Calling Kymori!

♥ éclair reviews ~ busy finishing requests!

Author: Kymori

Chapters: 14 (on-going)

Reviewer: SimplyCuddly

 


 

Title: 8.5/10

Just by the first glance of the title, I was curious. It's a pretty creative title, but right now I don't really see how it relates to the story. I'm sure you'll clarify that later, and I hope you do. Also, I had to mark you down because you made a slight capitalization error. 

Error: How To Save a Life

Correction: How to Save a Life

 

Description/Foreword: 6.5/10

I liked it, and it captured my interests. Although, I didn't really like how used the images of notes. Personally, I would have preferred if you wrote the words out on the description/foreword because using the images makes the description/forward look a bit jumbled and uneven. 

 

Appearance: 4/10 

In the foreword and throughout your story, try sticking to the same font and size. It can be quite a turn-off and extremely distracting to the readers with all these different changes, so try being consistent. This goes for your various dividers and layouts as well. 

The poster and background are both pretty, but I don't think they really match. I advise requesting at a poster shop and getting a matching poster and background. 

 

Characterization: 9.5/20

There were a lot of characters, and I think you focused on the side characters a bit too much. Sometimes the main OC girl, Kyung Soon, wouldn't even appear in some chapters. Niel and Kyung Soon are the main characters, right? So I'd think they would have the main focus throughout the entire story.

For the characterization in conclusion, I found the characters' prominent traits rather vague and confusing. Try revealing the personalities through their actions, reactions, and thoughts more. I also recommend being consistent with the characters. In the beginning I saw Kyung Soon as the quiet type, but then she later turned bubbly and happy. 

 

Grammar and Punctuation: 17/20

I don't have much to say about this section. You did a great job in this section. Keep it up, and strive for even more improvement! 

 

Plot: 8/15

I've seen similiar stories to this, relating the girl with a gang, so I wouldn't call it very original. There were some parts that caught me off guard and then I couldn't understand clearly. That has to do with the flow, and I'll be getting to that in the next section. 

On a side note, I wouldn't put angst as this fic's main tag. To me, this story would be categorized in the action/romance tags. But of course, it's up to you. That's what I see as a reader.

 

Flow: 3/10

Everything is happening at a very fast pace. I felt like some of the scenes were rushed, like the scene where Exo-K and Infinite suddenly die. I was like, woah, what just happened? I found that there wasn't enough elaboration and describing on what was going on and the scene changes. Also, Niel and Kyung Soon's relationship grew a bit too suddenly, such like the skin ship. I think there needed to be more development in their relationship. 

On a side note, your POV changes were a bit confusing. In one chapter it would be Kyung Soon speaking, then in the next it would be third person, and then it would be the someone I don't even know who's speaking. Writing in first person is quite difficult to smoothly accomplish when you want the readers to view various different characters' point of views, so personally, I would have liked it if this story was written in third person. If you stick to first person, let the readers know who's speaking in the beginning. For example, 'Kyung Soon's POV' 

 

Total Enjoyment: 1.5/5

It was hard for me to enjoy the story with the rushed flow and the distracting appearance (mainly the text). I'm sorry, dear. I wish you luck in your future writing! 

 

 

Total: 58/100