⤜Chapter Thirty-Four: Moments⤛

Arranged Marriage to Mr. Nam Woohyun

Woohyun backed away and rested his forehead against yours. Both of you had your eyes closed, absorbing each second you two had together. 
Your heart was racing so fast, you knew he heard it as well. Woohyun backed away, opening his eyes. Meanwhile you still had your eyes closed. You slowly leaned your head on his shoulder. He moved closer to you and searched for your hands. Once he found them, he intertwined them together. You didn't care what he did. You wanted this moment to stop. 
"Is there...anything you want to tell me?" Woohyun asked. 
You opened your eyes when he asked that. 
Of course! There's so much I want to say to you. 
You thought. 
"...thanks for today." You managed to say to him without tearing up. 
In Woohyun's mind, he didn't want that answer. He wished you had said something else. 
There was a long silence before Woohyun asked you another one. 
"I wanted to know...why did you marry me?" He asked. 
You lifted your head up and looked at Woohyun, making him look at you. 
"Why did you agree at the alter?" He asked, giving you a serious look. 
"It was an arranged marriage. I couldn't object to it." You told him. 
"Why didn't you run away?" 
"...I did. You saw me that day." 
"I did?" 
You nodded your head. 
"I bumped to you on my way out." 
Woohyun tried to think hard. He wanted to remember that moment. 
"It was short, so it's okay if you can't remember it. But, I did. At least, I tried." You said, looking out to the sea. 
"Do you regret anything?" 
You gave him a confused look. Why was he asking you all of those questions? 
"Of course. There's many. Are you okay? Why are you asking me all of those questions?" 
"Nothing. I was just curious. What's something you regret?" 
"Well, I am guilty of something." You started. You wanted to make sure you used the right words. 
"I lied about something, but it's for the best, you know." You told him. 
"What's the lie?" He asked. 
"Nothing important." 
"Didn't you say we were friends?" He asked. "You can tell me, if it'll lift some weight off your shoulders." 
You wanted him to stop. The more he acted like that, the more you wanted to stay with him. However, this was your only chance to let him go without hurting him. 
"I can...live with it." You lied.
"Tomorrow morning, we'll forget about today. Today will never exist."
"It's better if it stays with me."

Woohyun was determined to get an answer from you, but all answers you gave him were short and led to nowhere. 
You guys sat there for a few minutes in silence.  
"Should we head back?" Woohyun asked. 
You looked at Woohyun and nodded your head. Woohyun stood up first, and then he held his hand out to you. You looked at his hand and then him. You smiled at him and took his hand. This time you weren't hesitate to take his hand. Woohyun pulled you up and pulled you into his embrace. It caught you by surprise, but it felt right. You hugged him right away too. As time was passing, you were more scared. You wanted time to slow down, so you can be by his side. 
Woohyun backed away from the hug and held your hand. You both made your way back to the side walk. You both spent time walking around and doing small gift shopping. You guys had some of the most delicious street food as well. 

"Try this." You said, offering some dango to him. 
Woohyun looked over to you and saw that you were offering him your food to him. Woohyun was a little hesitant, but he took a bite of the dango on your stick. Woohyun chewed it and savored the taste, while you ate the last dango. Woohyun turned over to you and gave you a thumbs up. 
"I told you." You smiled at him. 

"Here you go." The grandma said, handing the snack to Woohyun.
"Thank you." Woohyun said in Japanese to the grandma who handed him his snack.
Woohyun skewered a takoyaki on to the cute food pick, and just as Woohyun was about to take a bite of it, you quickly grabbed his hand and took the bite instead. You looked at Woohyun and smiled to him, while giving him a thumbs up.
"Yah, that was my piece." Woohyun said. He couldn't believe what you just did. 
"You weren't fast enough." You joked with him. 

Woohyun skewered another takoyaki onto the food pick. He looked at you carefully, making sure you weren't going to steal another bite. 
"Don't worry. I already had my share." You assured him, giving him a smile. 
Woohyun took the bite and it felt like heaven to him. 
Woohyun skewered another piece and offered it to you. You gave him a surprised look. 
"For me?" You asked. 
"Hurry up. When I'm being nice." Woohyun said, holding out the food pick with the takoyaki. You gave him a smile and took the bite. 
"It's so delicious." You said, smiling to him. 
Woohyun saw that there were some sauce on the corner of your lips. 
"Hold still." He said, searching for the napkin in his pants. 
"What?" You asked, still munching on the takoyaki. 
Woohyun pulled up the napkin and walked closer to you. 
"What are you doing?" You asked him, blushing a bit.
Aish, what does he think he's doing in front of all these people?
You thought. 
"Stay still." He said again. 

He gently wiped the corner of your lips. You felt your cheeks flush pink and the butterflies again. Woohyun sensed that you were staring at him, making his eyes search for yours. The moment you both made eye contact, you felt paralyzed for a second. 
Once you snapped out of your thoughts, you grabbed onto Woohyun's wrist. 
"I-I got it. Thanks." You said, pulling Woohyun's hand away. 
Woohyun saw how pink you were, making him smile at you. 
You grabbed the napkin and turned around to wipe off any sauce on your mouth. Once you felt confident, you turned back to Woohyun. 
"Better?" You asked. 
"Better." Woohyun said. "Did you want the last piece?" He asked. 
"You can have it." You told him, searching for other snacks to munch on. 

Once you found the one you wanted, you grabbed to Woohyun's arm. 
"Woohyun-ah, can you order that one for me?" You said pointing at the yaki imo picture. 
Woohyun walked over to the grandma and ordered your yaki imo. 

"Here you go." Woohyun said, handing over the warm yaki imo to you. 
"Thank you." You said, smiling at him before taking a bite. 
"This is delicious. I just want to stay here and eat all of these food." You said as you savored the creamy and warm sweet potato. 
"Slow down or you'll have a stomachache." Woohyun warned you. 
"Yah! Are you jinxing me?" 
"I'm not. Slow down. These are foreign food to your stomach." 
You thought for a while. While you loved all of the food, Woohyun was right. 
You slowly chewed down the potato, looking away from Woohyun. 
"Did you want a bite?" You asked him. 
"For real?" He asked. 
"Yea, why not? I won't finish all of this." You said, offering him the other piece of potato.
"Thanks." He said. 
You handed him the other piece while you had your piece. 
Once Woohyun had his piece, you took the chance to hold his other hand, catching him by surprise. 
"Let's head up before it gets late." You said. 
Woohyun said nothing besides giving you a nod.
The walk was quiet, since you both were munching away your own potatoes. His grip was so warming and protective that made you never want to let go. Once you both finished, Woohyun looked over to you. 
"Get on my back." 
"What?" He caught you by surprised. 
"Get on my back." He repeated. 
"Why? Didn't you say I was heavy?"  
"I was just teasing." He laughed. 
"Are you sure? Remember that you offered." You said, pointing your finger at him. He smiled and nodded. 
"Turn around. I'm going to jump on your back." You said, backing away from him. Woohyun turned his back to you, as you were still taking a few steps back.
You felt that you could do anything. You felt so free. Most importantly, you were going to cherish these moments forever. 
"You better catch me." You yelled out to him.
"I got you." He yelled back, as he got in position. You smiled at his response. 
You did a slow jog and jumped right on his back. Like he promised, he caught you. You wrapped your arms around his neck, and he wrapped his arms right under your knees. 
Woohyun walked and you closed your eyes, wanting to absorb every moment you both had together. 
"Are you sleeping?" 
You opened your eyes when you heard Woohyun asked. 
"No. Are you tired?" 
"Not one bit." 
"If you are, you can put me down. You've walked quite a long time already." You said to him. 
"It's okay. I want to carry you."
"Okay then. Don't say I didn't say anything." You chuckled. 
"I won't." He replied, smiling. 
The sun started to set low. You knew that the day was coming to an end, and that would mean that you both would go back to being strangers again. You were afraid to face reality. You were afraid to let him go. 
"------." 
"Yea?" 
"Thank you for today." 
You didn't know what to say to him. In fact, you felt that it should be you thanking him.
"Why?" You asked him. 
"Today was the best day of the entire trip." 
"You're so weird." You chuckled. You didn't want to be reminded that today would never existed once the clock midnight. 
"I'm for real. Thank you." He said once more. 
"Woohyun, put me down." You said. 
"Why? I still want to carry you." 
"I have something to tell you." You told him. Woohyun stopped. 
"What is it?" He asked. 
"Put me down first." 
Woohyun lowered down and you got off. Woohyun turned around to look at you. 
"What did you want to tell me?" He asked, looking at you. 
You grabbed onto his hand. You tried your hardest to not cry in front of him.
"If anything, I should be the one thanking you. Thank you for everything." You said to him. Woohyun sensed that that thank you wasn't for today, but for something else. 
"I had so much fun with you." 
Woohyun tried to read you. 
"Thanks for making me very happy today." 
You felt the tears forming, but there were so much you wanted to say to him.
"We should get going." You said to Woohyun, letting his hand go. Just as you were going to walk away from him, Woohyun grabbed your arm pulling you back in front of him. 
"Was there more?" He asked. 
Yes.
You thought. 
"No. That was all." You lied. 
Woohyun felt a little disappointed. Just as you were about to leave again, Woohyun stopped you once more by holding onto your arm. 
"I've been feeling this way for a while. Whether I remember you or not, I know that the Woohyun you knew will always l----"

 

 


"Woohyun-oppa!" 

Woohyun shifted his attention to the person who called his name, looking ahead of him. At the same time, you turned around to look at that person. 

_______________________________________________
I hope you guys are enjoying the new edits! Pictures do not belong to me. Credits to the rightful owners. Happy Reading! Please send lots of love to Infinite. [WARNING]:WOOHYUN/INFINITE SPAM BELOW

(12.01) Shoutout to two new subscribers and a lovely commenter @Loumaria @springrose @Riri
♡Much love♡

This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "Arranged Marriage to Mr. Nam Woohyun" or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to subscribe, upvote, and comment below! For every comment you write, I will send you two (2) karma points:)

-Inspirit_07

WOOHYUN/INFINITE SPAM