Calling PureBride!

♥ éclair reviews ~ busy finishing requests!

A Joy Shared is a Joy Doubled

Author: PureBride

Chapters: 2 (two-shot)

Reviewer: SimplyCuddly

 


 

Title: 8/10

I think the title suites the two-short quite well! It's a bit lengthy, but I find it unique.

Also, I personally think it would be better if you took out the {Myungyeon + Woolun/Woona} bit in the title. Just leaving it as 'A Joy Shared is a Joy Doubled' would better enhance the readers' interest and curiosity. 

 

Description/Foreword: 7/10

I found your description/forward to be a tad bit cluttered and long. Although that's the case, I was rather captivated by the dialogue in the little prologue. It made me curious, which is good!

 

Appearance: 6/10

The poster and background is cute and sparkly, but I think it would be more appropriate if your story was themed with matching soft colors instead, just so us readers' can have the sweet romantic feel to your romance story. But that's totally up to you!

The text in the chapters was perfectly fine; well-spaced and neat.

 

Characterization: 15/20

You written and described your characters nicely throughout this story. Jiyeon and Myungsoo's shy relationship was sweet, and Woohyun's playboy attitude with the stubborn Luna was rather humorous. Good work!

 

Grammar and Punctuation: 12/20

Like I said earlier, the way you formatted your story was neat and clean which I was pleased to see! 

But there were a few mistakes I need to point thought, starting with grammar. I noticed a couple of misspellings, such as starring should be staring, cote should be coat, bible should be Bible, and whipped should be wiped.

You did fairly well with punctuation, but there were a couple of instances where commas were not necessary. 

Your sentences were descriptive, which is always very important when writing a story. Keep it up! And keeping in mind that English is not your first language, I was actually rather impressed while reading. So good job! 

 

Plot: 9/15

It was simple and I've seen quite a few stories like this. A boy and a girl like each other but are too scared to confess it, and then they're two friends try to pair them up. But that kind of plot is fine since this is just a two-shot, not a full multi-chaptered story. 

And just to add, I really like how you told Jiyeon's first meeting with Myungsoo. That gives us a perspective on how Jiyeon first reacted to meeting Myungsoo which is an important part in this story. 

 

Flow: 7/10

The flow was just fine! It was a bit rushed during the fireworks scene, but it was nice overall.  

 

Total Enjoyment: 4/5

Aside from the mistakes and places where improvement is needed, I thought this story was pretty cute. Sweet and simple. I hope my review was helpful! 

 

 

Total: 68/100