⤜Chapter Twenty-Eight: Meeting, Drinks, and Dinner⤛

Arranged Marriage to Mr. Nam Woohyun

Your eyes became watery. 
"W-what did you say?" You asked Woohyun, still holding onto him. 
"You told me..this bridge was your favorite part." 

You became speechless. Your heart raced. You were sure Woohyun felt it. 
"------? Woohyun?" 
You looked pass Woohyun's shoulder, and Woohyun turned his head around to see who it was. 
"Suho-shi." You said. 

You and Woohyun stood up. Woohyun held onto your waist and pulled you close. Woohyun was still processing what just happened. He wondered how he remembered that conversation. At the same, you were also processing what happened. 
"I didn't expect to you see you both here." Suho said. 
"We didn't expect you too." Woohyun replied.  
"Is everything okay? You both were on the ground." Suho asked, looking at you. 
You managed to make eye contact with Suho. 
"Y-yea, everything's fine. I slipped, that's all." You lied. 
The fact was that you weren't fine and you didn't slip. Woohyun was remembering you little by little. 

"Well, it looks like you guys are busy. I will leave you both then. See you two tomorrow." Suho smiled, before continuing his jog. 
Woohyun looked pass his shoulder to make sure Suho was leaving. Your eye glued to the ground, confused and nervous. Once Woohyun felt that Suho left far enough, he looked back at you. Woohyun loosen his grip on you. 
"You know... it was nothing. I was just guessing." Woohyun lied, seeing that you didn't look so good. You broke your eye contact from the ground and looked at Woohyun. 
"...oh." That was all that came out from you. 
"Should we head back?" Woohyun asked you. 
"W-we should." You told him and walked ahead first, while Woohyun followed behind. 
The walk was quiet. Woohyun's eyes were glued to you. On the other hand, you looked ahead and wondered. 
Does he remember me? Was he lying earlier? If he remembered, why didn't he tell me? What about the divorce? What about Eunji? 
No matter how hard you tried to find an answer, there was none. If anything, Woohyun knew the answers. You turned back to look at Woohyun, making him stop. 
You hesitated before asking him. The fact that you didn't want him to remember you, you also wanted to ask him if he remembered. 
"Woohyun, do you...remember me?" You asked, looking at his eyes. Woohyun looked back at you, wondering what he was going to say. 
"...don't, okay?" You told him, before turning back to continue your walk. 

That night, no words were exchanged. Woohyun slept in the living room on the couch and you took the bed. Your eyes were open the whole night. Little did you know, Woohyun was no different from you. 

By the time you knew, the sun rose. You quietly got out of the bed to get ready for the business meeting with Woohyun. Woohyun also woke up the same time. You turned your head to look at the opening space that led to the living room. Woohyun happened to look right at you the same time you looked. 
Once you noticed that Woohyun was actually standing there, you cleared your throat. 
"You can use the bathroom first." You managed to say to him. 
"No, you go ahead first." Woohyun said, before returning to the living room. 


You and Woohyun sat opposite of each other during breakfast. Once you finished, you quickly headed to the balcony to admire the view of Tokyo. After Woohyun was finished, he headed to the balcony to get you. 
"Are you ready?" He asked, turning you gaze at him. 
"I am. Are you finished?" 
Woohyun nodded. You guys walked the long hallway before entering the elevator. You stood in one corner while Woohyun took the other corner. 
Ding! 
You looked and it was level 3. You suddenly remember that his team was on that level. Without thinking much, you quickly moved over to Woohyun's side, surprising Woohyun. Both of your arms were touching each other. The elevator doors slid open, revealing his team. 
Thank God. I trusted my instincts. 
You thought.
"Good morning Mr. Nam and Mrs. Nam." His team greeted and bowed to you both. You both smiled back and accepted the bow. 
Woohyun exchanged a few small talks with them, while you stayed quiet next to him. 

You all walked out of the building, waiting for the cars to pick you guys up at the hotel. Woohyun excused himself from his team to walk over to you. You noticed that his tie was a little uneven. You wanted him to look his best, so that meant you actually had to talk to him. 
"Your tie is a bit uneven." You said, looking away this time. Woohyun looked at you and then down at his tie. He inserted one of his hands in his pocket. 
"I don't have a mirror. Can you fix it?" Woohyun asked, gazing at you. You thought for a while, before looking back at him. You walked closer to him, facing him. You untied his tie slowly. With you so close to him, you wondered if Woohyun had noticed that your hands were trembling. While you looked at his tie, Woohyun was looking at you, examining your expression. He noticed that your cheeks had become bright pink. As much as you didn't wish for him to notice, he noticed that your hands trembled.
A task that took less than 1 minute felt like an hour for you. You fixed his collar and then straightened his blazer. You took the courage to look at him. 
"It's better now." You said. Before walking away, Woohyun grabbed your hand. You turned back to look at him. 
"Thank you." He said. You gave him a small smile in return. Just then, the cars parked in front of you guys. The first car was yours and Woohyun's, while the van in the back was the team's. Woohyun turned to look at his team and wished them a good trip, before entering the first car. 
You trailed behind him. Just as Woohyun reached the opened car door, he turned back to look at you. 
"Lady's first." He said, moving over a bit to allow you to enter the car. 
When he did that, your heart raced. You gave him a smile before entering the car. Woohyun entered after you, and then the chauffeur closed the door. 

To make things less awkward, Woohyun decided to speak first. 
"How was your sleep last night?" He asked. You looked away from the window. 
"It was good," You lied, "how was yours?" 
"I...didn't sleep last night." 
"Oh, why not? Are you stressed about today?" You asked him. Woohyun thought for a while. 
"No, not at all," Woohyun replied, "I was thinking about a lot of stuff last night." 

As much as you wanted to be mean and looked careless, there was a part of you that wanted to comfort him. 
Just this time.
You told yourself. 
"Did you want to talk about it?" You asked him. Woohyun looked at you in surprise. 
"What?"
"Just because we pretended to be a married couple, it doesn't meant that we weren't friends." You told him. 
"Friends?" 
"Well, not like good friends, but we were acquaintances." You lied. 
"So I can tell you anything?" 
"Yea, if that'll help you." You replied. 
"I have a friend who lost his memories a few weeks ago. He remembered everyone in his life except for one person. That one person doesn't want him to remember her, but he desperately wants to.What do you think he should do? Should he try to remember her, even though she says it's a waste of time? Or, should he give up and let her go?" 

You realized that, that "friend" was Woohyun and that "one person" was you. You thought for a while. 
"You know, maybe it's for the best. Tell him that even if he wants to remember her, she'll be okay if he lets her go." 
"Don't you think it's selfish of her to do that?" 
"It may be, but what if she has her reasons?" 
"What is her reason then?" 
"I'm not sure myself. I'm not her." You said, slowly looking out the window again. 
"You know, I won't stop trying." Woohyun said. You turned back to look at him. 
"Woo---" 
"Can you help me remember you?" Woohyun interrupted you. 
You looked at him, then back at the window. You didn't want to give him an answer, since you knew whatever you answered, he was only going to try remembering you. 
The car parked in front of a tall building. Woohyun walked out first, and then you walked out on your side. You closed the door and avoided his look. Meanwhile, Woohyun looked at your every move. You slowly walked to him and stood by his side. He gave you one last look before looking pass you to his team. His team walked over to you guys and started socializing with Woohyun. Since you guys were the first to arrive, you guys were the first to enter the meeting building. Just as Woohyun was about to take his first step, he turned back and grabbed your hand, pulling you next to him. His team all looked at each other and smiled at Woohyun's gesture. You felt those butterflies forming in your stomach. 
"Stay close." Woohyun said, this time holding your hand a little tighter. 
You couldn't do anything, besides play along with him. 

Once everyone was settled in the meeting room, the meeting started. Business proposals were presented. Ideas were presented. Financial statuses were discussed. You sat along the side, along with a few other people. You looked at Woohyun the entire time, thinking about the conversation you both just had in the car. You thought about all the good and bad things you both had overcome. However, Eunji's words always found a way to come. As much as you didn't want to remember those words, they were always in the back of your head. Almost, like it wanted to remind you your place in Woohyun's heart. 
Just as you happened to snap out of your thoughts, you noticed that Woohyun had glanced over to you. He didn't smile or wave, but you knew he looked at you, making you look away at the slides that were projected onto a big white screen. 
Meanwhile, Woohyun knew you were looking at him the entire time. As much as he wanted to focus on the meeting, his head always wondered back to you. He wanted to know why you didn't want him to remember you. It seemed as if you were hiding something from him. Woohyun snapped back when one of s asked him a question. 

"This meeting concludes the first portion of our business plans. Thank you for coming out today. Let's continue this meeting tomorrow morning." The Japanese host said, before excusing everyone. 
"Mr. Nam, should we go out for a drink tonight?" One of the members asked. 
"That's a good idea. In celebration of what we presented today." Woohyun replied. 
"Should we meet up?" 
"Yea, you guys pick a place and text me." Woohyun said, before excusing himself from the group to walk over to you. 

"Who are you with?" One of the ladies asked you in Korean. You looked over to her. 
"I'm with Mr. Nam Woohyun. He's the CEO of a pearl company in Seoul." You told her. 
"Oh really? I heard he's very, very handsome and his business is one of the most successful in Korea." The lady complimented. 
"Thank you so much. I really appreciate your words. I will make sure it gets to him. What about you? Who are you with today?" You asked her. 
"I'm with Lee Chunji. He's the president of TOP Mall." The lady replied. 
"Oh, I think I've heard of him before. I've just never met him before." You told her. 
"I'm sorry. I didn't get your name." You asked her. 
"I'm Chaewon. What's your name?" 
"I'm -----. It's so nice to meet you." 
"It was my pleasure meeting you too. If you get a chance, I would really love to meet Nam Woohyun. Can you introduce me to him?" She asked. 
You thought for a while. 
"Ah, yes! I can." You gave her a smile. 


"-----, are you ready?"
You looked in front of you and noticed that it was Woohyun. 
"Woohyun." You muttered. Chaewon looked at you and grabbed your arm. 
She whispered to your ear. 
"Oh my god, is that Nam Woohyun?"
She backed away to look at you. 
"Ah yes."
You stood up and Chaewon did the same. 
"Woohyun, this is Chaewon. She's with Lee Chunji of TOP Mall," you introduced Chaewon to Woohyun, "Chaewon, this is Nam Woohyun of Valley of the Sea." You looked at Chaewon this time. 
Chaewon extended her hand out to shake it with Woohyun's. Remaing professional, Woohyun accepted the handshake. 
You stepped back. 
"Hello, Mr. Nam Woohyun. It's my pleasure meeting you. I didn't know you would be coming to Japan. I really admire your work." 
"Thank you so much. It's nice to meet you too. Lee Chunji and I are good business partners." Woohyun smiled at her, and then he looked at you. Your eyes wondered to the other people in the room. 
Just then, Chunji came and wrapped his arms around Woohyun's shoulder. 
"Woohyun, you guys did good today." Chunji said, surprising Woohyun. Woohyun chuckled and gave Chunji a hug. 
"Thank you. You guys did great as well." They backed away from the hug.
"You know, we are planning to go out for a drink tonight. Would you and your team be able to join us?" Chunji asked. 
"Actually, we were planning to go out for dinner and a few drinks. Would you guys be avaliable to join us?" Woohyun chuckled. 
"Oh, even better then! Text me the place and we'll meet you guys." Chunji said. 
"I will. See you later, Chunji. Again, great meeting you Chaewon-shi." Woohyun gave her a smile. With that, Chunji and Chaewon excused themselves.

Woohyun looked at you. 
"What was that about?" He asked, causing you to look at him. 
"What?" 
"Introducing me to her?" Woohyun tilted his head, giving you a "what are you planning" look. 
"Nothing. She wanted to meet you, that's all. She's a big fan of yours." You told him. 
"Did you tell her we're married?" He asked. 
"She didn't ask." You told him, before walking over to his team. 
You congratulated them on their hard work. 

You both sat in the car silently. It bothered Woohyun that you didn't tell Chaewon that you both were married. 
"Why didn't you tell her we're married?" Woohyun asked. 
You stayed quiet. 
"Are you really going to push me away?" 
You looked away from the window. 
"Remember our agreement? We're signing the papers next month. It's better to keept quiet." You managed to say to him. You held in your tears to stay strong in front of Woohyun. Woohyun was in disbelief. He sighed and looked out his window. 

The car stopped in front of a restaurant. You looked over to Woohyun. 
"What are we doing here?" You asked him. Woohyun was quiet. He didn't answer you, instead he walked out. You stayed in the car and took a deep breath before stepping out. You noticed that his team was waiting for you both on the sidewalk. 
"Mrs. Nam, we hope you like Japanese food." One of the them joked. You chuckled. 

 

You guys entered first. Shortly, after you guys were seated, Chunji and his team followed in. 
"Chaewon-shi, sit here." You waved over to her to sit next to you. Woohyun was seated on one end of the table, while you sat on the other end. The teams sat in the middle, spreaded out, giving Woohyun and Chunji more of a private space. Woohyun looked over and saw you smile to Chaewon.
He felt something familiar, like the butterfly sensation. Chunji snapped Woohyun back, by sitting in front of Woohyun. 
Both teams ordered the food. Everyone exchanged small talks here and there. 
"What are you thinking?" Chunji asked Woohyun, as he noticed that Woohyun's expression changed. 
"I don't know. I'm just confused." Woohyun replied. 
"About what?" Chunji asked, taking a sip of tea after. 
"A girl." He said. 
"Aye, the Nam Woohyun has never had problems with a girl. Is it Eunji?" 
"Eunji?" 
"Yea, aren't you two still together?" Chunji asked. 

Meanwhile, on your end, you and Chaewon exchanged some words. 
"How is it working with Nam Woohyun?" Chaewon asked, getting ready to dig into the food as the servers placed each dish on the table. 
"Nam Woohyun?" 
"Yea, didn't you come with him?" She asked, giving you a confused look.
"O-oh, I don't work with him." 
"You don't?" 
"No, I'm acutally here with him...for moral support." You told her. 
"Ohhh, so you guys are friends?" She asked. 
"Y-yea, you can say that." You told her.
You grabbed your chopsticks. At that time, Chaewon happened to look at your hand. 
"You're married?" She asked, as she saw your ring. You quickly looked at her. 
"...I am." You quietly said. 
"Really? How long have you been married?" 
"A litte over a year." 
"Wow, I didn't even noticed that you were married. I would love to see the lucky man." Chaewon said, smiling at you. You gave her a small smile in response. 
"I forgot my phone in the car. I can show you later." You lied. 
"Okay, but don't forget. I want to see the lucky man." 
"I won't." You lied again. 
Chaewon began digging into the food, while you could barely take a sip of water.

"Yea, aren't you two still together?" Chunji asked. 
Woohyun looked at Chunji. 
"I don't know, Chunji." 
"Did Eunji break it off?" 
"It's not that. When I'm with her, a part of me feels different. It doesn't feel the same." 
"Oh." 
"No one knows about this, besides Infinite and one girl." 
"What is it?" 
"A few weeks ago, I got into a car accident. I've lost a part of my memories due to the impact." 
"What?" Chunji said, getting up from his seat. 

Everyone looked at them, even you. You saw that Chunji was up from his seat; his face was in shocked. Chaewon also looked at Chunji. 
Chunji realized that everyone was looking at them. He cleared his throat and asked everyone to continue their meal. He gave you all a smile, before being seated again. 
"Woohyun, what are you talking about? What accident? How come I don't about this?" Chunji asked Woohyun. 
"Yea, I don't know. I was just told I got into a car accident. I don't know what happened. I've lost my most recent memories." 
"How far do you remember back?" 
"I'm not sure either. I know that I've lost a year worth of memories though." Woohyun said, taking a sip of water after. 
"A year?!" Chunji exclaimed. 
"Keep it down. No one knows about this." 
"I'm just so confused." Chunji said, placing his hand on his forehead, looking down at the table. 
"Wait, you said Infinite and a girl knew about this. Is it Eunji?" Chunji asked, looking up from the table. 
"Eunji knows, but it's not her that I'm confused about." 
"Who is it then?" 
"Chunji, were you at my wedding?" Woohyun asked. 
"Wait, wait, wait! Woohyun, do you hear yourself?" 
"What?" 
"I only knew you were with Eunji. You're not married. Are you?" 
"I am married." 
"With who?" 

Woohyun thought for a while, before turning his head to look at you. You and Chaewon were talking again. Chunji followed Woohyun's gaze. 
"My assistant?" Chunji asked. 
Woohyun looked back at Chunji. 
"Yah, what are you talking about?" 
"Weren't you looking at her?" 
"No, the woman next to her. Her name is ------." 
"The girl with Chaewon?" Chunji asked again to make sure. 
"Yes. I'm married to her." 
"Congratulations! How many years?" 
"She told me about a year." Woohyun said. 
"Wow! I can't believe you're a married man." Chunji smiled, giving Woohyun a playful slap on the arm. 
"It's not that though. You see, we are married for about a year. We live together. The whole house is full of our pictures. I remember Infinite, Eunji, and even my worst enemy. I don't know why I can't remember her." 
"Did she try to help you remember her?" Chunji asked, picking up his chopsticks this time, ready to dig in. 
"That's the issue. She doesn't want me to remember her." 
"What? Why not?" 
"She said that we never fell in love. We only lived together as strangers. She tells me it's a waste of time to try to remember her. The thing is that I want to remember her. I've tried my hardest, but I have no memories of her." Woohyun said, feeling frustrated. 
"I see." 
"Actually, yesterday, we went to a temple and this bridge. I had a feeling that I've been there before and I just remember hearing her voice in my head. It was like a conversation we had before."
"So, do you think you're recalling a little bit of her?" 
"I am. I just don't see her face clearly in my head." Woohyun said, picking up his chopsticks. 
"Don't force yourself. Maybe you guys came here before and it's helping you remember her." Chunji said. 
"We have. We had a picture taken in Japan. She told me we were on a business trip, but that was all." Woohyun said. 
"Huh? I think it's more than that. If you could remember a conversation from this place, that's gotta mean that this place is important or something." 
Woohyun set his chopsticks back down and thought about what Chunji meant.

Why were we in Japan?

 

_______________________________________________
I hope you guys are enjoying the new edits! Pictures do not belong to me. Credits to the rightful owners. Happy Reading! Please send lots of love to Infinite. [WARNING]:WOOHYUN/INFINITE SPAM BELOW

(10.19) Shoutout to a lovely commenter @ hakimmj
♡Much love♡

This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "Arranged Marriage to Mr. Nam Woohyun" or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to subscribe, upvote, and comment below! For every comment you write, I will send you two (2) karma points:)

-Inspirit_07

WOOHYUN/INFINITE SPAM




(Teen Top's Chunji made a cameo:)