Calling SHINeeCookie!

♥ éclair reviews ~ busy finishing requests!

Survivors' Heart

Author: SHINeeCookie

Chapters: 5 (on-going)

Reviewer: YellowGoyangi

 


 

Title: 7/10

First of all, shouldn’t this title be called, “Survivors’ Hearts” because you are talking about more than one person’s heart. You used the “ s’ ” which means more than one’s possession. Other than that error, I actually like the title. It suits the plot well.

 

Description/Foreword: 6/10

The description is quite good and attracts the reader quite well when read. The foreword, however, was a bit too revealing and said a little too much about what’s going to happen.

 

Appearance: 3/10

To be honest I wasn’t very fond of the poster or background. I get this is a rather violent story and that’s the mood these features give out but they also may appear very tacky to a reader’s eyes.
About the hyperlinks to your credits…I would color the text black to that it matches with the rest of the text. (don’t worry, it’ll automatically bold itself)
In the chapters, it would be better to have kept the text in the same font and size; otherwise the text would appear tacky-looking.

 

Characterization: 20/20

Nothing to complain about here! The characters are very interesting who follow and support their traits well.

 

Grammar and Punctuation: 18/20

There were a few common author errors here and there when it came to capitalization, spelling and grammar. Nothing major but I’d re-read your chapters just to make sure those errors are taken care of. Other than that in this category, you did well!


Plot: 15/15

The plot…the plot is…wow. Definitely not cliché that’s for sure! I don’t think there are many zombie stories on this site and I enjoyed reading yours as my first zombie fanfic. It’s very unique. Interesting? YES.

 

Flow: 4/10

I’m sorry to say that there was a big problem here. The story’s point of view was switching so many times! It’s not bad to have different points of view in a story; it’s just that you NEED to remind the reader whose point of view it is. For the first couple chapters, I thought I was reading in Minho’s point of view when really it was Taemin’s. So, I recommend you to always notify whose point of view you are writing in.
Other than this issue, the pace for this story was good.

 

Total Enjoyment: 4/5

Aside from that flow (point of view) error, I really enjoyed the storyline! The violence with the zombies was quite enjoyable along with the little romance-drama going on in between.

 

 

Total: 77/100

R/N; I see potential!! Thank you for requesting and please feel free to use my recommendations. ^^ Buhbye now~