Calling amylya09!

♥ éclair reviews ~ busy finishing requests!

Only You

Author: amylya09

Chapters: 17 (on-going)

Reviewer: ayu-hime

 


 

Title: 6/10
I've seen a lot of fics with that title, so it's not that eye-catching. But it irked me nonetheless. Suggestion: Remove the '~'. :)

 

Description/Foreword: 6/10

I think the description is all over the place. And you gave too much info on how the story starts. On a lighter note, it did capture my interest a bit because of the questions at the end. I have no problems with the character charts because you didn't give too much info on that, which is good. You should've put the credits and author's notes at the end of the foreword though.

I also noticed some mistakes, like the need of using the possessive case (apostrophe), tense errors and lack of punctuation marks. I recommend putting a space after those so it will look neat.

Error: You,So Eun Mi saved 2PM Taecyeon from an accident.One day your mother was hospitalized.

Correction: You, So Eun Mi, saved 2PM's Taecyeon from an accident. One day, your mother was hospitalized.

Error: Taecyeon return to your life and offer you a job as 2PM maid.

Correction: Taecyeon returns to your life and offers you a job as 2PM's maid.

Lastly, I recommend you to not cut off the sentences and only use the next space if you're going to write a new paragraph.

 

Appearance: 7/10

I have no problems with the poster. I really like it and it suits your story well.

With the chapters, I find putting images in between them kind of disturbing. And the descriptions are a tad too short for me. I know a picture is worth a thousand words, but I suggest you remove the images and just describe them with words so you could stir the readers' imagination, plus it will make your story more fun and spontaneous to read. And don't put author's notes in between the chapters. I don't think it's necessary.

 

Characterization: 15/20

I'm okay with the characters, except the fact that I found 2PM's closeness with Eunmi a bit rushed even though there was a timeskip of one month. But all in all, it was good.

The description of their house bugged me a bit. 2PM here is an idol group, and I think idol groups live in flats, not mansions. So I found it a bit unrealistic.

 

Grammar/Punctuation: 5/20

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but there are a whole lot of errors. Mostly, it dealt with tense usage and punctuation marks. Again, put space after the punctuation marks so it looks neat.

Error: Alright everyone!! It only 11 in the morning.I'll give you time until 5 o'clock to do anything you want but don't go to far away.Is everyone clear?

Correction: Alright everyone! It's only 11 in the morning. I'll give you time until 5 o'clock to do anything you want but don't go too far. Is everything clear?

As much as I want to point it all out, I recommend getting a beta, or you could first type your chapter in MS Word so you'll see your errors. I also recommend you to avoid using Korean words like "annyeonghaseyo" and all that and just use English. That way, your story looks more neat.

 

Plot: 9/15

I found the plot a tad bit cliche. But I really don't find a lot of fics with the main as an idol group's maid, so it's relatively new to me.

 

Flow: 8/10
The flow was nice when Eunmi was looking for a job and Taec hired her. But yeah, even though there was a time skip of one month, I found 2PM's closeness with Eunmi a bit rushed. On a lighter note, Seeing that their childhood friends, I think her relationship with Kai is just at the right pace, so good job!

 

Total enjoyment: 3/5

To be honest, I like the story. The only downside is the grammar and spelling errors. But there's always room for improvement! Good luck!

 

 

Total: 61/100

R/N: First review! Whew! I hope I wasn't that harsh. ;w;