⤜Chapter One: Where We Begin⤛

Arranged Marriage to Mr. Nam Woohyun

You slammed shut your door and flopped on the bed like a fish. Nam Woohyun? There's no way I am getting marry to you. You thought. He's got to help me with this.
Meanwhile, Woohyun was only hearing about the news of his marriage. "There's no way I am going to marry whoever this girl you say is." Woohyun raised his voice slightly. 
"Nam Woohyun, watch your tone. I do not care what you think. This daughter is the daughter of a really good friend of your dad. It would be an embarrassment to not keep a promise. You are going to marry her." Mrs. Nam said before getting up to leave. She turned back and looked at Woohyun sitting on the couch. 
"Oh, the wedding is in one week, so prepare yourself." She smiled to Woohyun and proceeded to leave. Woohyun sat there in shock. He continued to sit there and think about what just came out of his mom's mouth. There's no way I am going to marry you. What about Eunji? I got to keep this away from her. Woohyun thought.


"---------, wake up, darling! You're going dress shopping!" You popped your head out of your blanket. Your hair was a mess. Your cheeks were stained with dry tears. 
"I'm not going, Omma! I already told you I will not marry that man" You yelled out. Your mom opened your door. "-------,whether you like it or not, that's just the way it is now. Get up! You want to make a good impression to your mother-in-law." Your mom said before walking out. There really was no choice now. You got up and got ready for day. 


"Aigoo, you must be _____. Good morning! I am Woohyun's mom. I am so lucky to have you as my daughter-in-law. Thank you for accepting our family. I can't wait for Woohyun to meet you." Mrs. Nam smiled. 
"Thank you, Mrs. Nam!" You smiled back and politely bowed, even though you wanted to die right there and then. "Don't call me Mrs. Nam. Try Omma!" Woohyun's mom insisted. You chuckled. 
"Why don't we start trying on the dresses?" Your mom said. 
"Oh yes! I've picked three already. Can you try those ones first?" Woohyun's mom asked. 
"Of course. I will be back shortly then." You told them. You walked into the fitting room. Three wedding dresses were hung on the rack, waiting for you to try it. 

Wedding Dresses — Sophia Grace Couture

You walked out of the fitting room and saw the two moms sitting and chatting to each other. The moment you walked out, they both stopped and looked at you. Your mom got a little teary. "Omma, please don't cry." You told her. She just smiled at you. "Hmm, do you feel like it's a little too showy?" Your mom asked. "I agree." Mrs. Nam replied. "Why don't you try on the next dress?" You just smiled and walked back to the fitting room. 

Pronovias — Indianapolis, IN Bridal Store & Wedding Dresses | Marie Gabriel  Couture
You walked out again. "I feel like this can be the look, but don't you like it's too simple?" Mrs. Nam asked your mom. "I agree.------, try on the next one." 
10 Pin-Worthy Wedding Dresses You Need To Try On Right Now ⋆ Ruffled
"Wow!!! I think this is the one!!" Mrs. Nam exclaimed. "I have to agree!------, do you like this one?" Your mom asked you. You turned around to look at yourself in the mirror. "Yea, I think this can be the one." You replied. You couldn't believe that you were going to marry a stranger. You were so angry, sad, confused, and surprised at the same time. The moms made the payment as you changed back to your clothes. 

Meanwhile, Woohyun went suit shopping with his friends. "Sunggyu-hyung, help me pick out a suit. I have no motivation to look at one at all." Woohyun lazily said. "Yah, Nam Woohyun, you're getting married. At least be a little excited." Sunggyu told him, trying to motivate him in some way. Sungjong and Sungyeol sat on the bench, while Hoya and L stood next to Woohyun. Dongwoo looked around trying to find Woohyun a nice suit. "Woohyun, try this one!" Dongwoo excited said, while pulling out the suit to show Woohyun. Woohyun rolled his eyes and took the suit, not wanting to try it on. 
Nam Woo-Hyun Photos (26 of 28) | Last.fm
"If you all like this one, then I guess I will go with this one." Woohyun said as he showed his friends the suit. "Yaaa, smile and put some effort in it!" Sunggyu told him. His friends gave him a thumbs up, approving of the suit. Woohyun paid for his suit and they all walked out. "Let's head to Paradise Cafe." Sungjong suggested. Woohyun looked at him and nodded in approval.

You and the moms decided to hit up Paradise Cafe for a small break, since none of you had breakfast. 

Captain M Café by N7A Architects
"------, please get us a small Americano and a croissant." Your mom told you and you nodded and then headed to the line. You looked at the menu, but in your head, you thought about everything. How can two parents already planned their child's wedding? Wasn't that unfair and selfish on their part? 
"Excuse me. What would you like?" You knocked back to your sense to see the young lady serving you. 
"I'm so sorry. Um, can I get two Americano and two croissant?" You asked her. "No problem. Give us a few minutes." She replied. You smiled back at her and moved aside. The moment you walked to the "Pick-up" sign, you heard another man ordering. It seemed like he had a big order, but you didn't dare to look back at who was ordering. After a few minutes, you finally got your drinks.

"Here you go. These are the Americanos. Please give us a few minutes, while we prepare the fresh croissant." The same lady who served you, slid to the drinks to you. You nodded. You thought about giving the drinks to the moms first, since you could only carry so much with your two hands. The moment you turned around, someone bumped into you, making you spill the drink on you and him. You gasped. You were terrifed that the person would be angry. Both of the drinks slipped out of your grip. You looked down to the spilled drinks for a few seconds. Then, you looked up.
You guys made eye contact for a few seconds, then you broke the contact and instantly bowed down. "Oh my god! I am so sorry. I didn't see you ther----" He cutted you off. "No, I'm really sorry." He apologized. "Let me buy you your drinks." He insisted. 
"No, it's fine, really." You told him. "Please." He said. You really didn't know what to say than a thank you to him. You got your order again, and just before you could leave, he stopped you again. 
"I'm sorry, but I didn't get your name. What's your name?" He asked. You turned to look at him. Just before you could answer him, you phone rang. It was your mom. You picked it up. "Yes, Omma." "Where did you go? Is everything okay?" Your mom asked. "Nae. I'm coming now." You told her. You ended the call and looked at him, apologetically. "I'm sorry, I have to go." You said and fast walked to the moms' table. He stood there, looking at you sprint away. 
"Ya! You're getting married." Sunggyu said as he saw Woohyun looking at you. Woohyun frowned. "Hyung, don't remind me about that." He sighed. 

You walked to the moms' table. 
"Omo ----, what happened to your shirt?" Mrs. Nam asked. 
"Ahh, I bumped into a guy and I spilled it." You explained to them. "Aish, what kind of man is that?" Your mom said annoyingly. "It's okay." You told them. You excused yourself to the bathroom to clean up and then you walked back to the table. 
"------, are you ready to go look for the bridesmaid's dresses and your future home?" Mrs. Nam asked. You were in shocked. Wait, what? There's a house too? Omma never told me. You were taken back. "A house?" You asked again just to make sure you heard the right thing. "Yes, a house. You guys will be living together." Your mom explained. "Do I have to? We can be married on paper, and we can live separately." You tried to explain to them. Both moms shook their heads no. "That's not how marriage work. Let's go see the dresses and then we will head to the houses." Your mom told you. You quietly sighed. You couldn't disagree because it seemed like the wedding was for real. Actually, too real for you to process. It seemed like both parents had already planned everything out. 

You and the moms looked at dresses over dresses before you guys finally found the one. "I like these ones." You said. You wanted to put some effort towards the wedding, since it was going to be your first and your last one. The moms smiled. 

burgundy sequin bridesmaid dress | Exclusive Deals and Offers |  jpmgroup.co.in
The moms purchased the dresses and soon you guys were on the way to see the houses. "Now, we personally chose the houses. We hope that one day you and Woohyun can build a big family." Mrs. Nam said and your mom agreed. Ew? Grandchildren already? I will not be sleeping with him, nor will he do anything to me. You thought to yourself. You managed the pull out a smile to them. You just wanted to kill yourself. 

Again, you wanted to put some effort in this marriage, even though you didn't want to marry him. You had to courage to ask Mrs. Nam. "Omma, Woohyun-shi won't be looking at the homes?" She looked at you. "I told him to come along, but he said he was going suit shopping with his friends for the wedding. He said any house you choose, he will be fine with you." She smiled at you and you gave her a small nod. Hmm, he's really putting no effort in this wedding? Maybe he can stop this wedding for both of our sakes. You thought while looking out the window. 

You guys quickly pulled up to a luxurious home. You couldn't believe your eyes. Your home wasn't even that big, and to have just you and Woohyun live in this mansion, you wanted to married him less. You walked around the house and walked back to the front. 

When Naples, Florida Real Estate Heats Up This Happens - Shannon Lefevre
"So do you like it?" Your mom asked. They both were eager to hear your response. "Well....it's really big. Um, but I think it's too big, since it's just us." You explained to them. They both looked at each other and then back at you. "It's okay then. We can look at the next house." Mrs. Nam said. You all walked back to the car and ventured to the next home on the list.
Luxury Home Designs | Pro Builder
You again felt the same. The house was just too big. You guys then went on the next home on the list. Homes after homes, you guys finally decided on a home. "Do you guys think Woohyun-sshi would like this house? I feel like this house can be a home." You wanted to throw up after saying those words. They both smiled and exclaimed. "Of course!" You gave them a small smile and looked back at the house. Home. You silently thought. Before leaving the place, you looked back at it again. It's really happening. 
MultiBrief: More sellers than buyers for luxury homes

There was just so much to do. Mrs. Nam dropped you and your mom off. "See you guys tomorrow!" Mrs. Nam said and waved to you guys. Your mom waved back and you bowed down, as her car drove away. You looked at your mom. "Omma, tomorrow? We're going to see her again tomorrow?" You asked. "Yep! For your wedding venue and reception." She smiled at you and then walked inside the house. You mute screamed and stomped your feet before entering the house. You were just so angry that you were going to really get married to this stranger. On top of that, this soon-to-be husband wasn't even putting any effort into the wedding. 

The next day arrived and you weren't looking forward to it at all. You wanted to just sleep in and forget about everything. You were indeed still very mad. You and the moms went to several places to see which venue best fitted you and Woohyun. Even though you weren't excited, you still very much wanted to feel excited. Every girl have dreamed of their dream wedding and you wanted to live that moment. Venues after venues, and receptions after receptions, you finally decided to settle on one.
 
Enchanted Outdoor Greenery Wedding | Florida Rustic Barn Weddings                  Wedding Reception Ideas | Martha Stewart
For once, you felt excited like every girl who was meant to marry their soulmate.

_____________________

I feel very proud of this new edit. I tried to keep the plot as similar as to the original writing, with a few minor edits here and there. I hope you guys enjoy the new edits I am making. I am also very excited to tell you guys that this story will be posted on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "Arranged Marriage to Mr. Nam Woohyun" or you can search up my username @alwaysterius

Pictures do not belong to me, so please give credits to the rightful owners. Happy Reading!

As always, don't forget to subscribe, upvote, and comment below! For every comment you write, I will send you two (2) karma points:)

-Inspirit_07