⤜Chapter Thirty-Seven: Gone⤛

Arranged Marriage to Mr. Nam Woohyun

You sat down next to Suho, as Eunji had taken the seat next to Woohyun. You sat by the aisle and saw a glimpse of Woohyun. Just then, Woohyun turned around, and you both made eye contact. You looked at him for a few seconds, until you realized that you had been looking at Woohyun. You embarrassingly looked away and hid yourself behind the seat in front of you. 
"Are you comfortable right there? We can switch seats if you'd like." Suho offered. 
"Oh, it's okay. I'll be fine." You assured him. Suho smiled at you, then searched for a movie to watch. You popped your head out again and saw the back of his head. 
I hope you're okay.
You thought. 
"Suho, I'm a little tired. Will you wake me up when the plane lands?" You asked him. Suho looked at you and noticed that you did look exhausted. He nodded and smiled at you. 
"Thanks." 
You fixed yourself and got comfortable in the seat. Just as you closed your eyes, you felt something over you. You quickly opened your eyes and sat up. It was Suho's blazer. You looked at him, in surprised. 
"Suho-shi, it's okay! My cardigan will work just fine for me." You told him, removing the blazer to hand it back to him. 
"It's okay. Rest up." Suho said, and placed the blazer back on you. 
"Thank you." You smiled at him and situated yourself again. 
You closed your eyes and wished you dream of him.

"-----, wake up. We've landed." 
You heard Suho say. You opened your eyes and looked at him. 
"Already?" You asked, still trying to adjust to the lighting. 
"Yup. It was quick, huh?" Suho chuckled. 
"Yea, it did. It feels like I just closed my eyes." You chuckled. 
It was your instinct to look down the aisle. Suho noticed that you had looked down the aisle. 
"Woohyun left already." Suho said, making you retreat your head to look at him. 
"Oh...I was just looking if the aisle was clear for us to go." You lied. 

You walked out of the plane with Suho. Suho offered to help roll your luggage. 
"Are you sure? It's okay, really." You said to Suho. 
"I'm fine. Let me walk you to your gate." Suho insisted. 
"Thank you Suho-shi." You gave him a smile. As you two walked out of the airport, you saw Woohyun standing there by himself next to his car. Woohyun saw you, and he felt sad. It wasn't any kind of sad, but the sad that he was going to let you go. You looked at Suho and thanked him again. 
"Thank you Suho! I hope you get home safely." You wished. 
"You and Woohyun, be careful too. Let me know if you need anything." Suho offered. 
You gave Suho a wave and a smile, as he departed. You and Woohyun were a few feet apart only, but felt so distant. You took a deep breath, before rolling your luggage and walking over to him. Woohyun saw you and walked behind the car to pop the trunk open. Just as you were about to lift your luggage and place it in the back, Woohyun grabbed your luggage, catching you off guard. 
"I could have done it." You made a simple remark. Woohyun didn't say anything and walked over to his side. 
You slowly walked over to the passenger's side and opened the door. You sat in and looked out the window to stop yourself from stealing glances of him. 
No one said a word during the drive. You wanted to ask him so many questions, but you couldn't. 

By the time you knew, Woohyun had pulled up to the driveway. The car came to a stop, and you got out first. You opened the trunk and pulled out your luggage, rolling it away as you walked to the front door. Woohyun looked at you, before slowly pulling his stuff out. 
You unlocked the door and walked into the cold and dark house. You carried your bag upstairs and closed the door. 
You slowly walked to the desk and opened the drawer where the papers were rested in. You pulled the yellow envelope out and looked at it for a few seconds. 
This is really it.
You thought. 
You heard Woohyun walk pass your room and into his. 
You had hoped that there was a small chance that Woohyun had forgotten about it. The fact was that you weren't ready to sign the papers yet. You wanted that extra month more than anything. You knew that once you signed the papers, you'd never seen him again.
You held the envelope with both of your hands. You stood in front of the door and waited. You took a deep breath and opened the door. You walked to his room and stood in front of his door. 
This was it. This was going to be the moment. 

 

Just as you raised your hand to knock at his bedroom door, he stopped you. 
"Let's do it tomorrow at the court house." 
You heard him from behind. 
You turned around and saw him standing a few feet away from you. 
"That's fine." You said, almost in a whisper. You avoided his eye contact and walked past him. 
"Are you sure you don't want me to remember you?" He asked, making you stop. 
Your eyes watered. 
You entered your room, leaving his question unanswered. 
The moment you entered your room, tears flowed out and you dropped the envelope. You covered your face with both of your hands, back leaned against the door.
"Why did it hurt so much?" was the first question you asked yourself. 
That night, you locked yourself in your room. On the other hand, Woohyun did the same. He sat on the floor, back leaned against the door. He had anticipated for you to knock on the door, but you never did. 



"Woohyun-oppa, soon, we will be together again" Eunji smiled, looking at an old picture of her and Woohyun. 
She pulled out her phone and dialed a number. 
"Boss, you want to move it to tomorrow?" 
Eunji smirked. 
"Tomorrow afternoon. I got him back in Seoul." 
"Make sure you guys kill her properly this time. No mistakes." Eunji said, before ending the call. 
"I told you. You're going to pay for it, ------. This time I'm going to get you." Eunji smiled, as she stabbed a picture of you with Woohyun with a pocket knife. 

You quickly woke up, adjusting your eyes as the sunlight beam through the window. 
"What was that?" You asked yourself. 
"Why was Eunji in my dream?" You asked. You rubbed your eyes and got up from the floor. Just as you walked to the bathroom, you remembered about the envelope. You turned back and looked at it. The yellow envelope was lying on the floor. You slowly walked back and picked it up, then threw it on your bed. 
You closed your eyes under the warm running water. 
Everything's going to be over. I'm going to let him go. 
You told yourself. 

You got out of your room, with the envelope in one hand. You wore a simple beige woman's suit. Your jacket draped over one arm and your purse hung down on your shoulder. You closed the door quietly and walked downstairs. 
You set everything down in the living room and walked to the kitchen. 
You looked around very carefully. This would be your last time in the kitchen. You looked at the pictures you had taped on the fridge. You smiled, remmebering each moment that you both shared.

"Are you ready?" 
You quickly looked away and turned around to face the voice. 
It was him. Your husband. Nam Woohyun. 
He had on a simple navy suit. His hair was gelled to the side. 
"We should go." Woohyun said, before turning away from you. 
You stopped him. 
"Woohyun...shi" You said, making him stop. 
"You should go first. I'll follow in a bit." You said, trying to stop yourself from crying.
Woohyun didn't say anything, but deep inside, he was broken. You saw him pause for a second before taking another step. 
A few seconds passed, and you heard the front door closed. 
You took a deep breath and told yourself to not cry. 
After you regained your composure, you walked around. You wanted to remember every moment you both had around the house. The last room was the master's room. You took a deep breath and then opened it. The room looked the same as you remembered.
Just before left the room, you saw a glance of the paper that was left on the desk.
You walked over to the desk and lifted the paper. It was a handwritten letter by Woohyun. 

Your eyes flowed a waterfall. You felt your heart stop beating. All the air was out of you. You suddenly remembered about Woohyun and the court house. You wiped away your tears and ran downstairs. You quickly grabbed your purse and the yellow envelope.
Just as you were about to open the driver's side, you sensed someone behind you. You quickly looked behind you and saw no one. You shook it off and knew that you had to see Woohyun right away. You turned back and opened the door. Just before you could get inside your car, someone had covered your nose with a black cloth. Before you could get even get a chance to struggle, you had passed out from the chemical that was on the cloth. The person carried you over their shoulder then threw you in the back of a black van, driving away. 

Woohyun was in the court house, sitting across from the lawyer. Woohyun looked at his watch. 
She should be here by now.
Woohyun thought. 
Woohyun looked at the lawayer and smiled at her. 
"Did you guys want to rethink about divorce?" She asked Woohyun. Woohyun looked up at her. 
"No, we've agreed already." Woohyun replied.
"I think she's running a little late, that's all." Woohyun said. 
"I do have an extra copy of the file. Did you want to go ahead and sign it first? When she comes, she can sign her part." The lawyer suggested. 
Woohyun thought for a bit and then agreed with the lawyer. 
Within minutes, the lawyer pulled out the other copy and slid it across the table to Woohyun.
"There's three copies. One for you . One for -----. And, one for the court." The lawyer explained. Woohyun looked at her and gave her a small smile, that he understood. 
Woohyun took out his pen and looked at the paper that was in front of him. He read the terms and agreement. At the bottom, there was an X then a long line, below was his printed name. He saw your name on the paper too. Woohyun re-read the terms and agreement over and over again. 
He lifted his pen up and hovered it over his part. He thought for a while. 
Just as Woohyun pressed his pen on the paper, his phone rang. Woohyun immediately dropped the pen and gave an apologetic look at the lawyer. 
Woohyun looked at the caller ID and saw that it was your mom calling. 
"I'm sorry. I have to take this call." Woohyun said, excusing himself. 
Woohyun walked out of the court house and stood outside, ready to pick up the call. 

"Hello, mom!" He greeted. 
"Woohyun-ah, are you and ----- back from Japan?" Your mom asked Woohyun. 
"Ah, yes. We got back yesterday afternoon." 
"I tried calling ----, but she's not picking up my calls. Are you with her by any chance?" 
Woohyun was confused about where the call was going to. 
"I'm not with her. She's at home." Woohyun replied. 
"Mom, is there something wrong?"
"Is everything okay between you and -----?" Your mom asked. 
"Ah, yes. Everything's fine." 
"Are you sure? I know that you're still trying to remember her." 
"Ah yes. Don't worry about anything." 
"Please take care of her. I know it's hard for both of you." 
"I will. Thank you." Woohyun said.
With that, the call ended. Woohyun looked once more at his watch. It's been an hour since he left the house. Woohyun felt like something wasn't right. 
He walked back inside the court house and told the lawyer that he'd be back. 

Woohyun entered his car and drove back home as quickly as possible. Woohyun noticed that the gate was opened, which was odd. He swerved his car and parked right next to your car. He looked over the passenger side and saw that the driver's door from your car was open. He quickly unbuckled and got out of his car. He ran over to your car and looked inside your car, but no sign of you. Just as he turned back to run back to the house, he saw the yellow envelope under your car. He bent down and picked it up. 

He knew something had happened.

_______________________________________________
I hope you guys are enjoying the new edits! Pictures do not belong to me. Credits to the rightful owners. Happy Reading! Please send lots of love to Infinite. [WARNING]:WOOHYUN/INFINITE SPAM BELOW

[Notes]: Hey guys! Thank for your outpouring support. Every time I get a notification, I'm always excited to see what you guys have to say. I do want to let you guys know that this story will be coming to an end. 

The good news is that I have a new book uploaded onto this site and Wattpad. I am so excited to be writing a new story for you guys. It stars Wi Ha Joon X You, with Lee Soo Hyuk and Cha Eun Woo. This book has its twists and turns. It will be different from this book. I hope you guys give it some love too. You can find the book by clicking on the link below:) [Sneak Peek of the Cover] Thanks for the support!


My Mysterious Boss - Asianfanfics


(12.11) Shoutout to a lovely commenter @hakimmj
♡Much love♡

This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "Arranged Marriage to Mr. Nam Woohyun" or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to subscribe, upvote, and comment below! For every comment you write, I will send you two (2) karma points:)

-Inspirit_07

WOOHYUN/INFINITE SPAM