⤜Chapter Forty-One: Answers ⤛

Arranged Marriage to Mr. Nam Woohyun

"Woohyun?" 



You waited for him to turn around. Your heart quickly paced. Chills ran down your body. Your eyes watered. 
The man turned around and looked at you. He was confused. 
You released his arm, when you realized that man wasn't Woohyun. You bowed to him, apologetically. 
"I'm sorry." You said in Japanese. The man accepted your gesture and walked away. You covered your face and harshly wiped your tears away. 
You sighed and looked around. You felt like you were going crazy. 
His figure resembled so much like Woohyun. You looked at the man disappear in the crowd. You wanted to get off of the bridge walkway, so that's what you did. 

➽─────────❥
You sat on the couch with the TV playing. You stared at the show that was playing, but you didn't understand what was happening. Your mind was only on Woohyun. 
"I'm thinking too much. He's not here. It's only my imagination." 
You said as you closed your eyes. 
You covered your face with your hands and tried to not cry. 
Your phone rang, distracting you from your thoughts. 

"Hello?" You answered. 
No one answered. You looked at the caller ID, but it was unknown. You placed your phone back on your ear. 
"Hello?" You greeted again, but still no reply came through. 
You ended to call after no one replied. You threw your phone next to you then grabbed the pillow behind you and hugged it tightly. 
That night, you fell asleep on the couch with the TV playing. 

➽─────────❥
You looked at your reflection in the bathroom. 
"Today's going to be a good day!" You motivated yourself. You gave yourself a hwaiting sign and a smile to feel confident. 
You decided to go hiking on that same mountain you once hiked with Woohyun. You had hoped it would bring some closure for you. This time though, you were going to hike on the other side of the mountain. You clipped on your simple backpack. You wore a light jacket and slipped on your tennis shoes. 
"You got this!" You told yourself again. 

➽─────────❥
"I will park on the other side, Ms. ----- shi. Please call me when you're ready to leave." Your driver notified.
"Thank you!" You said and closed the door. You looked at the hiking trail. You took a deep breath and began your walk into the woods. You took out your polaroid camera and snapped pictures of the calming yet beautiful landscape. 
You didn't know, but it brought you peace since Woohyun's disappearance. Without realizing, you did not think of him once during your walk. You were determined to make it to some of the higher elevations to see the sunrise. 
The sound of the wood eased your depression. It felt like you were in your own world with no worries or regrets. You would check the time on your watch here and there, making sure you would make it in time for the sunrise. Surprisingly, you were on track. The higher you hiked the steeper the terrain got, making it a difficult for you to continue. 
"Come on! Almost there!" You tried motivating yourself. 
"I can't miss this!" 
Your determination to see the sunrise was real. 

➽─────────❥
Just as you were near the one of the higher elevation, your phone slipped out of your jacket pocket. 
"Omo, why?"
You complained. The fact was that you saw the sun rising. You quickly turned around and looked at where your phone slid down to. You took a few steps back down the steep terrain to retrieve your phone. 
Just as you were about pick up your phone, someone had picked your phone before you did. 
You looked at your phone that was in the other person's hand. You took it and bowed down a little as a gesture of "thank you." 


You lifted your head to see the person. 
Your heart dropped, and your eyes widened. All of those feelings that you once felt before came back. Your body paralyzed at that moment. 
Is it really you? 
You questioned in your mind. 
His eyes locked in with your eyes. 

Woohyun broke the eye contact and turned away from you. He walked back down. 
You did exactly what your instinct told you. You dropped your phone and followed him. Your legs grew weak, making you fall to the ground. 
Woohyun turned around and saw you on the ground. He quickly ran up the slope and kneeled down in front of you, grabbing your arm. You lifted your head and looked at him again. You couldn't believe it was him. You weren't dreaming or hallucinating. 
"Are you okay?" 
He asked. 
You missed his voice. 


➽─────────❥
You two stood across from each other. The sun beautifully rose, but you no longer cared about the sunrise. You were standing in front of your husband, the person you've been trying to find for a very long time. 
You had so many questions, but you didn't know where to begin.

As much as you didn't want to shed any tears, you did. You were so angry at yourself, but you were also so angry that he left without saying goodbye to you. 
You took a step closer to him and formed your hand into a fist. You gently punched him in the chest one time. A second time. And, a third time. 
Woohyun allowed you.

"Why didn't you say bye to me?" You tearfully asked. 
Every time you thought about that moment at the hospital, it broke you down. 
"Why?" You asked again, as you stopped punching him, but with your hand still in a fist on his chest. 
"Were you just going to leave like that?" You asked him, looking at the ground, tears rolling down your cheeks. 
"Woohyun-ssi, " the name you longed for, "why?" 

Woohyun didn't say anything. He only looked at you. You managed to lift your head up and make eye contact with him once more. 
"Why...didn't you tell me?" You asked him. You punched his chest one more time. 
You couldn't read him for some reason. It was either he felt nothing, or he was just good at hiding his feelings. 
"Why...didn't you say anything?" Your voice cracked. The sniffles came and the tears poured. He didn't say anything. 

You wanted something from him, but you knew you had no right to ask him about anything. You realized you did the same to him before, so now it was your turn to taste your own medicine. 
You took a step back and turned around to leave. 

Woohyun grabbed your arm, stopping you. 
You missed his touch. 
He pulled you, turning you around and into his embrace. 
You sobbed in his arms, snuggling on his shoulder. Woohyun closed his eyes as his arms wrapped around your waist. He missed your scent.

➽─────────❥
You guys sat next to each other on the ground, looking at the view across. The sun rose up high already. There was a slight breeze, but it didn't bother you. Your head rested on his shoulder. You guys sat for a few minutes in silent. 
You lifted your head and looked at him. He looked back at you when he felt your eyes. He still looked the same as you remembered him. 

"How are you?" He asked. 
"Why... did you leave?" You asked him.
Woohyun was quiet 
"Did you really mean it when you signed the papers?" 
"I wanted you to be happy, ------." 
"Why didn't you tell me you remembered?" You asked.

➽─────────❥

You walked over to the desk and lifted the paper. It was a handwritten letter by Woohyun.
It read: 
-------. 
 I wondered every night why you did what you did. It's okay though. The moment we sign our names, you'll be free from me. I hope that this paper will bring closure to you as we part ways. I wanted you to know that I remember everything about us. Everything before I lost my memories. I thought you'd tell me, but you never did. It looks like you've moved on, and I'm okay with that. I'm keeping this letter short for the sake of your happiness; it's always been that. 
Know that you will always be in my heart. 

Woohyun
➽─────────❥

"I wanted to." 
"Then, why didn't you?" 
"Why did you push me away?" He asked. 
You hesitated for a second.
"I pushed you away because..." 
You couldn't quite explain it to him.
"I pushed you away because I knew you loved ... Eunji." You replied. 
Woohyun furrowed his brows. 
"What do you mean?" 
"When you lost your memories, I saw how much you two loved each other. How could I bre---"
"What about us? Did you forget that we loved each other?" Woohyun asked, feeling a little frustrated.
This time, you were the quiet one.
"I remember what happened day of the accident. I know why I did that. Why didn't you tell me? Were you going to let me go?" Woohyun looked away from you.
"Chunji told me what you said before we left Japan. You knew that you lied. Why did you?" 
"I knew it'd be easier for you to let me go." 

 


"When you said you loved me that night," he began, then he looked at you, "did you mean it, or was it one of your lies too?" He asked. 
_______________________________________________
I hope you guys are enjoying the new edits! Pictures do not belong to me. Credits to the rightful owners. Happy Reading! Please send lots of love to Infinite. [WARNING]:WOOHYUN/INFINITE SPAM BELOW

[Notes]: I have a new book uploaded onto this site and Wattpad. I am so excited to be writing a new story for you guys. It stars Wi Ha Joon X You, with Lee Soo Hyuk and Cha Eun Woo. This book has its twists and turns. It will be different from this book. I hope you guys give it some love too. You can find the book by clicking on the on cover. Thanks for the support!

(01.23) Shoutout to a lovely commenter @hakimmj
♡Much love♡

This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "Arranged Marriage to Mr. Nam Woohyun" or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to subscribe, upvote, and comment below! For every comment you write, I will send you two (2) karma points:)

-Inspirit_07

WOOHYUN/INFINITE SPAM