Why did everything had to end that way? 

After a few minutes, you got out of the bathroom. You dried your hair and secretly looked over to the living room. You saw the back of his head. 
I already miss you. 
You thought before looking away and walking to the other side of the bed. You draped the wet towel on the drying rack, before getting in bed. You turned facing the view and pulled the blanket over you. 
Meanwhile, Woohyun heard you open the bathroom door. He wanted to turn around and sneak a glance of you, but he couldn't. He knew he had to keep his promise. He gave you a few minutes to settle down, before he walked to the bathroom. He sneaked a peek at you. You were already in bed, tucked in nicely. 

You heard the bathroom door close. You looked over your shoulder. 
It's going to be a long night.
You thought. You turned back to the view and fixed the blanket. Soon, you drifted off to sleep. You wanted to dream of him. 

Woohyun walked out of the bathroom, drying his hair. He looked over to you. He thought for a while. 
Is she sleeping? Should I go over? But, what if she's still up? 
Woohyun threw the towel on the chair and took a deep breath. Once he looked over to you to make sure you were sleeping, he walked over to your side and kneeled in front of you. He smiled seeing your face. He felt like he was the king of the world. He carefully examined ever little feature on your face. Without noticing, he glided his finger over your nose, then over your lips. He stopped and looked at your lips. It reminded him of what happened earlier. 
Woohyun felt his heart skip a beat, making him quickly remove his finger that was on your lip. 
"Sweet dreams." 
He whispered to you. 


 You quietly left the room and walked down to the same place you shared that kiss with Woohyun. The sun was rose and you waited for Chunji. You took a deep breath and sat on the bench. Your legs began shaking, and you felt the chills run throughout your body. It was going to be another lie. 
"Good morning, -----. You're here early." Chunji greeted you, as he took off his headphones. 
You quickly stood up and bowed to Chunji. 
"I'm going to cut to the chase. What's your answer?" He asked, catching his breath, as he looked at the water.
"Chunji-shi." You called his name, making him turn his attention to you. 
"Go ahead. I'm listening." 
"What's the reason behind all of this "you don't want him to remember you"? Did you do something?" Chunji asked.
"I envied Eunji. I wanted to test if Woohyun could really love me like how he loves Eunji." You lied. "I wanted to see if he was willing to let the other woman go. If he did, I'd be the winner."
"So, you're telling me that you never loved him?" Chunji asked again. He wanted to make clear of your reasoning.
"After you're the winner, what happens?" 
"...I'd leave him. When I leave him, seeing him broken would bring me joy. I've been planning to leave him since the first day." You lied. You wanted everything to end.
"If Woohyun doesn't remember you, how can he be broken?" Chunji questioned. 
"Everything he did yesterday clearly shows me that he still loves me, whether he remembers me or not. He was willing to leave Eunji and stay with me. Isn't that a win?" 
"I'm surprised." 
"Never judge a book by its cover. You've gotten your answer, Chunji-shi. If you may excuse me, my flight leaves in a few hours." You said before walking away. 
"Wait." Chunji said, making you stop. 
"I hope you take this secret to your grave, and I hope that you and Woohyun don't ever cross path again." Chunji said. 
You stopped yourself from tearing up. 
"I will make sure that happens. If you'd like to join us, we'll be signing our divorce papers soon. Maybe you can comfort him." You said, before continuing your walk. Once you were far away from Chunji, you felt a tear run down your cheeks. You wiped it away and thought about the decisions you made. The truth to be told, you hated nothing more than seeing Woohyun hurt. 

The ride to the airport was quiet. The fact that you had to pretend nothing happened last night was a torture. You wanted him to hold your hand. You wanted to lean your head on his shoulder. This time you couldn't. You guys stepped out of the car and thanked the chauffeur who kindly drove you both around the country. Just as you two turned around to walk into the airport, someone called out to Woohyun. 
"Woohyun-oppa!" 
You both turned around to see no other than Eunji, standing on the other side, waiting to cross. 
You and Woohyun looked at each other. 
"You should wait for her. I'll check in first." You said. You knew that Woohyun couldn't decline that order. 
Woohyun wanted to stop you, but he couldn't. He knew he had no rights to stop you. You turned around and checked in first. You sat on the bench, waiting for them. You looked at the entrance of the airport and saw both of them standing close to each other, talking about something. You looked away once you no longer could take the pain of seeing Woohyun with Eunji. 

"----- shi, is Woohyun still checking in?" 
You looked up and saw Suho standing in front of you, searching for Woohyun. 
You quickly stood up and gave a bow to show respect. Suho reciprocated back to you. 
"He's..." You shifted your attention back at Woohyun and Eunji, who was still standing outside, "He's catching up with a friend." You looked back at Suho and gave him a slight smile. 
"A friend?" 
Suho questioned, before looking at the same direction you were looking at. 
"Isn't that..." 
"Eunji-shi." You finished. 
Suho gave you a surprised look. 
"Why is she here?" Suho asked. 
"I'm...not sure either." 
"When did she get here?" He asked. 
"I'm not sure. We saw her last night though."
"Oh. You should stay away from her." Suho said. 
"Don't worry. Thank you for looking out." You smiled at Suho. 
"Let's not talk about her. When does your flight leave?" Suho asked. 
You looked at your watch. 
"About an hour left. What about you?" 

“Are we on the same flight again?” Suho asked.
“Really? Let me see your ticket.” You asked.
Suho took out the ticket from his backpack, handing it over to you.
Meanwhile, Woohyun finished checking in. He looked over to you and saw that you and Suho were talking to each other. Woohyun kept his eyes on you, as he swung his backpack over his shoulder.
He broke off the contact when Eunji grabbed his hand.
“Oppa, I’m done.” Eunji said smiling at Woohyun.
“Oh, uh, let’s go.”
“Oppa, will ----- let me sit next to you though? I know that she doesn't like me” Eunji said.
Woohyun didn’t say anything. He looked back at you and Suho. You were laughing and smiling at Suho.

You grabbed Suho’s ticket and read it.
“No way! We’re on the same flight again.” You chuckled. “What a coincidence, huh?”
“Haha, I didn’t know as well.” Suho chuckled after you.
You read Suho’s seat.
“A13.”
You looked at yours.
“Aish, we’re not sitting near each other.” You frowned.
“What?” Suho asked. He felt confused. This wasn’t your normal self.
“Huh?” You looked up at him.
“I just saw you frown. Is everything okay?” He asked.
“Ahhh, yes! Everything is good.”
“Where do you sit?” Suho asked.
“A1. Front seats.” You said. You thought of an idea.
“Wait, I can ask Woohyun to switch seat with you.” You said to Suho.
Suho was shocked.
“What?!” He exclaimed.
You looked at Suho.
“What?” You said calmly.
“It’s okay. You can sit with him. He’s your husband.” Suho smiled. “I’ll be sitting with my team.”
“No, I wanted to sit with you. Maybe we can talk about the trip.” You said.
To be honest, you couldn’t sit next to Woohyun after what you said to Chunji and everything that’s happened. You couldn’t face him. You were ashamed and embarrassed.
“Oh o-okay. Whatever you wished for.” Suho said.
You smiled at him.
“Oh, Woohyun’s walking this way.” Suho said, turning your smile into a frown.
You cleared your throat, before turning around to face Woohyun.
He stood so close to you that you knew he could hear your breathing. You took a second before making eye contact with him, then with Eunji.
“Good morning Eunji-shi.” You greeted her.
Eunji rolled her eyes at you, then she noticed that Suho stood behind you.
“Suho?” Eunji said.
“Good to see you, Eunji.” Suho said.
Eunji fixed her posture and held Woohyun’s arm closely to her body, before turning to face you again.
“We actually didn’t want to come over here, but I wanted to switch seats with you.” Eunji said. You looked at her in surprised.
“What?” You asked. 
“A12 is my se----”
“That’s fine with me.” You quickly interrupted her.
Woohyun looked at you. He didn’t believe that you would agree to the request. Truth to be told, he wanted to sit next to you. He knew that this would be the last chance he had to be near you.
“We’ll see you guys when we depart.” You said, before walking away. Suho bowed to Woohyun before following you.
“------!” Suho called your name.
You wiped your tears away quickly, before turning around to face Suho.
“Yes?”
“What was that?” He asked you. “Why is Eunji holding onto him? She is the reason, right?" 
"N-no, she's not. I'm fine, really. Are you hungry? Let's go get something to eat before we depart." You tried to avoid that topic. 
You didn't want to think about it any longer. This would be part of the process of moving on. You wanted to forget about everything between you and Woohyun, and Eunji. You walked ahead of Suho. 
Suho looked at you and then looked over his shoulder at Woohyun and Eunji. He can tell by Woohyun's facial expression. He knew that Woohyun didn't feel the same for Eunji any longer. He knew that Eunji was the cause of it. 

You rolled your luggage next to you and set the cup of coffee and a blueberry muffin on the table that was placed next to the window. You pulled out a seat and sat down, looking at the planes depart from their lot. You started thinking about yesterday. You let out a soft smile when you thought of all the things you did with him. 
Soon, your smile turned into a frown. You knew that you two would be signing the papers tonight. And if not, tomorrow morning. The plan was to sign the papers as soon as you two landed in Seoul. 

Am I going to regret this?
You questioned yourself.

_______________________________________________
I hope you guys are enjoying the new edits! Pictures do not belong to me. Credits to the rightful owners. Happy Reading! Please send lots of love to Infinite. [WARNING]:WOOHYUN/INFINITE SPAM BELOW♡ 

(12.07) Shoutout to a subscriber and a lovely commenter @ybx21_ @hakimmj
♡Much love♡

This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "Arranged Marriage to Mr. Nam Woohyun" or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to subscribe, upvote, and comment below! For every comment you write, I will send you two (2) karma points:)

-Inspirit_07

WOOHYUN/INFINITE SPAM