Calling kpopfan3!

♥ éclair reviews ~ busy finishing requests!

I Don't Think I Can Erase You

Author: kpopfan3

Chapters: 2 (two-shot)

Reviewer: SimplyCuddly

 


 

Title: 7/10

I thought the title was well-suited for your two-shot. I found it a tad bit lengthy, but overall, it's fine.

 

Description/Foreword: 8/10

It was short and simple, and I honestly like it. It gave me a sprinkle of curiosity. I have no particular issues with it.

 

Appearance: 10/10

There was no weird neon colors or strange backgrounds, which I'm very pleased to say. The single picture of Yongguk on the description/forward added a nice touch. It's all good!

 

Characterization: 17/20

I found the characterization, particularly with Yongguk, rather vague. I wish there was more a bit more elaboration on his background and maybe how he started drinking in the first place, but I think I received enough to understand. 

 

Grammar and Punctuation: 15/20

Your writing was rather creative in this two-shot and I applaud you for that, but there were a couple of errors I must point out. First is the way you wrote Yongguk's name. I found it in the list of characters and within the two-shot. I highly recommend fixing it because it can be quite a turn off. And also, be sure to watch out for predicate usage.

Error: Bangyongguk slowly sat up from the floor with her picture still grasped by his hand.

Correction: Bang Yongguk slowly sat up from the floor with her picture still grasped in his hand.

At around the end of the first chapter, I think you used a bit too many short sentences. It can be quite tiring for some readers, so I recommend trying to combine some of the sentences to make it smoother and easier to read. On a side note, you had a little misspelling on one word: 'stratching' should be 'scratching'. 

Overall, I found your writing style good and decent! I must say that you had some nice metaphor usage. Good work.

 

Plot: 10/15

It's not really cliché, but it's not very original either. I've seen a couple of fics similar to this.

 

Flow: 7/10

The flow was pretty good, but I was kind of confused with the girl's death. You didn't give any real clarification on how and why she died, and that made the two-shot feel rather rushed. 

 

Total Enjoyment: 2.5/5

Overall, it was honestly a nice two-shot. You write good, but just make sure to keep an eye out for even the littlest things. Good luck on your future writing! 

 

 

76.5/100