⤜Chapter Eighteen: Sick⤛

Arranged Marriage to Mr. Nam Woohyun

You guys sat in silent, staring at the street. After a few minutes, Woohyun took the courage to hold your hand. You felt his warm hand on yours. You allowed him to take your hand, because you feared that it may be your last. Another 10 minutes passed. 
"Let's go home." Woohyun said, still holding onto your hand. You didn't say anything, but proceeded to do what he asked. You guys made your way to the cross walk, waiting for the light to turn on. Woohyun was still holding onto your hand. Before crossing, you didn't know why you did it, but you did. You held onto his hand too, and then inserted them in the pockets of Woohyun's coat you had on. Woohyun looked at you, but you kept your eyes on the street. The light and you both walked across the street. The walk back was quiet. You wanted to remember this moment. It was as if nothing had happened. 
After a 20 minutes walk, you both stood in front of the front door, waiting for the other person to enter the house first. As Woohyun released your hand, you had the urge to grab his hand again. Woohyun opened the door and waited for you to enter first. You took a few seconds, before walking in as Woohyun followed you behind. 


Days turned into weeks and soon weeks turned into months. The relationship went back to stage one. You guys were no longer having dinners together, no longer seeing each other at home, no longer teasing each other, and no longer sharing the same bed. It was hard for Woohyun to accept what was happening. He respected that you needed time to think everything. For him, he had already gave you his answer and that was to stay with you forever. He was still waiting for your answer though. You, on the other hand, felt confused. You felt horrible about the whole situation. You wanted to apologize and hug him. You wanted to accept your love for Woohyun. However, Eunji's words replayed in your head each night. 

What you didn't know was that before each night, Woohyun stood by your door and looked at it before going into his room. What Woohyun didn't know was that you sat by your door, listening to his footsteps, making sure he was going to bed. 

"I miss you." You whispered.

"I miss you." Woohyun whispered, as he laid in bed, looking at the ceiling. 

Each night was long. You grew to look out the window and count the stars, hoping one day you could count all of them. But, they were endless, like how you infinitely love Woohyun. There were nights where you would just sit and look out the window, staying up 3-4 in morning. You began developing dark circles under your eyes. You ate less and felt no motivation to keep going. You made sure that you and Woohyun minimally saw each other. If anything, you would walk pass him and into your room. You restrained yourself from loving Woohyun anymore. 

 



You closed the binder and moved it to one corner of your desk. You rubbed the temples of your head and closed your eyes for a few seconds. 
Someone knocked on your office door. 
"Come in." You said, opening your eyes and forcing out a smile. 
"Mrs. Nam,"
It was that name. Your heart ached. 
"Here are the files you requested." The girl said, passing more papers to you. 
"Thank you." You thanked her and took the papers. Before the girl left, she turned back to look at you. 
"Mrs. Nam, are you okay? If you aren't, you should leave for the night." She told you. 
You managed to let out a laugh. 
"I"m fine. Thank you. You guys should actual leave. It's getting pretty late." You told her. She smiled and bowed before leaving.
You let out a sigh of exhaustion. To be honest, you felt sick. After reviewing a couple of papers, you moved the new pile of papers to the center of your desk, before leaving for the night. You entered your car and drove straight home. 

You approached the door and unlocked it. The lights were on, meaning that Woohyun was home. You slipped on the slippers, while hanging your bag on the rack. You walked across the living room, and thankfully Woohyun wasn't there. Your vision started getting blurry, as you felt a hit of dizziness. Just as you walked pass the living room and nearly making your way to the stairs, you fell unconscious, collapsing on the floor. 

Woohyun sat in his room, finishing up some paperwork he had brought home from work. He had one earbud in, keeping the other ear clear, hoping to hear you walk to your room. Just as Woohyun finished writing one of the contracts, he heard a thud downstairs. He removed his earbud and listened again. He looked at the time that was displayed on his laptop. It read 9:00PM. 
She should be home now.
Woohyun thought. He placed his ear bud down and opened his door. 

Woohyun peeked out his door to look if you were walking in the hallway. No sign of you at all. Woohyun opened his door wider this part and called out your name, but he received no respond from you. He walked out of the room and looked over the balcony to see you lying in the floor, unconscious. Woohyun’s wondering face turned worried. Woohyun rushed downstairs and picked you up into his arms.
“------.” He called you. You were not responding to him, which caused him to worry even more.
“------.” He called a little louder this time. Your face became pale and your body became cold. Woohyun quickly carried you to his car. He covered you with his cardigan and with that, he drove off to the hospital as quickly as possible, holding your hand the whole way.

Woohyun looked at the nurses rolling you away in a bed.
“Is my wife going to be okay?” Woohyun worriedly asking, trying to enter the operating room.
“I’m sorry, sir. Please wait here.” The nurse prohibited Woohyun from entering the room, pushing him out and closing the doors.
Woohyun stood in front of the door, feeling anxious.
This is all my fault.
Woohyun thought, before slowly making his way to one of the benches. He buried his face in his palm.
After an hour, the doctor finally came out of the room. Woohyun quickly stood up and searched for an answer from the doctor.
“How is my wife, doctor? Is she okay?” Woohyun asked. The doctor smiled at Woohyun.
“She will be fine. Through my examination, she is extremely malnutrition. I do want her to stay for tonight, so I can monitor her health. I want to make sure her levels go back to normal before I discharge her. You can visit her after the nurses assign her a room on the 3rd floor.” The doctor explained to Woohyun. Woohyun bowed and thanked the doctor for his time. Woohyun sat back down on the bench, waiting to visit you.

After 20 minutes, a nurse approached Woohyun.
“You can visit your wife on the 3rd floor. She is resting in room 707.” The nurse told Woohyun. Woohyun thanked her and rushed up to your room. Woohyun opened the door and saw you sleeping there, so soundly. He never noticed how skinny you got. The color of your face was no longer pale as before, which gave Woohyun a little relief. Woohyun pulled a stool over and sat next to you, gently holding your hand.
“Wake up.” He begged you.
Soon, Woohyun fell asleep, with his head resting on the bed, and his hand holding onto yours.

 

You were woken up by the sunlight beaming on your face. You slowly opened your eyes and noticed that you were no longer at home. You looked at your arm and noticed that there was a needle and an IV bag. You then felt the warmth from Woohyun’s embrace. You looked over and saw Woohyun holding onto your hand, sleeping. A tear slowly streamed down your cheek. You quickly wiped it away. You attempted to slowly let go of Woohyun’s hand, but that caused him to stir. Woohyun woke up and quickly sat up, holding onto your hand again.
“Are you okay? Are you hurt? Do you feel hurt? Dizzy? Nauseous? Hungry?” Woohyun bombarded you with a list of questions. You didn’t say anything, causing him place his hand on your forehead to check your temperature.
“Anything?” He asked, worriedly looking at you.
“No, I’m fine.” You managed to say to him. You were thirsty, in fact. You didn’t want to ask him, but had to.
“Is…there water?” You asked him. Woohyun looked at you. It was the first time in forever, that you spoke that much to him.
“Let me go ask the nurse. I’ll be back.” Woohyun said and quickly walk out of the room.
You hated that you were so mean to him. You wanted to just hug him and feel his embrace again. You wanted to tell him you loved him, but that word love never came out. You adjusted the bed and the TV, while you waited. Within a few moments, Woohyun walked back with a cup and pitcher of water. He poured the water in the cup and handed you the cup. He sat down and placed the pitcher on the table beside the bed. He looked at you drink the water. The thing was that you also felt that he was staring at you, so you also stared at him while drinking that cup of water.
“What? Is there something on my face?” You asked him, holding the cup in your lap now. It was that question you always asked when he looked at you. Woohyun didn’t say anything, but he gave you a smile. You missed that smile. You already felt better seeing his smile. You and Woohyun watched the news, in silent.
“Thank you.” You muttered, causing Woohyun to switch his attention to you.
“Are you not eating on time?” He asked you. You could not answer his question. It was not that you were not eating on time. You simply had no appetite to eat.
“Well, this is an order. You will have to eat with me for the next two weeks.” Woohyun said and then looked back at the TV.
There was so much you wanted to tell him, but you just couldn’t. After a few minutes, the doctor came back to check on you. Woohyun left the room, while the doctor assessed you. Woohyun stood by the door, waiting for the doctor.
The doctor opened the door and then closed it.
“What’s the status on her health, doctor?” Woohyun asked.
“Her levels are back to normal, so I will discharge her today. Just keep an eye for her, just in case, she’s not taking her meals regularly. I have prescribed some medication too, to help her if she needs them.” With that, the doctor departed.
Woohyun walked back into the room.
“What did the doctor say? Can I leave today?” You asked him.
“He said you can. Did you need help with anything?” Woohyun asked. He wanted to make sure you were comfortable with him. You shook your head no.
“If not, then I will wait for you outside.” He said and then left the room. You slowly got up and walked to the bathroom to wash your face. You opened the door and saw Woohyun leaned against the wall, with his arms crossed. Woohyun looked at you when he heard the door open.
“You ready?” He asked and you nodded.
“Can you walk?” He asked, approaching you.
“Yea, I’m fine.” You told him. He smiled and then you both walked to the elevator. The ride back was quiet. You looked out the window, while Woohyun focused on the roads. Within a few minutes, Woohyun pulled up to the parking lot, closing the gate in front the home. You both walked out of the car and made your way to the door. Just before you guys reached the front door, you turned around to look at him, allowing him to stop.

“Woohyun-ah.” You called his name. Woohyun missed your voice calling his name. It took you a while before you could even say the word.
“I’m sorry.” You teared up, looking down at your hands. Woohyun hated when you cried. He stood there for a few seconds. He wanted to make sure he was not dreaming.
“I’m sorry for being selfish. Because I listened to other people’s words, it caused me to hurt you. I thought that if we stopped seeing each other, I would stop having feelings for you. But, I think it has caused me to want to see you more. I miss you, Woohyun. I miss everything about you and I’m sorry that I’ve brought a pain that I know you may never heal from.” You finally let it all out.  

After a few seconds, he walked over, and grabbed your hand, causing you to look at him.
“Didn’t I tell you to not cry ever again?” He asked you, causing you to cry even more. You just missed him so much.
He pulled you into a hug and you hugged him back. You missed his warmth and his touch. There was something about Woohyun that always made you feel secured.
“I’m so sorry.” You apologized. He pulled away from the hug and looked at you.
“There’s nothing for you to be sorry about.” He told you.


 

“I already told you. Even if you leave me, I will always find you.”  

___________________________________________________

I hope you guys are enjoying the new edits! Pictures do not belong to me. Credits to the rightful owners. Happy Reading! Please send lots of love to Infinite. [WARNING]:WOOHYUN/INFINITE SPAM BELOW<3

(9.22) Shoutout to a lovely commenter @ hakimmj
♡Much love♡

[Attention]: I hate to sound that I am bashing other groups, but this is my personal opinion. I have to address an issue that I felt upset by. Yesterday, Allkpop released an article pertaining to Infinite and Hoya. Infinte was called a "flop" by new generation fans and people wondered why Hoya was on a show called "Street Man Fighter." This is my take on this issue. Please be kind. If you don't know a certain group, there's no reason to call them a "flop." Not that I'm biased, but Infinite is a succesful group. They are literally gems to the k-pop industry. My love for Infinite remains the same since the first day I listened to their music. I'm 99.9% sure that all my subscribers and readers are Inspirits. Let's support Infinite and keep sending them love. They deserve all the love we can give to them. If you guys want to read the article, you can check the article out on Allkpop. If you feel the need to rant about it, be my guest. 

This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "Arranged Marriage to Mr. Nam Woohyun" or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to subscribe, upvote, and comment below! For every comment you write, I will send you two (2) karma points:)

-Inspirit_07

WOOHYUN/INFINITE SPAM